“Super luxury”

Hotel Hermitage Monte-Carlo
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Monte-Carlo
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Stayed at the Hermitage as part of a conference . Absolutely high quality luxury ... I got a room facing teh bay and it was lovely watching the samll boats and the sea gulls . It is very close to the Casino square and the staff is very polite and the room service prompt . A lovely place to spend a luxury holiday in a luxury town that is Monaco

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 June 2012

We have stayed at the Hermitage on several occasions, generally the the Historic Grand Prix week.It is very convenient for the Casino Square Grandstand (just up the road 300 mtrs) in addition to all the other attractions .
Service at this Hotel is second to none.
The rooms are well furnished and well serviced.
We have been favoured with a room upgrade on a couple of occasions as we are regular patrons of the SBM Hotel group, this time we got a ground floor room with a small garden terrace which was wonderfull for an early evening drink in the sunshine before preparing to go out.
As an SBM Hotel you get the "Gold Card" facility which enables you to use any of the SBM (includes Hotel de Paris, Monte Carlo Beach, Thermes Marins etc) facilities/restaurants and charge it all back to your room account. Very usefull, you need carry little Money !

Room Tip: It is good to get a room with a balcony or terrace .
Reviewed 27 May 2012

I was here for the Grand Prix...so everything was stupidly MORE expensive. The room cost me over $3500/night, but I'm not complaining about the price...its Monaco. But for supposedly being one of the best hotels in the world, it was definitely an overrated experience. Again, its Monaco, so I expected more from the hotel.

1  Thank Stephen L
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Nice stay, during a large business event. The hotel is beautiful, and all the meals we had there were impeccable. But a few weird things did happen. I had pre arranged a hair appointment during my stay and when I went to the salon (s) -there are two inside- I was told I had no appointment but 20 minutes later the concierge rang me and asked why I hadn't gone for the hair apt. - it turned out he had booked it at a place outside the hotel, but I was never given the salon's details.

Taxis are not readily available, depending upon what is going on around town or in Cannes, it can be a wait.

The rooms and decor were gorgeous, definitely in the traditional French style, and quite formal.

The hotel was so big that it was hard to get to the pool deck from out marina view room. Pool is a little disappointing, indoors, and small sun terrace.

1  Thank michellejonas
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Pre Booked in for a weekend, during a road trip. Planned to stay for my wife's birthday. I Pre arranged before I arrived for a happy birthday welcome, of a cake, flowers and a bottle of Prosecco, simple eh?.. The emails..before hand, said it would all be handled and even though they made sure the price was inflated, I didn't mind, afterall it would be presented perfectly, in that typical french way.. Oh no... Absolulety no effort at all!!! There were some Flowers placed in room but they weren't the bouquet I expected (50 euros) just some tiny vase, same colour as the room which was placed on the sideboard. The cake arrived after me ringing the reception. The proscecco didn't , I called twice..it also arrived warm. Then ensued the apologies... But the opportunity was missed. My wife didn't feel special.. Neither did I. It should have been So simple, but it seems cost cutting has seriously affected this hotel. Not that this ruined our stay... We still booked at Michelin star restaurant... What a mistake..utter rubbish! Never mind we went to the Casino and I walked out 3000 euro richer, Bought my wife a Prada handbag. Breakfast was also a disaster.. Ordered some poached eggs, they offer to deliver to your table.. (pseudo buffet) could they make it? .No.. After some time the Waiters wondered around guessing who ordered what.. I was luckier at the casino! .. Just collect it you'll have less wait..We also enjoyed a couple of nice days at the beach club where the service is at the usual impeccable level and very good. Except for some very loud American woman who woke me..(hangover) it would have been perfect!!..we booked sea view room with balcony..We are not the most important customers here and frankly didn't expect it. But for such a simple request, screwed up.. Is actually shocking for tip top French hotel.. And the apologies were frankly annoying after the first day. The Hermitage is such a good hotel we will probably stay there again.. But just don't expect anything special.. Go to Dubai or the Maldives for simple quality treatment .. The French don't care..and why should they!

Room Tip: Sea view is the only reason to stay here
5  Thank Park101
MktgSBM, Directeur général at Hotel Hermitage Monte-Carlo, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

Altough unacceptable, this situation was exceptional. It is not the way we use to serve our guests. The Management team had done its utmost to make sure the clients could still enjoy the rest of their stay at the Hotel.
The General Manager has also contacted the guests to express his sincere apologize with hope of welcoming them again to the Hotel Hermitage, despite their disappointment.

Reviewed 20 May 2012

I've stayed at a few high end 5 star hotels, so while I don't consider myself a regular, I've been to enough of them to know what to expect.

The hotel itself is amazing. Stunning inside and out. We happened to get a room without much of a view, but I heard from other guests that their view was pretty good. Our room was on the smaller side, but the furnishings and everything about it as very nice, and bed very comfortable. The bathroom was the best part ... i could have stayed in there if the bed fit !!

Although I called the staff snobby, they were not impolite by any means ... but seemed disingenous and looked down on us normal folks. We were not there to make friends with them, so I'll say they were polite, helpful and what you would expect from a hotel in Monaco.

While not a hotel you're going to find groupons for, if you are looking to spoil yourself with a night or two in Monaco, this is a great choice. Close to the casino and walking distance to anything (then again, thats Monaco).

Reviewed 15 May 2012

Slightly inefficient but friendly staff, excellent room with lots of space but would expect a separate shower in a hotel of this standard - only disappointment was the food in the restaurant, definitely not Michelin star standard with poor service.