“Creme de la Creme”

Hotel Metropole Monte-Carlo
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Monte-Carlo
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 November 2012

We spent a wonderful two days at this top-of-the-line European paradise.
The service was exquisite.
The room decor luxury.
The Joel Rubuchon restaurant a lifetime memory
Also it is situated right In the center of, Monaco with a selection of world-class luxury stores
and the great casino just walk away.

Room Tip: If you have the money for Junior suite, and it is very expensive, treat yourself to a royal experien...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank GordyS246
There are newer reviews for Hotel Metropole Monte-Carlo

Reviewed 2 November 2012

For a 'Special Birthday' treat we stayed at this amazing hotel. It was a total surprise! Tucked away in a quiet location, but very convenient for everything. Rooms were large and very comfortable, a huge bed and large bathroom. We only had Breakfast, which was excellent, so can't comment on the restaurants for evening meals, but hopefully if we return we will try them.

A special mention must be made of the Staff, who were delightful, everyone was so friendly, and couldn't do enough for you. Not sure of her name, but the lady concierge was so helpful, booking restaurants, and advising on places to visit and opening times. At one point she had a phone on each ear, and was dealing with us as well! So talented.

We are looking forward to returning again and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank SheilaBournemouth
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Myself and wife have loved our recent stay here. Really helpful staff, and well furnished which makes your stay comfortable.

Reasonably priced with a fantastic wine menu....our room was a delight and Stefan was extremely helpful too

Great location by casino square so very convenient perhaps to convenient in my wifes eyes as I do enjoy a flutter

Food is devive cant wait to go back

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank drdavidanderson08
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Perfectly situated behind Casino Square away from the noise and tourists, this hotel is stunning. They are currently undertaking renovations of their pool but there is no noise and no inconvenience as a result.

Beautifully appointed foyer, perfect for afternoon tea or evening drinks away from the crowds in nearby Casino Square.

The rooms are lovely, we were given an upgrade on arrival. The bed is to die for, much needed after 24hours flying from Australia and 3 hours driving from Milan.

We had dinner in the restaurant which we could not fault. Staff and service was delightful, food was lovely, however we did think a little overpriced compared to other similar restaurants we have eaten in around the world but it is Monaco I guess!

• Stayed: October 2012
4  Thank BeeLeigh
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Expensive hotel but good service and beautiful property Unfortunately the pool was undergo structure this year and had to make alternative arrangements. I've been staying there or past15 years And will do so next year as well

Room Tip: Breakfast was way too expensive
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank andrewshka1121
Reviewed 14 October 2012

This was the second time I have stayed at this wonderful hotel. However there were a few little issues which 'niggled me' Firstly, this time I booked through Amex Platinum which offered an upgrade to the next level. During my first visit in 2011 I stayed in a Superior room which is basically the cheapest available. Very nice, yes, but small with a view over the hotel courtyard. So this time, having been upgraded to the dizzy heights of a Deluxe room I expected something better. Infact the only difference was the bathroom which was bigger. The actual 'bedroom' area was only 16 sq. metres, the rest of the space taken up by the entrance hall and bathroom. That said, the room was spotless and the bed just the best ! There is no iron or board in the rooms so I had to contact housekeeping to have this done for me. I had three items pressed and was told it would cost 10 Euros each...o.k. I accepted that, only to find on the receipt that 30% was added. Why ? A small case of 'taking the ****' I think ! The last of the minuses relates to 'boy racers' The hotel has a long entrance which is a driveway as well as the way in and out for residents. Why the hell do idiots have to try and impress by using the hotel entrance as a drag strip ? I feared for my life on one particular occassion..and not an F1 driver in sight ! O.K. So now the good bits....and there are plenty : Staff are wonderful in every department of the hotel, very attentative without being overpowering and treat you with total respect.... no matter what size your wallet is. The ambiance is classy but relaxed and the interior design is stunning with wonderful floral decorations throughout the foyer/lobby areas. Finally...the food....WOW, WOW, WOW ! I had two evening meals in the bar area which is served via the Joel Roubuchon restaurant. Oh my God, I have never tasted food so good and I never thought mashed potated or 'puree pomme de terre, could taste in such a way that suitable superlatives fail me ! This is definately something, (£ssss) permitting, lovers of fine food should experience, it is just amazing ! I can understand why this hotel was voted best in the world a few years ago. I will defiantely be back, hopefully with my wife next time when I would love to take her to Roubouchon's and Yoshi ! Better start saving right now !

Room Tip: Ask to see room /s first. I was shown a junior suite in anticipation of future visits which was very...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank CookieMarskeU_K_
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Really Sophisticated ,stylish hotel with out being intimidating. Great value and excellent location in heart of Monte Carlo .
Service was impeccable .shopping centre below has anything you would need . Lovely walk up to the Palace is a must.

Room Tip: I was on the 6 th floor overlooking courtyard . Very quite and sunny