“Wonderfully relaxing, everywhere you want to visit within 5 minutes walk” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Meridien Beach Plaza

Le Meridien Beach Plaza
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Monte-Carlo
Bristol
“Wonderfully relaxing, everywhere you want to visit within 5 minutes walk”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2010

Superb view of the sea as you walk through the front doors. Everywhere sparkly clean. Staff very friendly yet professional. Lovely food. Great fitness area and lovely indoor pool which we used. Outdoor pools available in the season. The position right on the sea is one of the best. Our room had a balcony with good quality outdoor furniture and we were able to sit for ages, watching all the comings and goings on the large terrace below us. One of the best breakfasts we've had. That end of Monte Carlo seems best for leisure visits, we stayed at the Marriott last year which is on the French side- very nice but a bit of a walk to the centre. From the Meridien it is flat walking along the sea front to the centre. Airport bus stops right outside the door and town buses too. There's a casino two minutes walk down the road in yet another lovely hotel. There are about four along the Princess Grace road which all looked really nice.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Le Meridien Beach Plaza during our European honeymoon last summer. The staff were exceptional, from check-in to check-out. Location of the hotel was phenomenal; close enough to walk to the city centre, but still a little oasis on its own with a private beach and sparkling blue salt water pools. Add the wonderful restaurants and you could not ask for more in a hotel!

The highlights of our stay were staff members Caroline from Reservations and one of the Bellmen (unfortunately, we did not get his name). Caroline arranged for an upgrade for us as it was our honeymoon and made sure our room was fabulous. The bellman helped us out when we realized the scooter rental company opened too late for us to return our scooter before we needed to leave to catch our flight. When my husband approached him with our dilemma, he gladly offered to return the scooter himself on our behalf. We could not believe how helpful he was, going way above and beyond to help us out.

We highly recommend this hotel in Monte Carlo and loved it so much that we are returning again this July for our 1 year anniversary. We can't wait to return!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ren711
lemeridien, General Manager at Le Meridien Beach Plaza, responded to this review, 2 April 2010
Dear Ren711,

I was very happy to read how great your honeymoon in Monte-Carlo was! Thank you from all the staff for taking the time to post your feedback on this website. I will personally share your comments with Caroline who has been hired as a Reservations Manager since your last stay, and also with the Front Office Manager.
We look forward to welcoming you this coming summer and all remain at your disposal to make your stay most enjoyable.

With my best regards,

Moreton-in-Marsh, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2010

I stayed at the hotel for two nights midweek. The hotel is located at the end of the promenade but there is a convienient bus stop right out side.

The room was clean and tidy with all the facilites you would expect and a nice bathroom. The TV did not work howver and had to be fixed while we there. We were on the 11th floor (top floor) and had a balcony with very good views over Monte Carlo. However, unfortunately the 11th floor was being renovated which I didn't mind but when they started work with power tools and hammers at 8.15am I thought this was far too early. We also had problems reaching our floor as two of the lifts did not go to the 11th floor and a further had broken down and required repair.

The lobby and bar/restaurant area looked very nice, however I did not try anything out of principle. I have travelled extensively and recognize the difference between local high prices (as is the case in Monaco) and being ripped off. The hotel fell under the latter!

A half litre of beer was €10, a Glenfiddich whisky €19 (€28 a bottle in the shops) and breakfast consisting of coffee, orange juice and a basket of crossaints was a ridiculous €27. In the local cafe 2 minutes walk down the road the same thing was €5.

The hotel in my opinion is complacent and is designed to rip off tourists who are happy to splash the cash without thinking about the value of things. I have stayed in far better hotels at a quarter of the price.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Doofler
lemeridien, General Manager at Le Meridien Beach Plaza, responded to this review, 30 March 2010
Dear Doofler,

I was sincerely sorry to learn of your concerns after your stay with us this month. We are indeed renovating our 11th floor in order to improve our suites for the coming high season and our guest satisfaction. I do apologize if you were woken up due to the noise and if the lifts didn’t work as they should. This was a temporary glitch due to our current renovations that are set to finish this week. Our aim is to make our guests happy about their stay and I am very sorry if this was not the case.

Also, I have noted that you found our food and beverage services overpriced. Be assured that our rates are not higher than those which are practiced in the others four star hotels in Monte-Carlo. For your information, our buffet breakfast is at 33€ and includes croissants, but also homemade pastries created by our pastry chef, eggs prepared in a variety of manners, pancakes, French breads, cereals, fresh fruits, and all is expected, and more at this moment of the day in a hotel of our standing.

Despite the fact you have been disappointed for the reasons explained I am however delighted that you enjoyed the comfort of the rooms as the great view overlooking the sea.

If you decide to come back to Monaco for leisure maybe this time, I would be personally very honoured to welcome you back and make ensure that your stay is agreeable.

Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2010

Le Meridien was good value for us, as Monaco proved to be an expensive stop over relative to other venues on our europe trip. However, the touches of luxury and the included breakfast made this a great 2 day break. Staff was obliging and it was always a pleasure to return to our room after a hard day exploring Monte Carlo. It was extremely cold for the 2 days we were there, so we decided to eat inhouse on our last night, and i have to say, we had a great meal....not cheap, but Chateaubriand for me and lamb for my wife, both cooked to perfection. The accompanying garnishes were what I would expect of a top quality French restaurant.. I was particularly impressed with how everything " worked " in Monaco. We had just arrived from Milan Italy, where things did not go according to plan, because in Italy...I dont think they have a plan! ( but they do design great shoes!)

Tip for the buses....get a Carnet ( 10 rides) and you can use a ticket continuously for up to 30 minutes....

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aldeb001
lemeridien, General Manager at Le Meridien Beach Plaza, responded to this review, 26 March 2010
Dear aldeb001,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Le Méridien Beach Plaza on this forum.
I was most happy to learn how much you enjoyed your stop in Monaco while you were travelling all over Europe.
Also, I sincerely appreciate your comments regarding the dinner you had at our restaurant L’intempo. Be assured that I will share your kind feedback with our Executive Chef. Should your travels bring you back to Monte-Carlo, we do hope we will have the pleasure to welcoming you back.

Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2010

Very nice and comfrotable hotel with an amazing view of the beach, very warm staff, good restaurant. Rooms are good, well equipped but if you are sensitive to noise ask for rooms facing the beach, I stayed at one facing the avenue and it was noisy day and night.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
LeMeridienBeachPlaza, General Manager at Le Meridien Beach Plaza, responded to this review, 14 April 2010
Dear I_tell_you,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I was happy to read that you enjoyed the hotel facilities as well as the comfort of your room. The rooms facing the sea are indeed amazing - especially our renovated suites - and if your travels bring you back to Monaco, I sincerely do hope that you will have the pleasure to enjoy one of them.

With my best regards,

India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2010

The hotel has a unique location. The sea facing rooms offer an excellent and unparalled view. It is especially amazing during sunrise and sunset. The sit outs area on the ground floor offers a good view of the sea.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
lemeridien, General Manager at Le Meridien Beach Plaza, responded to this review, 22 February 2010
Dear ozone10,

I was sincerely happy to read the nice comments you have taken the time to post on this website.
January was quite cold this year on the French Riviera but I am happy that you had a great time with us, especially in one of our sea view room. The location overlooking the sea is indeed amazing!
Be assured that I will share your review with the head of departments concerned and that we remain at your disposal to welcome you next time, may your travels bring you back to Monaco.

philadelphia, pa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2010

My fiance and I stayed here in June. The hotel itself is nice, especially the small private beach area, but we found the staff to be a bit pretentious and cost of food/room service exorbitant ($40 for a burger). Yes, Monaco in general is pricey, but at least you get what you pay for outside of the hotel. They hold private parties on their private beach, so we were asked to leave the one afternoon we decided to take advantage of it. The walk to the center of town is approximately 30 minutes and quite pretty, but I would probably stay somewhere higher up on the hill next time.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear phillyfoodie23,

Firstly I sincerely appreciate the time you have taken to post these comments following your stay with us in June 2009.
I was happy to read that you enjoyed the hotel and the private beach. However I am sorry if you found the staff attitude disappointing and if you were asked to leave the beach earlier as private parties are occasional.
Also, please note that you can join the centre of Monte-Carlo by walk but also by bus or thanks to the hotel shuttle.
If you decide to come back to Monaco, we will be more than pleased to welcome you again and to make your stay most enjoyable.