“I had a great night”

Ranked #47 of 134 Restaurants in Monte-Carlo
Price range: US$65 - US$194
Cuisines: French, Italian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Sass cafe owes its name to the owner, Sassa, and is a "must" of the monegasque nights. Chic and warm decor, dimmered lights, mediterranean inspired cuisine.... It all seems normal and peaceful until.... Towards dinner's end is when Sass cafe works its magic with its metamorphosis.... The musicians get comfortable, sounds and voices start to warm up and live music accompanies you into the early hours of the evening. Sass Cafe's resident DJ's eclectic mixes then take the stand to lead into the rest of night.
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I went here for my friends birthday and we had a very enjoyable night, danced and drank. I found the music to be a bit cheesy but the atmosphere was great so I didn't mind too much, but it could have been better.

Worth a visit.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Excellent venue for any show at the Grimaldi Forum and lovely place to people watch. However, you will have to dig deep to really enjoy it.

1  Thank craigm66
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Now this is an unusual dinner destination but refreshingly good food for Monaco.
Chicken and Steaks are great. Friendly and efficient waiters. Good wine list and all pretty good value.
Dont bother to go until at least 10pm. It can get VERY busy later in the week so book.
Sass Cafe is a nightclub restaurant. It gets very lively and noisy indeed and goes on till very late.
Been around in Monaco for years a favourite with the locals.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

This place is a good middle ground between a bar and a nightclub and seems to be the place to meet when you are attending a conference. Music is good and the outdoor space is nice to have a chat and just relax

Reviewed 16 September 2013

So we were on business and rewarded ourselves with a bottle of wine (€90) and shisha, as we are from the Middle East. We were presented with a bill for €120 for the shisha. Anyone from the Middle East will understand this is criminal. We were not presented with a menu or price upon ordering said shisha, neither were we warned of the extortionate price. Upon requesting the bill we were presented with a bill for €120 on top of the wine we had selected from the menu.
The owner of the restaurant, Sasa, happened to be there eating at the time. The restaurant staff warned us against speaking to him about our issue. Nevertheless, I approached him and voiced my opinion about the extortionate price and lack if warning about the cost. He responded by shouting at me in the middle of the restaurant and instructing one of his staff to usher me out. Needless to say, my credit card was debited for the full value and I was not allowed back into the restaurant even to use the bathroom before continuing. I will be lodging a complaint with the Monagesque authorities and would warn anyone else, especially those from tue Middle East from frequenting this establishment. A total embarrassment and a misrepresentation of Monagesque and French hospitality. I will not be returning, nor will I recommend to my influential or otherwise friends from the UAE it neighbouring nations.

17  Thank dmx84