“So Monaco!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Monte-Carlo
Mexico
“So Monaco!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2009

I have to say that I find quite funny when people complain about the prices... when you are in MONTE CARLO!! Personally I love Monaco and I love this hotel. I have tried other hotels in the area but I love this one cause it's got the private beach which is a plus when u want some privacy and comfort :) The rooms are amazing, really cozy and modern at the same time. We got the corner suite with the big glass windows in the corner. so you can imagine the view!..... We've stayed here for a couple of times and love it everytime, the breakfast.. yes it costs 30 euros but again you are in monte carlo!!! and for such a great buffet like that you won't find anything better in a better location.

Loved the new outdoor restaurant, Muse if I remember right, great food great location great service! everyone is so nice and when you have all this together, in MONTE CARLO, really... who cares about the price??

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
lemeridien, General Manager at Le Meridien Beach Plaza, responded to this review, 5 October 2009
Dear itravelalot011,

I was so happy to read your nice comments! Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at Le Méridien Beach Plaza on this forum. I am grateful that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated the hotel facilities. Also, happy to hear that you spent great time at Muse, our new outside restaurant! It has been opened since the beginning of the summer and we are proud of this beautiful place overlooking the sea.
Thank you again for this review, and I sincerely do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you again at our property, in order to make your stay unforgettable.

Kind regards,

Michel Cottray

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
The Hague, The Netherlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2009

Stayed in this location for a long week end. The place is great, the beach is lovely, pools are great and although the hotel was quite full, you dont get the impression it is crowded. Breakfast outside is beautiful but with 33€ simply overpriced. A soft drink for more than 6€ and a coffee for 7€ is also borderline in my eyes. Rooms are ok, seeview is great (if you have this kind of room) but it general the superior room looks more like in a 3* hotel. Big big issue: service. The welcome was cold, unfriendly and arrogant, gives you the impression you are not welcome, that you are wasting their time. When staff is talking to eachother in front of clients how drunk other clients are, it is also border line. Service was always minimum. What is missing to make out of it a great place to stay is a soul, staff dedicated to serve the clients. At the end however a nice experience, a smiling and friendly person when I checked out, at least one.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Dear j75fr,

Thank you for sharing this review regarding your stay with us on this free forum of expression.
We have indeed a great location but I was sorry to learn how much was disappointing the staff attitude. Maybe the peak season was hard for all of us, but our aim is for our guests to leave the hotel happy about their stay and with the willingness to come back. I do hope that you will trust that this experience was not representative of our normal level of service.
Please accept my sincere apologies for this shortfall of service. I sincerely do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in a near future, in order to deliver you an unforgettable experience.

Marseille, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2009

This Hotel is modern, with a nice design and very trendy look (check the elevators!), in a very business-oriented spirit (actually I attended a convention inside the hotel). The indoor pool is huge, stunning and relaxing, the fitness room quite small... and the sauna is a joke. Otherwise, rooms are OK but overpriced, and many of the guests complainted about having no hot water in their bathroom (I guess I was a lucky one, since I could have some after letting the water running for less than 30 min) . Besides, front rooms are OK, but the back of the hotel is fairly noisy since there is a big avenue with heavy traffic. The staff is professional but very cold, very "business is business - smiling is a waste of time" (apart the crew during the (great) breakfast, older employees eager to have a chat with you). Overall, although this is definitely a nice and trendy hotel , its atmosphere is nothing comparable with the old-fashioned but warmful Fairmont Hotel, for instance. I would say it's OK for business, but choose instead the Fairmont for romance.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
Dear jo_cicco,

Happy to read that you have appreciated your stay at Le Méridien Beach Plaza! Our hotel with its modern conference center is indeed a great place for business travels.
However I have noted your comments regarding the staff attitude and I understand that this is very disappointing.
Please, receive my sincere apologies for this inconvenience which is not reflective of our normal level of service.
If your travels bring you back to Monaco, I do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you again. We will do our utmost to make your stay enjoyable.

br
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2009

- parking lot of the hotel was full and staff didn't care to help much. We had to park in a nearby public parking and walk to the hotel
- Our room was not ready when we got there. We had to wait 40 minutes for it. When we finally got there, the bathroom was not properly cleaned. We had to ask twice for it to be cleaned (took more than 2 hours).
- The service at the restaurant is slow and food is not good, yet overpriced
- Most of the staff is not friendly (it seems there must be a rule not allowing them to smile...)
- The bathroom shower has a strange and not practical design. When you take a shower you pretty much wet the whole bathroom
- Bathroom towels are old and thin
- wi fi is 8 euros per hour!
- At the beach If you want to seat in the first lane of chair (close to the sea) you have to pay 35 euros/person...

