“Definitely not 5 star”

Le Meridien Beach Plaza
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Monte-Carlo
Reviewed 11 August 2009

Overall this hotel was disappointing after seeing such positive reviews. The salt-water pools are wonderful and the med beach even better. But unfortunately those are the only good points I found with the hotel.

Check-in took over 3 hours being promised every 20 minutes the room would be ready in another 20 minutes. The deluxe room with sea view needs updating and is low 4 star at very most. The service of the staff was horrible and turn-down service left our door open. The rooms are not good value and the price of everything else is even worse. I stayed at the Metropole earlier in the year and found it to be a lot better value with much better service. If you still want to stay here, park in the NCP lot and save 30 Euros a day.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Winebug88
lemeridien, General Manager at Le Meridien Beach Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2009

Dear Winebug88,

Thank you for having taken the time to write this review in order to share your comments regarding your stay at Le Méridien Beach Plaza.
I am sorry if the hotel didn’t give you the satisfaction you have expected. I understand through your experience that the main difficulty you encountered was a deficient quality of service.
Even if we are currently in the peak season with a high occupancy, we have to welcome our guests as well as possible, and to handle the situation should we have any delay upon chech-in. Please receive my sincere apologies for all this inconvenience.
I do hope that you will trust that these difficulties are not reflective of our normal quality of service, and that I will have the pleasure to welcome you in a near future in order to regain your confidence. If you decided to come back to Monaco, do not hesitate to contact directly our Front Office Manage in order to assist you with your reservation.

Area General Manager South of France + Monaco

Write a ReviewReviews (1,775)

Reviewed 11 August 2009

We stayed in this hotel for 3 days to finish off our 2 weeks holidays. The settings were amazing, as the hotel has a private beach (altough it's stones rather than sand, but it seems to be common in Monaco), and a great pool area, with 2 outdoor swimming pools and an indoor one. The room overlooked the beach front so the view was great.
The room itself was ok in size as we had 2 double beds, but parts of it was outdated, such as the bathroom, which looked old. The stopper was stuck in the bath, so the shower filled up the bath with dirty water. When we got there, there was hair in the sink, the toilet paper roll was nearly finished... basically, didn't see perfection, as expected by the nature of the hotel and the Le Meridien name. The restaurant was the worst part of the stay, as it seemed that some of them had no experience, so when ordered, they got the order wrong, no drinks came and they forgot to ask the sommelier to come over. They brought us the wrong food at different times, so we didn't eat together. The waiter had mistaken the order. When the food came, it was really average, there was nothing at all to fine cuisine you expect in the south of France and in an expensive hotel! Lucky, a senior waiter noticed and got the Manager to come over, appologised and didn't charge for the main course as well as desert, which was very nice.
Overall, hotel is in a great setting, but the service is not up to where it should be for that level of hotel. You feel like you are in a chain and there is no personal touch (not even forced smiles as you'd expect). A couple of people are very nice in the restaurant area, but that's about it.
Altough nice even, and got a good price from another website, I would try a different hotel next time, as I was looking for the setting but also the service to be of superior level.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank JohnFR99
lemeridien, General Manager at Le Meridien Beach Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2009

Dear JohnFR99,

I was most concerned to read the review you have taken the time to write regarding your stay with us this month. Thank you for this feedback and also for the nice pictures you have published. I am happy that you enjoyed our private beach as the swimming-pools and the Sea View from your room.
Unfortunately, your experience at the Restaurant was disappointing, and I am sincerely sorry for this inconvenience which is not reflective of our normal standards.
Be assured that our aim is for our guests to leave the hotel happy about their stay and with the willingness to come back. That’s why if your travels bring you back to Monaco, do not hesitate to contact directly our Front Office Manager in order to make your reservation or if there is any further request that we can assist you with.

Reviewed 5 August 2009

This is hotel had a great rooms with amazing views (especially from the glass towers), a large pool and excellent food. You could walk to the casino and many great restaurants. Found my stay very relaxing.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
lemeridien, General Manager at Le Meridien Beach Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2009

Dear TorontoLuc,

I am happy to read that you spent a relaxing stay with us! July is indeed a perfect month to enjoy our pool and beach facilities. I have also noted that you appreciated the quality of the food, and I will be proud to share your comments with the Food and Beverage team.
Then I would like to thank you for having taken the time to write these kind comments on this free forum of expression. We continuously strive to meet and exceed our guest’s expectations and we are delighted when this is achieved.
In closing, we do hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you again in a near future. In order to assist you with your reservation, feel free to contact directly our Front Office Manager or myself.

