4,026 results
All reviews nikki beach rooftop pool nobu restaurant horizon restaurant hair pin grand prix sea view buddha bar top floor mediterranean sea large hotel bit dated cruise ship amazing location casino square per day cafe de paris
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Total letdown for the experience and for the money paid. Don't expect to get any sleep Grand Prix week in your rooms either as the music went all night till till around 5am, nothing was said on the booking page and when we got complimentary ear buds on arrival left a puzzled until night time when we found out why. Room are old , bathrooms have shower curtains and a bathtub dont bother getting the garden view to save money you will see nothing. Save your money

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with fairmont.com
1  Thank dpapon488858
FMC98, General Manager at Fairmont Monte Carlo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

The atmosphere of the Grand Prix of Formula 1 is very special and we do put all our efforts to ensure the right balance between your wellness within the hotel and the rythm set by the Grand Prix. We also thank you for your feedback regarding our rooms, and this has been taken into account when and if we will proceed with a refurbishment. I sincerely hope to welcome you back either for the Grand Prix or outside that event, and I would therefore like to invite you to contact me directly, at your convenience, at alexandre.ariel@fairmont.com, so we can speak in further detail about your experience.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Beautiful sceneries. Hotel is fabulous with all the amenities. Nikki Beach was fun. The view from the Sapphire 24 Bar balcony is spectacular. Took a boat cruise to Villefranche and it was absolutely breathtaking. Worth every penny. Had lunch at cafe le Germaine. Delicious. Love this area. The in and out bus is worth it. There is absolutely no litter anywheres or people hanging on the street sides. So clean. Unbelievable. The Monte Carlo casino is gorgeous doesn’t feel like you are in a casino like back home. Small beautiful quaint country but Very expensive!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you for having chosen the Fairmont Monte Carlo.

It is a great pleasure to learn that you spent a wonderful time at the Fairmont Monte Carlo. We seriously take the customers’ comments into account and I will convey yours to our teams. We are delighted to see that you enjoyed the property and the facilities that the hotel has to offer.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Very expensive hotel , nothing special - rooms could use a make over - felt like in an old Louis de Funes movie.

Never got my welcome gift neither farewell gift. Thanks for the note - but somewhere in the process it got “lost”.

Good note - great location and everything is around the corner. Pizza in the bar is expensive but nice - also great piano player.

On the roof top is Nikkie Beach - lovely rooftop bar. Only service is terrible (need to wait hours to get your drink - bill everytime wrong - service in Mc Donalds 15x better , and I don’t like Mc Donalds)

Breakfast was nothing special neither.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

I have taken notice of your comments concerning the work of the different departments and I can assure you that we strive to deliver a high quality of service to all of our guests. We also recognise that there may be shortfall and I thank you for bringing this to my attention as it allows us to share your feedback with our team in order to prevent this from reoccurring in the future. I would like to invite you to contact me directly, at your convenience, at alexandre.ariel@fairmont.com, so we can speak in further detail about your experience.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Our 4th stay at this hotel this time was for our 30th wedding anniversary and stay was the best. Arrived to be upgraded to a sea view room which was outstanding. Can’t fault the staff or the service. 10 out of 10.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rrtownsley

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you for having chosen the Fairmont Monte Carlo for your wedding anniversary.

We are delighted to receive such positive comments. I have shared your experience with my team and we are all very proud to have exceeded your expectations. We consider your comments to be our greatest reward & look forward welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Arrived after a long flight with delays.....had requested a non smoking room. Was told it was a non- smoking hotel. Given a room on 3rd floor. Elevator opens and the smell of smoke is strong. Arrive at room with ashtray visible .... Rugs unacceptably stained. Question Bellhop about smoking and he tells me I have been assigned to the only smoking floor in hotel. Asked to be moved. Told I am moving to 5 th floor. Bellhop asks us to meet him on 1st floor. 1st floor is below lobby. I tell him I should be on 5th floor and he says no these are your keys. Opens room and it's much nicer than upstairs and you are at sea level. Thinking I'm okay. At 5:45 every morning they move tables above your head. Thinking I am under the restaurant because you hear the click of woman's heels on hardwood floor . Two separate days now there is loud drilling coming from
below the hotel due to an ocean project. The room literally vibrates. Yes I can ask to change rooms but who feels like moving constantly.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank marshallspicebush

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor.

Please kindly accept our apologies for the poor experience you had whilst staying at Fairmont Monte Carlo. I understand you have been disturbed by noise and the smell of cigarette, this is certainly not what one expects.

Regarding the exciting project that unfolds close to the hotel, please kindly note that in 2017, the Government of the Principality of Monaco launched the project of the Portier land extension on the sea. This project will allow the construction of 65,000 m sq. platform that will extend from the Larvotto / Grimaldi Forum beaches to the Portier roundabout, just next to the Fairmont Monte Carlo.
Declared to be of national interest, it planned for several workshops for the protection of the environment which ended by the end of 2017. The main work to be developed has now started on the left of our hotel, when we look at the sea, avoiding immediate proximity to the Fairmont Monte Carlo.

While I appreciate you have been disappointed, I would appreciate to be in contact with you at your convenience, trusting that we will yet give us another chance to redeem ourselves in your eyes and welcome you back again to the Fairmont Monte Carlo. I would therefore like to invite you to contact me directly, at your convenience, at alexandre.ariel@fairmont.com, so we can speak in further detail about your experience.