“Nothing but the Best!”

Hotel de Paris Monte-Carlo
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Monte-Carlo
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I decided to book Hotel De Paris for my parent's silver anniversary, and I have to say it is among-st the best hotels I have ever stayed at. I have been a frequent traveler and have been amazed the hospitality of this hotel. The rooms are excellent, and totally worth the 600 Euros I paid per room for City View Rooms. Totally modern and the service is out of the world. You order something on the phone, keep down the phone, and the bell rings!

The Spa is amazing. Has the best facilities that a hotel can have.The beachclub, which is a shuttle ride away is amazing.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants nothing but the best at Monaco.

Room Tip: The Sea City View Rooms are slightly old, but the city view rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 July 2012

We stayed at the Hotel de Paris for one night as we transited from Nice to Venice. We had a Junior Seaview Suite (Room 709) and found the room itself to be lovely - spacious, clean, with incredible views over the harbor and over to Monacoville (the 'old town' of Monte-Carlo).

Overall, I found the staff to be lovely. However, there were two small incidences I had with the staff that left a somewhat bad taste in my mouth, especially when I am paying so much to stay at this hotel, hence the reason I'm only giving it four stars.

First - my husband and I were waiting for our room to be available, and so we went outside to wander around for a few minutes. We came back into the hotel through the front door and stopped at Le Louis' menu display (right outside the restaurant entrance) since we were eating there that night and we wanted to see what's on the menu. We had been in the hotel maybe 30 seconds when the doorman comes up to us to 'see if he can assist us' and it was clear that he thought we were just people who had walked in to gawk and didn't belong there (admittedly, husband was in a t-shirt and shorts). I thought he had a rather snobby attitude and didn't appreciate the attitude we got there.

Second - when we were checking out we asked the bellman to call us a taxi to take us to the heliport for our airport transfer. It turns out that we had a complimentary transfer from the hotel to the heliport (a previous e-mail from their concierge had told me the transfer in Nice had been cancelled, so I assumed there was no transfer in MC, either), but the bellman said nothing to us about this. I would think that with the number of customers they have that arrive/depart by helicopter, the bell staff might be familiar with the fact the company runs a complimentary shuttle. So when the taxi shows up and we find that we have a complimentary shuttle, the bellman gets so rude with us about the taxi being there that we basically felt obligated to take the taxi and as such ended up shelling out 30 Euros for a transfer that was included in our ticket price. Perhaps this was our mistake for not realizing it earlier, but I'd also expect the staff to be well-trained enough to suggest that it's possible we have a transfer included. The same is true for the front desk staff - we had secured late check-out of our room through our travel agent, and I had asked what time we'd need to leave the hotel for our 3:30 PM helicopter transfer. The reception desk person suggested 2 PM, citing 'potential heavy traffic'. Our actual shuttle time, it turns out, was a 3:05 PM pick-up, and so I would have much rather enjoyed the hotel amenities for another hour as opposed to the heliport/airport. I kind of got the impression they didn't want to honor late check-out for a minute longer than they had to.

Overall - the hotel is beautiful, the location can't be beat, and the vast majority of the staff we encountered were very friendly and welcoming. It's just that when I'm paying as much money as I am to stay there, I expect it to be basically flawless - perhaps that's an unfair expectation - and while very good, it wasn't without a few mistakes that I don't think should be made at a hotel of this caliber. But, I would probably stay there again if I go back to Monte-Carlo, as we did have a lovely time and the facilities (beach club) and room are superb.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Kimberly530
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Once you get past the breathtaking prices, the Hotel de Paris is an absolute joy. I can't say enough good things about this property. Sure, they are French but they make a great effort to accommodate you if you only speak English. And yes, the hotel is a little dated, but that only adds to its charm. But what makes this hotel really special (other than the obvious being its location next to the Monte Carlo Casino) is its service. Our every need was attended to professionally and courteously, and the view from our room (pay extra for a sea view) was first class. We paid in advance to guarantee our room, so I can't speak to whether they overbook or not. But if you ask, they will gladly send you the form to do as we did. Be sure to ask if you can speak English before you open your mouth! Thats just the way the French do it. I can't wait to stay again.

Room Tip: Book early and make sure you know which room you are getting! The French Riviera and especially the...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Located closed to the casinos, the "Hôtel de Paris" is "The" hotel in Monte-Carlo...
It is a place where you are going back to the time of the real palaces, including the service and the atmosphere.
The restaurant "Louis XV" from Alain Ducasse is surely a "must", especially thanks to the most beautiful collection of wines in the world !
If you do not stay in the hotel, do not hesitate to come and to enjoy the atmosphere of the "Bar Américain".

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 July 2012

While traveling to Europe decided to venture to The Hotel de Paris had read about it many books the hotel is right by The Casino Royale very Bond, James Bond. Went to the bar for a glass of wine the hotel is a beautiful property but very, very,very high priced so is the wine was a once in a lifetime stop so was paying $56.00 a glass for the wine. Oh lala!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ChefCoat
Reviewed 10 July 2012

If you are going to splurge on your vacation, this is the place to do it. We hopped over here one night from Cannes to enjoy the splendor. The Hotel de Paris is located in one of the most amazing cities in the world. In front of the hotel it looks like you are at the world's biggest exotic car dealer. You name it, it's there.
Everyone at the hotel was very courteous and not snobby. They actually seemed caring about you and getting you the right room. Our AC unit didn't work, so they sent up a team to move us to a different room which happened to be a giant suite overlooking the sea. Then, they asked me if this was OK?? Duh! It couldn't have been better.
The breakfast was great as was the walking around the casino and other shops in the central area. Some 5 star hotel aren't worth the splurge, but this one definitely is!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank morgini
Reviewed 8 July 2012

What is there to say but good things of this hotel. Every time you walk in, its an amazing sight. the lights, the decor, and the flowers in the hall! ok, maybe the American bar is getting a little cliché, but it still offers exquisit service. The restaurant is wonderful, and reasonably priced. For me, when i come to Montecarlo, this is the hotel of choice.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple