“Most fun, best snow, amazing people and GOOD TIMES!”

Vallnord Pal-Arinsal
Ranked #1 of 19 things to do in Arinsal
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Most fun, best snow, amazing people and GOOD TIMES!”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

A old colleague of mine wrote what he thought was an 'excellent' review yesterday but it seems he pressed the opposite key by accident! I know he agrees with me that Arinsal totally ROCKS! He's taught skiing there for donkey's years, and wouldn't keep going back for nothing! Good skiing, great snow, amazing instructors, and the Ski School has been recognised for this. Oo then there's the very cool pubs with mega staff! I keep going back, & I'll never stop! Whoop to Arinsal! X

Visited January 2014

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Wirral
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Having wrote a review previously, the same is said once again. The ski area is great for all levels, I am now an advanced beginner, whilst my husband and friends are intermediate. However, this year's holiday was not quite so succesful. Unfortunately my husband had a serious accident on the 2nd day, during a lesson he tumbled and I mean tumbled resulting in a shattered tibia and fibula.

The medical team were exellent, immediate response and taken to Andorra hospital within an hour of being taken off the slopes. The ski instructor acted quickly, getting me help but obviously concerned having not had a student have an accident in his previous 10 years of being there.

Whilst I would not advocate having an accident, the reassurance that if you do there is an amazing medical team on hand, as well as the staff from the ski school all offering support and assistance. Even after, when my husband was in Andorra hospital, the ski instructors offered support and assistance in getting me help to try and get us home, with the assistance of the British Consulate, located in Arinsal.

This aside, the slopes were fantastic, the weather (for the two days we skiied) was wonderful and we shall certainly be returning in 2 years when all the bones are repaired.

This resort is for all levels, ages and budgets.

1 Thank Emma L
Worcester, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Ski the valleys.”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Generally well organised. Ski hire shop was under staffed and a bit taxing as we have all ski'd before and knew what equipment was required. Very little queuing at lifts. Slopes at Arinsal are very open and easy, suited to beginners/ intermediates really. Can be quite busy due to amount of ski instruction going on....but gives you plenty to watch.
% minute gondola trip to Pal in the next valley....this is more like what I'm used to, tree lined runs mostly blues & reds and some great bendy runs too..fewer learners over hear but still plenty of easy slopes (Snowboard unfriendly). The scenery is spectacular as we had glorious sunshine all week (9th to 16th March)

Kendal, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Friendly ski resort”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

great ski area with wide open slopes.
Plenty of chair lift (great for snowbaording), small enough not to loose family members, great beginners area with two magic carpets that are close to the cafes etc.
maybe limited for advanced skiers as mostly blue and red runs.

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great runs!”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

My first ever snowboard holiday destination and I loved it! Would happily go back. Enough runs ranging from Green to Black for people of different abilities, can easily get to the other mountains via bus/gondola. Local area has enough restaurants and bars for people whether you're looking for a quiet bite or a big session on the ale. Great place

Visited April 2013