When we arrived here we were extremely frazzled from the drive from Tuscany, and mostly from the traffic in Monaco a few weeks before the Grand Prix. Our GPS did not work very well because a lot of the roads there are underground and cross under other roads and some roads were blocked off! So when we got there and there was a very kind concierge ready to open my car door, take my luggage and park our car, we felt instantly less stressed!
Our room was decent, with a view of the sea and the pool, and the wifi is good. We knew it wasn't in the centre of town, so we were happy to take the walk to the casino and the 'James Bond' area of Monaco. The senior concierge was very knowledgeable of the places to visit and very helpful. I have to say though, that the name of this hotel should not include 'Monte Carlo' as it is not in Monte Carlo! Monte Carlo is a part of Monaco, the fanciest part with the casino and Hotel de Paris and all that, and it's not near there at all. It is at least a 20 minute walk from the hotel, or you can take one of the busses which are excellent and only 1 euro per person.
I agree with other reviewers that this hotel is a little bit worn, but considering the prices in Monaco its room rate is more than reasonable! We found it a comfortable stay for a night in Monaco.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Rosegarden dedicated to Princess Grace, close to the heliport with easy access to the Old town and the Casino square the Columbus offers 181 rooms including 53 Classic and 100 Deluxes with balcony or terrace - 14 Juniors Suites & 13 Suites Seaview - 1 Top Floor Apartment - Soundproofed and individually controlled air conditioning - Flat Screen TV- international channels - Free High speed Wifi access both in rooms and public areas. Conciergerie - free shuttle bus within Monaco. Secured car park with optional valet parking. Parking spaces with charging stations for electric vehicles. Parking rates per car per night: October to April €25 ; May to September €35. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Columbus Monte-Carlo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Columbus Monte-Carlo Hotel Monte-Carlo
- Hotel Columbus Monaco
- Columbus Monaco Fontvieille