“This Little Gem out shines the Big Boys”

Ristorante La Romantica
Ranked #34 of 136 Restaurants in Monte-Carlo
Cuisines: French, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 June 2013

My wife and I visited Monte Carlo on the last leg of our three week tour France. We both love fine hotels and fine dining. Only having three days and two nights there we wanted to make the most of the experience.

After reading other Reviews of the Romantica I decided we should give a try. What a great decision. This little gem with limited seating and a classy understated decor is staffed by only three people; the owner, his wife ( the Chef ) and their son Eduardo ( I think that's his name ).

The menu is written in both French and Italian, but have no fears if you can't decipher either language because both owner and son speak English. After asking questions about the menu and hearing about the specials of the day I solicited a recommendation on food and wine. I received a definitive response and went with it. My wife and were both stunned at the freshness, quality and value of what we each ordered. The ambience was charming as well. Hint ... Ask Eduardo who is the real owner of the restaurant.

The meal was so impressive that when we returned to the Metropole we cancelled our reservation at their world famous Joel Rubochan restaurant, and returned the next night to this classy quaint Italian gem.

The next night was as impressive as the first; no sophomore jinx here. We could spent more money elsewhere but we don't believe we could have been fed better or had a better time.

The meal was so impressive that I immediately cancelled

Reviewed 26 April 2013

I liked so much this restaurant that I had to go back again the same day!! And again I was delighted with the great food.And also the atmosphere was very cozy,especially with the cute dog, Pucci,that welcomes all the guests very well!Very nice.

Reviewed 1 April 2013 via mobile

One of our regular haunts in Monaco. Excellent specials, perfect pastas. In season and on weekends, do call to reserve as it's small.

Reviewed 1 April 2013 via mobile

I have extensive knowledge of La Romantica's menu, as I often choose it for business lunches or for dinners.
Suffice it to say that I have never been disappointed, and have often found some plates bold, excellent and very well presented.
It is a family owned business, and the cooking transmits the passion and the care for details that are part of the plates.
La Romantica escapes definitions, as it is theoretically not a gourmet restaurant, nor is it a trattoria. Instead you will often marvel in front of its creations that are closer to Italian gourmet cuisine than their prices suggest.
A very enjoyable place, although small and sometimes cramped as the space is scarce.
Excellent value for money.

Reviewed 7 February 2012

If food is more important to you than fancy decoration, this is the place to choose;
A family run restaurant (Mama in the kitchen and Papa, Son and Daughter serving)
offering typical italian dishes like excellent Osso Buco, Tagliata, lamb chops and
great pasta. Homemade desserts are also outstanding.

1  Thank Derobo