Hotel Hermitage Monte-Carlo
Hotel Metropole Monte-Carlo(Monte-Carlo)
US$613
US$496
1,486 results
All reviewscrystal barvistamar restaurantwinter gardende parisbeautiful hotelbelle epoquebeach clubthermes marinsmacaroonsimpeccable serviceroom servicestar hotelold worldoverlooking the harbourcasino squarebeautiful roomvisiting monaco
Reviewed 14 September 2010

The Hermitage is our favorite hotel in Monaco since many years because of its very convenient location (all major attractions like casino and Hotel de Paris are within walking distance) , the direct access to the fabulous Spa and the best terrasse for an oustanding outdoor dinner overlooking the Port and old Monaco.they offer a regular shuttle service to the Beach so you really do not need a car. Most of their rooms have recently been refurbished and are very well equipped.When dining at the restaurant, try their famous souffle, I truly think they are the best in the world (and their size allow sharing)

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2010

We have just stayed for one night at the Hermitage, on our wedding night.
I have been working in the luxury hotels area for 10 years ago I have to say that the Hermitage really impressed us. From the arrival time, even if late in the evening, staff were professional, even if not particularly friendly. All around beautiful antiques or faux antiques with some modern touches that give the hotel the typical five stars atmosphere but with a modern soul.
Room was big, with beautiful views on the marina and tastefully decorated. Everything was perfect: immaculately clean, light and relaxing colours, excellent bathroom amenities, classy welcome gift from the management and fresh flowers.
Room service was expensive but excellent.
The following morning we went to the Thermes Marins Pool, that was included in the rates. What a treat!
We like to go to luxury hotels, even if for a short stay, since we could not afford a long period and especially to see what our competitors do. I have to say that in Monte Carlo they really know what luxe is and it shows!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 September 2010

Right in the centre of Monte Carlo, 3 minutes from the casino, is this elegant, classic, full-service-and-then-some, grand dame of a hotel. It's excellent at what it does. It's elegant, it's prestigious, the service is deferential, the quality of the food is excellent... if you're looking for five star as it always used to be, you'll be thrilled. And it's not falling to pieces, either, it's well maintained, and fresh.

But they could learn from some of their newer super-deluxe hotel brethren.

The checkin was efficient, but very formal. Having travelled 18 hours and arriving at 12:30 midday, I didn't appreciate that finding me a room before 3pm was a favour, not a given for this class of hotel. The formidable lady at check-in didn't know the length of the hotel swimming pool, and was clearly unimpressed when I told her I'd carry my own bags, in the interests of speed-to-horizontality.

The room wasn't that large (no fundamental problem there, I live in Asia), and beautifully decorated in an ornate faux-classical style. There was no tea/coffee facility in the room (room service was fast, but I really don't want staff bouncing in to my room as I'm falling asleep or waking up - I just want to make my own tea). There was no iPod dock, and the broad selection of music-on-demand through the entertainment system was chargeable at euro6 per album; there was however local radio over the adequate sound system. There were no bath salts for the bath (OK, picky, I know, but this is supposed to be right up there amongst the hotel elite!). The walls are thin, and I could hear the comings (I choose my word carefully) and goings (less so) in the next door room with graphic clarity.

The bath hadn't been properly cleaned, and as I sank into the hot water I realised I was disturbing a good deal of floating scum. The minibar was horrendously expensive, tho' in a hotel of this grandeur I was neither surprised nor offended.

On the plus side, I slept wonderfully, and the basic internet's perfectly fast enough for most usage, and free.

Breakfast on the terrace was excellent, if unsurprisingly and expectedly expensive. I used the affiliated beach club, a 10 minute shuttle bus away, which was very pleasant, with a spectacular array of supercars in the car park and a suspicious dearth of wrinkles and flesh on the patrons inside. But if you want to swim in the (clean, welcoming) ocean, that's your only real option - the nearest water to the hotel is too populated with boats to be swimmable.

Check out was similarly frosty but efficient.

So if you remember the grand old days, or you'd like to be reminded of them... if you've an elderly relative to treat... if you've been coming here for decades... if you've made a great deal of money but feel that a Four Seasons just isn't polite enough for you... this is your hotel. It does what it does, very well indeed.

It wasn't, however, how I'd choose to spend my money again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 August 2010

I don't ever write a review about Hotels or whatever but reading some opinions related to this Hotel in a bad way I decided to do it.

Me and my wife spent a night in this Hotel last 20th August. 2010 We actually rented a villa near Cannes but decided to spend a short week-end in Monte Carlo.

Starting from the doorman, including reception, housekeeping and concierge services, we have to say they were very polite and helpful at any moment.

We didn't spent too much money, even we could do it, so I don't believe those opinions based on the needing to spend a lot of money and book for an incredibly expensive room to be treated correctly....at least not in this Hotel.

We ordered breakfast in the room at 09:15 am and it arrived oerfectly on time, delicious and very well presented.

Gold card for Monte Carlo Beach Club was given while check-in and we could use it for 2 days. Of course Monte Carlo Beach Club is not the best Beach Club I've ever been but from 0 to 10 points, 8 is guaranteed. "Cavanne Guys" work a lot and hard to serve with celerity whatever you order for food or drinks.

Believe me, As a LHW, Starwood, Hilton and some others cardholder, i've been in many 5 stars GL Hotels around the world and the staff has been more kind with us spending roughly 700 euros including meals at MC Beach than some others Hotels in which we spent much, much more.........

Honestly my recommendation is try this Hotel even for a short stay, you will not regret at all

The only "inconvenient" I found is that I tried to book for the next GP 2011, via WEB, for a couple of nights an it seems to be fully booked.....but it is logical, taking in account how special and friendly is this Hotel....everybody wants to be here

Thanks for everything

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2010

We had an absolutely amazing stay at the Hotel Hermitage. We were greeted with a box of chocolates and a personalized welcome letter. My kids were doted on, and they loved it. The breakfast was wonderful. The beds were truly delightful and it was way too easy to sleep late in the morning. The Hotel Hermitage is a great place to stay while exploring Monaco.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family