“Love it - would love to stay again”

Hotel Hermitage Monte-Carlo
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Monte-Carlo
New York
“Love it - would love to stay again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

First off, this place got a good location. We walked to most of the restaurants and shops and visited the town too.

The staff are so friendly and helpful. They don't have the old money attitude that I found some other top hotels have (in the area). The hotel staff go distance to get things done for you, or to make things easier for you, I really appreciated it.

They are also kid friendly, not like it is a family vacation spot. I didn't see more than 5 kids during my stay. But the staff made the kid seemed like not a deal. I could have breakfast and a decent dinner with my 7 months old without getting attitude and being looked at. They prepared the crib with the little white bear which my son loves!

The hotel is so charming, it is so glam I took pictures to show it to my friends and they all asked where I was. All the decor and everything in the hotel is just straight up luxurious.

When I asked for restaurants recommendations, the staff looked hard and didn't gave me some BS places like other hotels or just big names like a no-brainer. They also said we really should pay a visit to the Eze village and the old monte carlo which we did, and we enjoyed it very much.

What a great place to be at, thank you EVERYONE for making our stay so wonderful, thank you.

Room Tip: We stayed at the family suite which is a bigger room. I think if I don't need a family room, I w...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Luxship

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

While there was a minor issue with my room key (it didn't open the door to my room), somebody from the staff happened to be on my floor and let me in the room while they went down for a replacement key. The staff was very professional, efficient and friendly. The breakfast room staff was EXCEPTIONAL. When I was on my way to check out, I pulled my small bag up a short staircase rather then lift it. Someone from the staff came up behind me and lifted the back of my bag. EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE!!!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank OnTourYetAgain
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

there's not a lot to say because it has either all been said and because when something is top of the line it is simply that.
Great staff, beautiful rooms, great breakfast, sheer comfort and luxury.
It will spoil you for your next hotel without a doubt.

2 Thank Pheephox
Lausanne, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

I recently stayed at Hotel Hermitage (October 2013). What a nice hotel, full of charm, the renovated rooms are elegant, very comfortable. The service is outstanding, discreet and all the team is smiling. The breakfast was still served on the terrace, and very generous (buffets). The swimming pool (salted water) and the sun deck are a treat. A must stay and less expensive than many other properties in Monte-Carlo.

Room Tip: The packages including breakfasts, amenities, access to spa and to the "beach club" is top...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank 75000
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Trust me when I say that this is a top five hotel in the world. They just do not get any nicer. The group lobby has a stunning iron rotunda which was designed and fabricated by Gustav Eiffel himself. The rooms are incredible and opulent to the hilt. My room had a terrace and directly overlook Monaco Harbour. Drinking champagne on the terrace was a most excellent way to spend the evening.
I run out of superlatives to describe this hotel. It is beyond compare, and is a true bucket list hotel.
The service was impeccable, and the staff were amazing.

Room Tip: Get one with a terrace facing the marina and Monaco. The views are to die for.
1 Thank Tarnold8200
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

What I liked most about this hotel was its architecture, especially from the outside, the staff are very professional and friendly, some of the rooms were not to my taste, they had given us one below the lobby level which I requested to be changed and thanks to the attentive staff it was changed on the spot. Rooms are classic, luxurious, cleaned and bed linen changes at least twice a day. Breakfast however was not included, furthermore, In a hotel of this standard I would have liked to have a Nespresso coffee maker to make my own coffee or tea instead of having to call room service every time I wanted to drink coffee or tea.

Otherwise we had a nice time in a nice luxurious hotel.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on the higher levels to get a decent view.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank brightstar777
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

Had a great stay here again. Very friendly and helpful staff. Stayed at a very nice room facing the marina which was quite large and had doors which opened fully to the marina. Great views. Very classically designed. Nice big bathroom too. Free fast internet access.

Great breakfast in the winter garden and the in the ballroom in the later part of my stay as the winter garden had been booked by Audi. Great selection of hot and cold dishes including Asian dumplings! This was a bit dry on the first few days. Luckily, they added some water to the dish later on so was nice. Very attentive and friendly waiters.

Made use of the heated sea water swimming pool. Very very nice. Pool is a good size for a good swim.

Great location just a short walk to the town centre and casino square.

Very comfortable and relaxing setting.

Truly a 5 star hotel.