“Good option”

Ranked #12 of 36 Hotels in Andorra la Vella
barcelona
“Good option”
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

A good option in andorra, location it s perfect near restaurants and shops. A public parking in front of the hotel. Good facilitys althought the hotel it s not fashion, it s very old.

Gread for kids, and for have a swim.

Rooms are good and not noisy.

A pet it s 17 euros per night, very expensive.

A good option although looks older than my grandmother.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Finnish first
North East England
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Arrived for a 2 night stay, picked hotel as have stayed in Mercure chain hotel before and the big must was car parking and location.
Car parking arrangements worked well for us with very helpful staff.
Check in took a long time don't understand why this was, eventually we got to the room which was twin beds and I had booked a double.
Breakfast really good plenty of choice from hot and cold buffet.
We asked at the hotel desk for a city map and was given one telling us where the shopping street is so we set off round the streets, we later found out if you leave the fifth floor this leads you straight out onto the street instead we walked 5 floors of the hotel by hill!!!
On our last night we got back to our room 10pm, the room was very warm so put the aircon on to find it was broken. After several trips to reception a cleaning lady came to check it more phone calls and 2 room changes we finally got to bed after 12... When I checked out the next day I asked for some money to deducted from my bill as this had greatly inconvenienced us.... Shrug of shoulders as their attitude was we had got another room so they had sorted it... Don't think customer/guest satisfaction matters!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Ruthiec007
NY
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The Mercure Andorra is an excellent hotel: the rooms and common areas are at, or a little above, the Mercure standard, but this hotel profits from the synergy with two other hotels. Andorra -la-Vella has its quota of steep inclines, but by sharing access the Mercure has street-level access both at floor 0 (to Prat de la Creu at the river level) and floor 5 (to av. Meritxell, the main street for shopping and to the attractions). The synergy also provides for good and easy-to-access parking and to restaurants. Service is very friendly, and the stay was perfect.

The location is excellent, close to the old town, surrounded by restaurants and shops.

In additon to the normal features, the hotel offers a number of free services, which include a spa and pool at the terrasse. Be prepared and bring your bathing suit!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Москва, Россия
Reviewed 28 February 2014

good hotel, comfortable for a business stay and ski activities
good breakfasts
quiet, good bars and restaurants nearbye.
shopping area not far from the hotel
kaldea spa ceneter is just 10 min walk from the hotel

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Location was excellent. Room was lovely with nice views and the rooftop mini golf was good fun. Only downside was reception not very organised on arrival. Food was good and bar service was excellent. All in all a lovely hotel ideal for families whether long or short stay.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Christine S
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Stayed here for an overnight stay in Andorra on my way to Spain. Booked it because it had a car park (which was big enough for me to park my E-Class and I'm not a great parker) and after a long drive I wanted a reliable hotel. Hotel is in the centre of town (which isn't difficult as the city isn't exactly big), staff friendly and breakfast nice.

Now the negatives..... I know I'm British and we like things a little different but is a double bed too much to ask for. I think all the rooms are twins.

And a warning ... Sat Nav + High buildings + Mountains = blue language ... my inbuilt sat nav really had problems driving in Andorra La Vella.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Aalst, Belgium
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Oh what was this a let down! The lobby looks great, but the rooms were outdated and too classic. The TV was a very old outdated CRT screen instead of a flat screen.

The most horrible part was that there was no way to get online! The WiFi signal was strong, but visiting a website, or uploading my work reports was simply impossible. Even checking email and facebook were simply not possible. A neverending waiting time. It did not matte whether you went to the lobby or used the computers with internet access. There were all terribly outdated with even the old-fashioned Windows Messenger on it! And still, none of them could get you online!

I went to the reception desk to explain the problem but the guy on the desk simply said: "Yes, I know sir, the internet is very very slow. But I can't help it. I can't even Skype with my wife in Marrakesh". No alternative or solution or even compensation was offered. I had to call my boss at midnight, explaining to him that it was impossible to upload my work and reports to the team that day.

Next day I checked out and didn't want to pay. At the reception desk, I was able to speak to the manager of the hotel, who told me in half-English, half-Catalan, that the government of Andorra was to blame for the slow internet connection and that I had to file a complaint at the tourism office! The manager said the hotel was not responsible for the internet problem and she forced me to pay the 104 euros for the horrible evening.

I will never return to this horrible hotel who did not have any intention to compensate me for the inconvenience and refused to take responsibility on this matter.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank Matthias S