“Exceptional Hotel”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Monte-Carlo
South Yarra
“Exceptional Hotel”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This is the BEST hotel I have found worldwide for efficiency of service and guest recognition. It is a large hotel but feels small and intimate thanks to the caring attention of the staff. The location is perfect to access the attractions of Casino Square and nearby shops from its top floor entrance to the sea, beachside restaurants from the lobby entrance to Av Princesse Grace.
Our room was extremely comfortable, well appointed and maintained with a huge private terrace overlooking the sea. Room Service and Housekeeping staff can't do enough for you and the bar and restaurant staff that we encountered were professional and knowledgeable. I have stayed here several times in summer and winter and find that it consistently delivers a great experience.

1 Thank Rowina T
FMC98, Directeur général at Fairmont Monte Carlo, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for sharing your valuable experience on Trip Advisor.
We are delighted to receive such positive comments. I have shared your experience with my team and we are all very proud to have exceeded your expectations. We consider your comments to be our greatest reward.
Thank you for your highest recomendation and for your loyalty to the Fairmont Monte Carlo. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (543)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Poznan, Poland
Reviewed 19 July 2014

One of the best location in Monte Carlo.. Next to the center, closed to the beach and fantastic view on formula F1 road. Top-roof pool is the first class. Polite and friendly service. Provied food at high quality.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Zbigniew P
FMC98, Directeur général at Fairmont Monte Carlo, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for sharing your valuable experience on Trip Advisor. It is a true pleasure to be called one of the best locations in Monte Carlo. We are proud that you enjoyed the famous Formula 1 Fairmont hairpin turn and the beautiful roof-top pool.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Fairmont Monte Carlo in the not too distant future.

London
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Very good hotel conveniently located next to the Monte Carlo casino and central square. Views over the bay were spectacular with large private baloneys outside the rooms to relax on. Staff very attentive and happy to help wherever they can. Would come back on a future visit.

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for sharing your valuable experience on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, notable the large room balcony and beautiful views. We are continuously improving our standards in order to create a memorable experience for our guests.
Thank you for your time and consideration, and I sincerely hope to be welcome you back to the Fairmont Monte Carlo soon.

Chicago
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Prime location, unbelieveable service, beautiful pool and spa, incredible breakfast buffet...add to these features a staff which bends over backwards to anticipate your every need and desire; that is the Fairmont Monte Carlo. This last stay marks our 10th visit to this hotel and we hope to make many more!

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for sharing your valuable experience on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, notably the beautiful pool and spa, along with the breakfast buffet. I have shared your experience with my team and we are all very proud to have exceeded your expectations. We consider your comments to be our greatest reward.
Thank you for your loyalty to the Fairmont Monte Carlo, we look forward to welcoming you back for your 11th stay soon.

Cremorne
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I stayed at the Fairmont for my honeymoon. Everything was attended to- the service was far and above the best I have ever experienced. The facilities were great- the rooftop pool was bliss, the prices weren't outrageous, so you could have cocktails by the pool, and the location is perfectly situated between the beaches and the harbour attractions, so everyhting is walking distance! The rooms were lovely and well fitted out. We didnt have a sea view, but the garden view was just as nice I thought! I can't reccomend this hotel highly enough!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to have been a part of your honeymoon and we are delighted to see that you had a memorable stay at our hotel. Your compliments are our greatest reward and we hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the Fairmont Monte Carlo soon.
Wishing you and yours a lifetime of happiness.

Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We booked a stay at the fairmont Monte Carlo for 3 weeks.
Overall our stay was good, but there are a few remarks I would like to make.
Room service and the food in general is not good at all, definitely not what you would expect from a fairmont hotel. Once we ordered a pizza in the room for €24, which is enough in my opinion, but the dough was still raw and other parts were burned. Also the Nobu restaurant doesn't deserve to carry that name with a very good reputation.
There's a lack of professionalism at the conciergerie. I called them to make a reservation at Maya Bay and Colette, the concierge, told me she would get back to me in a few minutes with the confirmation. After 15 minutes I called back because I didn't have any news from her. She told me that the line was occupied all the time and that she couldn't reach the restaurant. So I called the restaurant myself and got my reservation within 2 minutes. The staff shouldn't lie to their guests, just tell them you forgot or you had other priorities.
Tiziana of the business center is very unfriendly and it looks like she doesn't like her job at all.
Christophe, the waiter at horizon was very rude and we have the impression he doesn't like his job.
At the pool, there is a guard who's always flirting with one lady in particular. He doesn't do his job anymore, all he does is talking, talking, talking to that lady. Normally the boys and men have the task to move and open the umbrellas for the guests, but this guy doesn't do that, he watches how the small and fragile girls of the staff hurt their back by trying to move the heavy umbrellas.
Amanda from the pool thinks she owns the place and is very arrogant, she doesn't make the guests feel at ease.
But the blonde girl with long her is a wonderful girl, very nice and helpful.
Fabio, the voiturier is also extremely friendly and professional.
Pasquale, the waiter at horizon is as well very polite and helpful.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Thestephson
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.
I have taken notice of your comments concerning our staff and I can assure you that we strive to deliver a high quality of service to all of our guests. I would like to invite you to contact me directly, at your convenience, at Louis.starck@fairmont.com, so we can speak in further detail about your experience. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back to the Fairmont Monte Carlo in the future.

isle of man
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This is a lovely hotel in a great location, we arrived on the 110 direct bus from nice airport which stops right outside. The hotel is great and 99% of the staff are fantastic however there are couple issues which I would raise
1 corkage charge for anything purchased outside the hotel and consumed in your room! so if you have been out for the day and purchased a drink get rid of it before you return to your room or you will incur a corkage charge!
2 The waiting staff around the pool were v poor compared to the rest of the staff if you were a pretty girl with your top off! great, anybody else you had to wait a long time to be served if at all there was female blonde waitress who didn"t serve or do anything at all the 4 days we were there

1 Thank smeagle