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank dulciBr
lemeridien, General Manager at Le Meridien Beach Plaza, responded to this review, 28 August 2009
Dear dulcibr,
I am sorry to read that our hotel didn’t give you the satisfaction you have expected. I understand that you encountered a disappointing quality of service, from your arrival until your check-out.
Even if we are currently in the peak season with a high occupancy, we have to do our utmost to take care of our guests and to handle the critical situations in a professional way. Please receive my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused during your stay.
I do hope that you will trust that this is not a fair reflection of our usual high standard of customer care and that I will have the pleasure to welcome you in a near future in order to regain your confidence.
Thank you for taking the time to share this review and please, do not hesitate to contact me directly for any request that I can assist you with in Monte-Carlo.

london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2009

I went to this hotel as part of an SPG free nights award so can''t really comment on price. What I can say is this a great hotel (clean and functional without being "snooty") with fabulous staff and a great manager Michael Cottray. I emailed him in advance to tell him it was my anniversary and he confirmed that he would do something nice. True enough, we recieved an upgrade to a lovely room and on Saturday night a lovely bottle of wine and hor d'ouves arrived in the room. They were also flexible about a late checkout without charge on what is the busiest time of year for the hotel. They did all of this despite me not paying a penny for accomodation. Monte Carlo is a once in a lifetime experience made all the better by amazing customer service from Michael Cottray and his team. Thanks guys!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Dear Mike72,

Thank you very much for the kind comments you have taken the time to write regarding your stay with us! I am happy to read that you enjoyed your anniversary at Le Méridien Beach Plaza and that you appreciated the room upgraded, the bottle of wine, and the late check out offered for this special event.
We continuously strive to meet and exceed our guest’s expectations and we are delighted when this is achieved, especially while it is the peak season!
Thank you for sharing your feedback on this forum and do not hesitate to contact me directly if your travels bring you back in our part of the world!

Best Regards,

UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2009

Overall this hotel was disappointing after seeing such positive reviews. The salt-water pools are wonderful and the med beach even better. But unfortunately those are the only good points I found with the hotel.

Check-in took over 3 hours being promised every 20 minutes the room would be ready in another 20 minutes. The deluxe room with sea view needs updating and is low 4 star at very most. The service of the staff was horrible and turn-down service left our door open. The rooms are not good value and the price of everything else is even worse. I stayed at the Metropole earlier in the year and found it to be a lot better value with much better service. If you still want to stay here, park in the NCP lot and save 30 Euros a day.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Winebug88
lemeridien, General Manager at Le Meridien Beach Plaza, responded to this review, 20 August 2009
Dear Winebug88,

Thank you for having taken the time to write this review in order to share your comments regarding your stay at Le Méridien Beach Plaza.
I am sorry if the hotel didn’t give you the satisfaction you have expected. I understand through your experience that the main difficulty you encountered was a deficient quality of service.
Even if we are currently in the peak season with a high occupancy, we have to welcome our guests as well as possible, and to handle the situation should we have any delay upon chech-in. Please receive my sincere apologies for all this inconvenience.
I do hope that you will trust that these difficulties are not reflective of our normal quality of service, and that I will have the pleasure to welcome you in a near future in order to regain your confidence. If you decided to come back to Monaco, do not hesitate to contact directly our Front Office Manage in order to assist you with your reservation.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2009

We stayed in this hotel for 3 days to finish off our 2 weeks holidays. The settings were amazing, as the hotel has a private beach (altough it's stones rather than sand, but it seems to be common in Monaco), and a great pool area, with 2 outdoor swimming pools and an indoor one. The room overlooked the beach front so the view was great.
The room itself was ok in size as we had 2 double beds, but parts of it was outdated, such as the bathroom, which looked old. The stopper was stuck in the bath, so the shower filled up the bath with dirty water. When we got there, there was hair in the sink, the toilet paper roll was nearly finished... basically, didn't see perfection, as expected by the nature of the hotel and the Le Meridien name. The restaurant was the worst part of the stay, as it seemed that some of them had no experience, so when ordered, they got the order wrong, no drinks came and they forgot to ask the sommelier to come over. They brought us the wrong food at different times, so we didn't eat together. The waiter had mistaken the order. When the food came, it was really average, there was nothing at all to fine cuisine you expect in the south of France and in an expensive hotel! Lucky, a senior waiter noticed and got the Manager to come over, appologised and didn't charge for the main course as well as desert, which was very nice.
Overall, hotel is in a great setting, but the service is not up to where it should be for that level of hotel. You feel like you are in a chain and there is no personal touch (not even forced smiles as you'd expect). A couple of people are very nice in the restaurant area, but that's about it.
Altough nice even, and got a good price from another website, I would try a different hotel next time, as I was looking for the setting but also the service to be of superior level.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank JohnFR99
lemeridien, General Manager at Le Meridien Beach Plaza, responded to this review, 17 August 2009
Dear JohnFR99,

I was most concerned to read the review you have taken the time to write regarding your stay with us this month. Thank you for this feedback and also for the nice pictures you have published. I am happy that you enjoyed our private beach as the swimming-pools and the Sea View from your room.
Unfortunately, your experience at the Restaurant was disappointing, and I am sincerely sorry for this inconvenience which is not reflective of our normal standards.
Be assured that our aim is for our guests to leave the hotel happy about their stay and with the willingness to come back. That’s why if your travels bring you back to Monaco, do not hesitate to contact directly our Front Office Manager in order to make your reservation or if there is any further request that we can assist you with.