Chateau Le Mas de Montet
Hotel La Vieille Maison(Saint-Paul-Lizonne)(Great Value!)
US$94
  • Breakfast included
La Braisiere(Saint-Romain)
US$68
Chateau De La Cote(Bourdeilles)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$95
Hotel Restaurant Le Sorbier(Razac-sur-l'Isle)
US$102
US$247
US$162
US$154
Orbitz.com
All reviewswedding venueout of this worldmy sisterfairy talefrance
Reviewed 28 December 2012

My wife and I booked 3 days in Montet as a part of our Honeymoon and ended up staying for 5 as we couldn't not bring ourselves to leave. Having spent nearly 3 weeks travelling around the region and staying in 6 different 4 star (and better) hotels, Montet was the unquestionable highlight. The staff could not have been more helpful, the Chateaux and gardens are simply stunning and the food is Michelin star quality - particularly the desserts. There is plenty to do in the area but we saw out many an afternoon drinking from their extensive wine menu relaxing by the pool which is set so elegantly next to the facade of the main house. If you do choose to visit, take a cooking lesson from Marie, where first you will head into the grounds to pick mushrooms, wild garlic and herbs, before being taught classic french cooking in the easiest of ways. You will not regret a visit here, of this I can promise.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SCJarvis
Reviewed 18 November 2012

What a wonderful place to go. Great food and individual attention. I stayed here with a friend for a couple of nights in June and was absolutely delighted with the treat that we felt Chateau Le Mas de Montet proved to be. The food was superb and included fresh fruit and veg from their own beautiful kitchen garden, a good selection of wine, and attentive waiting staff.The suite we stayed in was fabulous and huge, however having looked in other rooms I would be equally happy. Despite the inclement weather, the pool was opened for us and lots of warm towels supplied as we got out in the rain! I am really looking forward to going back. I think this would be a perfect place for family celebrations and couples.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 October 2012

I have visited several times to dine, and it has always been excellent. Now had the opportunity to stay as well, and it was wonderful. the staff attentive without being intrusive, food great, and lovely room (suite). Food was up to standard, wine list comprehensive and well priced.

Room Tip: suites are in the main house.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Another fantastic dinner on our recent visit. We booked for our wedding aniversary but brought our ten year old daughter with us who enjoyed the food aswell. This is the fourth time we have eaten in the restaurant and on each occasion it lives up to expections.Thanks. Paul, Rachel and Darcie.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2012

My wife and i went here for our tenth wedding anniversary in august. We were looking for a special meal to celebrate and this excellent restaurant really did a great job for us. The service was great, from reception through to the table staff. The venue was very classic French decor - it was in fantastic condition, very clean and well presented. We chose the 45 Euro menu, and with the amuse bouche, sorbet, and small cheese course, alongside out starter, main and dessert, we left very full and generally very impressed. I particularly liked my starter - scrambled eggs with black truffle. Slightly disappointed with our main courses - my steak (boeuf rossini) was really well cooked but the meat wasn't the best quality - very, very chewy. My wife's guinea fowl was much better but both mine and hers came with exactly the same vegetables in exactly the same setting on the plate - i know its a small thing but it felt a bit lazy not to think of a different approach to the two different meats, especially with only 5 mains on the menu. That aside though, the desserts were excellent - I had a fantastic shortbread with strawberries. There was also a great wine list, great combination of local and national, reasonable priced and high end. We'd definitely go there again

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple