“Excellent Hotel”

Hotel Hermitage Monte-Carlo
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Monte-Carlo
Reviewed 5 March 2010

We stayed here for a valentines treat, the hotel is lovely, the rooms good and staff very helpful, only one critism would be the lack of seperate bar, the bar is in the lobby although I think in the summer there is a rooftop bar. On the whole a really nice trip.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 December 2009

Wonderful hotel. The rooms are beautiful, clean, and spacious. Staff is very friendly. Excellent location.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2009

I love the Hermitage hotel! I was travelling with my puppy, and they couldn't do enough for me and him. He was pampered more than I was! The service was wonderful. I loved my room overlooking the port, the Palace and the Mediterranean.

• Stayed: June 2009
Reviewed 20 August 2009

This hotel is a magnificent building. The food was of a high standard and the facilities were good. The main problem is waiting staff being re-tasked by over eager supervisory staff. One morning we asked for milk 4 times only to see the waiter being told to forget what he was doing and to clear away plates or fetch more cutlery etc. We ended up getting our own milk! The next morning a waiter asked us to move to a different table. The only reason he could offer for this was that other guests might want to use that particular table! He became quite surly when we declined to move! Room service is very expensive. A colleague was charged £27 for a small burger and a few chips. At first glance, the room looked very well appointed but a closer inspection revealed that the draw cords for the curtains weren't connected and the mood lighting was faulty. I didn't use the safe in the room as the combination was ridiculously simple to work out! Sorry, but the level of service offered doesn't warrant the best part of a thousand Euros per night price tag!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 October 2008

My husband I stayed at the Hotel Hermitage for 5 nights this month. This hotel has spectacular views, very large rooms and a great location. Service was excellent.

We arrived at the Hotel Hermitage after staying two nights at the Four Seasons Resort Provence at Terre Blanche so it's interesting to compare the two because they are essentially in the same class of hotel, but very different.

An American perspective on the Hotel Hermitage: Yes, this is a beautiful, very old building, but is a bit threadbare. Just a warning that the interior needs some sprucing up and does not really reflect the prices that are being charged for the rooms. But, it is a great location and the service is very good.

The one thing about this hotel that was a big disappointment for me (and I know this sounds petty) was that they do not provide irons in the rooms. I'm not sure but perhaps management thinks that people that stay in this hotel are above ironing their own clothes or maybe management thinks it's a fire hazard to have irons in the rooms (which in this day and age of automatic turnoff irons doesn't make sense), but not having an iron in the room is RIDICULOUS. If the Four Seasons can provide irons to their customers then I'm guessing that the Hotel Hermitage can do the same. With the prices that the Hotel charges for dry cleaning and laundering, it felt a bit like a scam to not have an iron in the room to be honest. The other thing you should know before you go to this hotel. If you remove something from the minibar and do not replace it within 20 seconds you will be charged for that item. Which means that if you take a bottle of water and keep it out of the minibar to drink for more than 20 seconds you will be charged again for the same bottle of water if you try to put it back to refrigerate it. Very strange.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank MerrimackMrs
Reviewed 19 October 2008

My husband and I stayed at Hermitage for one night prior to a Silversea cruise. We arrived a few days before the Grand Prix, so the town had lots of pre-race construction. The GM greeted our family, check-in took all of 5 minutes and then we went to our room. We faced the harbor which was great. Although there was so much going on around us, the sound was never an issue. Also, we hardly saw any other guests, so we had this feeling of having a monstrous resort to ourselves. The hotel is expensive, starting I think around $800 a night, so if that is above your budget, look otherwise. It was worth it for the view alone. FYI, Monaco is steep in general.

The hotel lobby has a gorgeous stained glass ceiling. Everything about the hotel was over the top, as far as fancy decor is concerned. Hermitage is central to everything in Monaco...Go out one door and you are at the casino, another to the harbor. We actually mistook a hospital for a spa, because everything was so lovely. The food at the hotel was great. I was very jet-lagged and also on heavy motion sickness drugs, so we had 2 meals in the room. Since we used this hotel only for a night before the cruise, we didn't get to experience the spa...supposedly one of the best in Europe. The bathroom was large with a nice tub and separate shower. The room also had decent intl. tv and I think internet access. The morning we left, we did have breakfast in the ballroom, if thats what they call it. The food was served buffet style in a VERY fancy room.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone, and will stay here the next time I am in Monaco.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 22 September 2008

Friendly staff, pleasant atmosphere and great location

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family