We ended a 10 day Seabourn cruise in Monte Carlo and decided to extend our trip by staying here at the Fairmont for 3 days.
The property is lovely and the location perfect.
Unfortunately, we had multiple experiences of poor service that tarnished the overall experience.
Upon arrival, we couldn't find any porter (though there were many running around) to help bring our luggage into the hotel. So, I went to the front desk to check in and asked the gentlemen there to help us find a porter. He was extremely apologetic and gracious and helped us immediately find a porter, but this isn't what you expect at a 5 star property.
We went to have lunch at Horizon and waited for roughly 15 minutes after being seated at the table for someone to come over with menus and ask us if we wanted something to drink. The food and service after that were fine, but it was a poor first impression.
At the pool, a young lady greeted us and told us to find some lounges and that she would come over to bring towels. She never returned. In fact, we saw her do something similar to 2 other couples. In one case an older lady asked for help with an umbrella and was told 'I'll be right back" but she never did return. Another couple order something to drink and never got their order.
I hate to bring this up, especially as we did receive lovely service from other people (notably from from room service, the concierge and at Nobu), but it's just not acceptable when you're paying these prices to have such uneven service.
The room was lovely, spacious and offered a terrific view.
The pool area is terrific with plenty of comfortable sun beds.
If I were to return to Monte Carlo, I doubt I'd stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Monte Carlo hotel is a unique four-star luxury convention resort located in the heart of the Principality of Monaco in between the Mediterranean Sea and the legendary Casino. It offers an unique view of the blue horizon, the famous Casino of Monte-Carlo and one of the best views on the Formula 1 circuit, the famous Fairmont hairpin.Spacious, comfortable with private terraces, its 602 rooms and suites decline perfectly the Riviera style.Fine dining at Nobu Fairmont Monte Carlo,amazing cuisine, mixing traditional Japanese dishes and South American spices and aromas; delicious and local Mediterranean cuisine at the Horizon-Deck, Restaurant & Champagne Bar, with breathtaking sea views; and non-stop service in a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere in front of the Mediterranean Sea at the Saphir 24, lounge & bar, open 24h/7d.Not to be missed, the award-winning 900 sqm Willow Stream Spa bathed by natural light, its ultra-modern Fitness Centre and its all year round heated pool between sea and sky. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Fairmont Monte Carlo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Monte Carlo Hotel Monte-Carlo
- Fairmont Hotel Monte Carlo
- Fairmont Resort Monte Carlo
- Monte-Carlo Fairmont
- Fairmont Hotel Monaco