“Best Italian Grill in Monaco (& Good Value Too!)”

La bionda brasserie
Ranked #10 of 51 Restaurants in La Condamine
Cuisines: American, Italian, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Best Italian Grill in Monaco (& Good Value Too!)”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

This restaurant is a great concept as it's an Italian grill serving tasty cuts of beef, chicken and even sausages. It's especially good in a town like Monaco where there are a plethora of over-priced restaurants serving the same old French rubbish. Everywhere you go you see Steak Frites, Tartare de Boeuf, Salade Nicoise, and not forgetting frisbee Pizzas.. so it's so refreshing finding La Bionda where you can find something different: grilled meats a la Italia!!

We didn't try too many dishes but what we had were really tasty. My picanha beef (thick slab with a delicious coating of fat on the top and then sliced and presented on a hot plate) was packed with flavor even though it was a touch overcooked (my fault as I wanted medium). My friend's Italian sausage was very good too. And our side dishes of mixed salad and fries were perfect. I also had a slice of the parma ham off the bone and I will definite order it next visit. After dinner I joined my friends table for some vino and tried their skewers of lamb/goat (rostelle).. needless to say those were yummy bites and will also be on my hit list next time..

Last but not least, mention should be made of the prices. They are really reasonable especially for Monaco. This town has seen many changes having been overtaken by Russians of dubious caliber.. and hence all the original pillars of Monaco dining such as Rampoldi, Bistroquet, Triangolo have all disappeared. Instead bastions of Eastern Euro tackiness such as Cipriani have emerged serving bad food at bad prices. So we are so grateful for somewhere like La Bionda to come all the way from San Remo (where it's HQ resides) to serve us great food at great prices. Viva Italia!!

• Visited December 2013

• Greek first
Warrenpoint, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“Warm Nicoise Reception”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

My wife and I visited La Bionda on the recommendation of a nearby shopkeeper. He told us that the brasserie was building a good reputation among the locals as a good value, high quality place to eat. We followed his advice and weren't disappointed.

We arrived early in the evening and managed to get an inside corner table, from where we were able to observe everything. During the course of the following two hours we were served with a simple starter (grilled vegetables), pasta and meat courses and a dessert, together with a bottle of tasty red wine. The food was really good but what impressed us most was the efficiency and friendliness of the staff. Led by the proprietor, the team worked the room smoothly and quite effortlessly. The chef took obvious pride in his preparation of grilled meats and was not slow to let the servers know when a dish was ready to go out. Although the room was full, nobody was left waiting to be served and we did not feel any pressure on us to finish our meal.

Overall it was a fabulous experience, culminating in a bill of just €50! An absolute gem of a place in a city that is reknowned for high prices (we had paid the same amount for a couple of cocktails in the Hotel de Paris earlier in the evening).

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Richard O
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Having been there a week previously , during the first week of opening and being very busy with a good meal, but understandably delayed due to a full rest.
Now, we did make a reservation, requested a table outside - when we arrived, we were sat inside. This inside of the dining room, is very compact - to the point that if someone (like ourselves) are placed in the central table, we have to keep on moving to allow other diners to pass. To me they need to remove this table!
HOWEVER, this visit was a bit of a joke, waited 45 mins for the main course to arrive, not once did someone come to the table to check if we were ok, once the food arrived we waited a couple of minutes and the side orders never came. This point tried to get a waiter, all we got was will be with you in a minute !!!! FYI its is a grill/steak style restaurant that you have to order sides with your meat!
Eventually, we finished our meat, and STILL no sides had arrived - This point i am not very happy.
I asked for the bill in a direct manner, and the waitress, bless her, asked if everything was OK (BIT LATE) i of course explained.
This is the point that i really got upset. Once she brings over the bill, i looked at it and she had taken 3 Euros of the bill to say sorry! I find this insulting, a Manager should have come and just apologised - that all that was needed, 3 euros is a joke on a 80 bill and not required.
Lastly, i saw the manager on the way out and he looked an me and turned and quickly went the other way!
Anyway, Food is good! again, like in most places, SERVICE and Management lets it down!

• Visited October 2013