“very very tasty Italian”

Ristorante La Romantica
Ranked #39 of 133 Restaurants in Monte-Carlo
Cuisines: French, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Moscow, Russia
“very very tasty Italian”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Visited today, nearby Central Cathedral. Got degustation menu. Caprese was one of the best in my life, second dishes (scallops and lamb) - superb. Desserts (panacotta and tiramisu) - the best. 5 stars - recommend.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Ernestomos

Vancouver, Canada
“A special place off the beaten path.”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

This charming little restaurant only 5-10 minutes walk from the Casino and adjacent hotels is full of ambience especially when the sun is set and the only illumination is from the street lights.
We felt the best seats in the house are in the elevated area that straddles the side walk and the edge of the road. Surrounded by low window box plants providing a modicum of privacy, one still has a good view of the street and the passing people and traffic which is quite light after 8pm.
The place is run by a single family with Mama and daughter turning out the wonderful menu and Papa and son Edoardo greeting and servicing the clientele. Pucci/poochi the dog keeps a good eye on things and makes sure everyone is comfortable. It seemed that many of those eating here were locals and well recognized by the owners.
Engage Edoardo in conversation. He is exceptionally quick witted and he will enhance the meal with his one liners and answers to any questions you may have. We far preferred La Romantica to any of the major restaurants and made a point of eating there rather than at the those places catering to the visitor and tourist in the central area around the Casino. Pricing is very reasonable and the quality of the food easily matches or exceeds that of the more expensive places.
We would heartily recommend this Ristorante for a lovely, charming and fun night out.

• Visited September 2013
San Francisco, California
“Superb food, could be more courteous to tourists”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Beautiful menu selection, wonderful specials, and fresh quality ingredients.
A nice little place with indoor and outdoor seating. Very comfortable.
We had the tuna tartar special, fruiti di mare, and eggplant parmigiana. All were superbly prepared.
If you love fine Italian, you must visit.
The service started off very good. I was certain I ordered tap vs still, an €11 mistake, oh well....
The bill came with each entree up'd by €1..... Oh well.....
The owner however really slipped in the service category when he spilled my glass of wine while clearing the seafood, of which several mussel shells ended up on my lap. I understand these things happen, but a bit of concern would be appreciated. I had to specifically ask for water, and yes, he does speak very good English as demonstrated by the more important guests dining that day.
Upon return from the restroom, the shells still laid at the table along with the napkins I used to clean things up.
Dear owner, please consider all guests as special, and help us to have a wonderful experience in your lovely city.

• Visited July 2013
“This Little Gem out shines the Big Boys”
Reviewed 13 June 2013

My wife and I visited Monte Carlo on the last leg of our three week tour France. We both love fine hotels and fine dining. Only having three days and two nights there we wanted to make the most of the experience.

After reading other Reviews of the Romantica I decided we should give a try. What a great decision. This little gem with limited seating and a classy understated decor is staffed by only three people; the owner, his wife ( the Chef ) and their son Eduardo ( I think that's his name ).

The menu is written in both French and Italian, but have no fears if you can't decipher either language because both owner and son speak English. After asking questions about the menu and hearing about the specials of the day I solicited a recommendation on food and wine. I received a definitive response and went with it. My wife and were both stunned at the freshness, quality and value of what we each ordered. The ambience was charming as well. Hint ... Ask Eduardo who is the real owner of the restaurant.

The meal was so impressive that when we returned to the Metropole we cancelled our reservation at their world famous Joel Rubochan restaurant, and returned the next night to this classy quaint Italian gem.

The next night was as impressive as the first; no sophomore jinx here. We could spent more money elsewhere but we don't believe we could have been fed better or had a better time.

The meal was so impressive that I immediately cancelled

• Visited June 2013
São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
“I strongly recommend the restaurant La Romantica”
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I liked so much this restaurant that I had to go back again the same day!! And again I was delighted with the great food.And also the atmosphere was very cozy,especially with the cute dog, Pucci,that welcomes all the guests very well!Very nice.

• Visited April 2013