Reviewed 5 August 2009

In its typical Le Meridien style the hotel was very chic ... lobby was very cool and the lounge area very inviting.

The rooms in the towers were very spacious, the view as per my pics below was incredible. The jets in the shower were very therapeutic ...

The piece de resistance though was the pool and the beach. The pool was so relaxing and a great place to get some colour. Grab a chair by the beach and rest while listening to the sound of the waves. No point in being by the sea if you cannot go in it.

You have to go to the restaurant by the pool and have a salad ... great concept - pick the ingredients you would like and make your own salad ... add tuna and melon, simply delicious.

Dear HrvatKanada,

Happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us! And thank you for the kind comments and the pictures you have taken the time to share on this forum.
It is nice to read that you had good time here and that you enjoyed your room and the Sea View, the pool and beach facilities and our new outside restaurant opened 24h/24, Muse.
In closing, we are grateful for your support and do hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you again. In order to assist you with your next reservation, feel free to contact directly our Front Office Manager or myself.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 August 2009

The hotel is beautiful - the lobby is trendy and sleek looking, and from the moment you enter you know you are going to have a wonderful stay. The hotel is on the beach, although we traveled there when it was too cold to enjoy it. The rooms are modern, extremely large for Europe - with balconies and shiny new, roomy bathrooms. The concierge was super helpful and the front desk staff was great too. I would absolutely stay here again.

The location is excellent in that it is on the beach, and there are several great restaurants within walking distance. You can also walk to the casino, although it was a long walk.

TIP - if you need transportation back to Nice Airport, do not spend over $100 on a car service. Ask the concierge about the bus that picks you up right in front of the hotel and takes you there - it was about $15 USD and totally worth it. It takes about an hour but well worth the savings and runs every half hour.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
lemeridien, General Manager at Le Meridien Beach Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2009

Dear VG411973,

Thank you very much for recently staying with us while in Monte Carlo.
I was very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay at Le Méridien Beach Plaza and especially that the service we delivered was satisfying.
I have personally brought your kind comments to the attention of our Chief Concierge and to the Reception team.
If your travels bring you back to Monaco, maybe in summer to enjoy our beach facilities, we would be happy to assist you with your reservation. So feel free to contact directly our Front Office Manager for any request you may have.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 31 July 2009

It was my first time in Monte Carlo and I stayed at this hotel for four days. My room was great and had an amazing view. The restaurant by the pool is wonderful and served very fresh and healthy food (which I really like in a hotel). They also had a private beach for guests. It was a nice thing to have as the public beaches looked very crowded. I reoommend this hotel for anyone looking for great accomodation in Monte Carlo.

Dear KevToronto,

Thank you for the kind comments you have taken the time to write regarding your stay with us. I am happy to read that you enjoyed the four days you spent in July in Monaco and that you had good time on our private beach.
I also read that you experienced our new outside restaurant opened 24h/24, Muse.
It is great to receive your feedback on this point and I will share this review with the Food & Beverage team.
In closing, be assured that we would be happy to welcome you again in our property. If your travels bring you back to Monaco, do not hesitate to contact directly our Front Office Manager in order to assist you with your reservation.

Reviewed 28 July 2009

I stayed at Le Meridien while attending the 49th Monte Carlo TV Festival. I was very pleased with the rooms, pool, beach, fitness center and the restaurant/bar. The bar stays open 24 hours, so Le Meridien became the de facto after-party location!

Unfortunately, I had problems with the business center computers. They were occasionally not logging me out correctly, so I kept losing time that I paid for. The staff were hesitant to believe me, but eventually accommodated me and provided me with additional time.

My friends were also pleased with the hotel, but they complained a little about the service. They were all Starwood Platinum members, so they were expecting more from the hotel. Overall, I still think they were pleased with the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
lemeridien, General Manager at Le Meridien Beach Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2009

Dear fgaliber,

Thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns regarding you recent stay at Le Méridien Beach Plaza. I was happy to read that you enjoyed our hotel facilities, as the private beach, the fitness centre and the swimming-pools.
However, I was most concerned to learn that you had problems with the Business Centre, and I would like to offer my sincere apologies. Be assured that the issues raised have been investigated and appropriate action has been taken to prevent any guests being similarly inconvenienced in the future.
In closing, we are grateful for your support and do hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you and your friends again. In that case, feel free to contact directly our Front Office Manager in order to assist you with your reservation.