“Well worth it! You pay for what you get!”

Hotel de Paris Monte-Carlo
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Monte-Carlo
Reviewed 9 September 2011

Stunning hotel with movie star-like guests, rooms were spacious and service amazing. Breakfast buffet on the terrace was picturesque and The Grille restaurant on the 8th floor was quite an experience. Barrier to entry is high due to hotel rates but well worth it if you want to splurge on luxury. They even had La Prairie bath products...this place truly embodies the glam and luxe of Monte Carlo!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shegotstyle
There are newer reviews for Hotel de Paris Monte-Carlo

Reviewed 8 September 2011

Stayed for 2 nights in HDP, which felt as a dream. Most awesome lobby on superb loacation: Place du Casino in Monte Carlo, the living centre of the country. Service was awesome, directly 6 people who were taking care of us and our luggage.

Room was worth the money, except the view (we had courty-yard rooms) which was not special. The only thing is when you are in Monte Carlo you don't want to sleep, so the view of the room isn't that important in my opinion. Room was very clean and luxurious, bathroom well ecquipped with amazing La Prarie products!

Overall; great hotel with amazing service and location! Worth all money

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Daan2010
Reviewed 27 August 2011

I stayed here in May 2010. It is a very nice hotel with a superb location- it doesn't get better than this. I enjoyed in particular the breakfast outside in the mornings. The staff were all very friendly and nice, and concierge was helpful in making reservations and recommendations. The only negative comments I have are that room service was very average, at times even below average and that the suite we stayed in was decorated in a very dark and gloomy way. The furniture wasn't inviting or comfortable at all. I felt this was a pity, to have this nice big room and not be able to feel comfortable or enjoy it. I guess we were in the newly renovated part. My friends were staying in another hotel, and when I saw their standard room with the big balcony overlooking the sea, I have to admit I kind of wished I had stayed there too. It was so open and lovely. However, my disliking of the suite should not take away from the fact that this is a fantastic place to stay. I do recommend.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ssn12
Reviewed 14 August 2011

The Hotel De Paris is a beautiful historic hotel that sits front and center in one of Monaco's most "touristy" spots. The only thing more majestic than the hotel its self is the line up of rare vehicles that sit outside the hotel doors in the valet line. Beware of the "circus" outside the hotel consisting of hoards and hoards of tourists groups and their flashing cameras. I've never quite seen anything like it. The best and most peaceful time to enjoy the grounds of the hotel is in the wee hours of the morning after the tour buses have stopped running. My husband and I had a beautiful view of the harbor in a nice room, traditionally furnished. If room views are important to you I would STRONGLY suggest you book a water view room ahead of time. We were initially "upgraded" to a suite but with a "garden view" but politely declined the upgrade due to how horrendous the view was. There was no garden or view to speak of at all, just roof tops and rusty balconies. We ended up with a much smaller room that had a beautiful view and were much happier. The bathroom was well equip with La Prairie products and fluffy Turkish Cotton towels. We had dinner at one of the hotel restaurants Grille 8 and it was phenomenal. We also had breakfast every morning at the hotel and although I'm usually not a fan of buffets, this one was outstanding. The only downfall of the hotel was the HORRIBLE services I experienced at the hotel spa. I own a day spa myself and admit that my standards are high. I was certain that I would be impressed with the services provided at the LA Prairie spa considering they tout themselves as the "best spa in Europe" WRONG.... The spa itself was very pretty, with a more modern, stark white decor. I was taken to the waiting area and was not offered a robe nor was I shown a changing room ( a first for me at a hotel spa) I was taken by my therapist to my treatment room, which was the size of a small closet and told to change into a disposable wrap. My first treatment was horrendous ( a facial for 220 Euro) there was NO music of any kind during the treatment,NO ambience and when I asked the technician why there was no music she explained the the "radio was broken" I was able to hear full conversations and laughing right outside the door, the technician walked outside 3 times to shush them. five minutes later I heard a drill being used and hammering! This combined with the horrible technique of the Esthetician made for the WORST facial I have ever had in my life. I was then given a paper bag to put my belongings into and taken to the massage waiting area. I proceeded to wait 25 minutes for my therapist who came walking in to the room to get me with her purse on her shoulder, obviously running late from lunch. She directed me to my room with no acknowledgment of how late she was. I will say, the massage was not as bad as the facial and there WAS at least music and SOME ambience in the room but for 180 Euro, it was NOT a good massage, it was actually pretty awful. The entire experience left me dissapointed to say the least. I contacted the hotel front desk as well as the front desk of the spa and was told someone would contact me regarding my awful experience. I again brought up the topic upon checkout and was handed the phone to speak to someone at the spa by the front desk person as if I was speaking of a facility off property. I have since left my number twice for the manager ( who seems to never be there) and have yet to hear a thing. It is a shame that a hotel with such high standards would house a spa with such low ones.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank travelala0
Reviewed 27 July 2011

A very very neat Hotel, the staff is extremely friendly,very convenient location, no car needed.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2011

We passed through from Paris on our way to Milan, and my husband picked this hotel from the Conde Naste Top 50 European Hotel that he wanted to visit. We loved the scenic location and the opportunity to visit Monaco, but felt the service was just mediocre. From the okay check-in to the frustrated housekeeper to our check-out/temporarily misplaced suitcase and our night-prior taxi for 5--request not followed through upon (i.e. none & had to wait which was stressful, then had to wait quite a while for a 2nd taxi, with a pre-booked ticket on the train to Italy to meet)...factor +20 mins. at getaway time for bungled service. (Really not appreciated when traveling with 3 kids/teens.)

As this is a lovely old building, the rooms are updated and beautifully appointed. Our rooms really were gorgeous, and I believe our suite was upgraded (2 BR/2Baths + a large livingroom). Since we did carry-on luggage for the trip, we often use the bellman on the way in, but not on the way out. The elevator coming down required many stairs (one our floor to the elevator and the beautiful marble staircase from the lobby) and in looking for a second elevator so we could return to the ground floor required some hunting (+ 10 mins. and the use of a service elevator and a very helpful/kind service/custodian man. The one closest to our room only went from floor 1 (one floor above the ground) to the upper floors. (Use the bellmen both coming/going to save frustration.)

This hotel did have the most amazing mini bar items, including a cute little stuffed rabbit maybe 8" tall that could be given as a baby gift (for 46 Euros). I can't recall all the items, but they were extensive. Also, because my husband often checks out in the lobby as I am finishing my last bit of packing, a fellow came to verify what was missing from the mini bar before my husband was able to complete his transaction downstairs...understandably, but have never been interrupted in my last minute packing before. We really felt the Monaco area had a Vegas meets Waikiki vibe.

Security, we are told is the best in Monaco, as there are camera on every street plus the ratio per capita is quite high for the police force they employ. When we entered the main lobby were we stopped about 10 feet inside the main/lobby door to explain that we were guests of the hotel. (I guess that's good news/bad news. I did not feel very welcomed, but am glad they don't let everyone circulate through the hotel.)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank KatSchulz
Reviewed 15 June 2011

Food, service - everything so good. I love the grill on the top floor- but they're all good.

Room Tip: I always request a sea view.
  • Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple