Columbus Monte-Carlo
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Le Versailles(La Condamine)
  • Beachfront
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Cosmopolite(La Condamine)
Excellent 5/5
    Hotel de France(La Condamine)
    Good 3.5/5
    Very Good 4/5
    Hotel De Paris(Monte-Carlo)
    Very Good 4/5
    1,385 results
    All reviewsrose gardenprincess graceheli padquiet areathree starsea viewnice airportdeluxe roomconcierge staffshuttle serviceshort breakhelicopter transferbars and restaurantsfree shuttlebus stopcasino squaremini bar
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 25 May 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Columbus for Easter weekend. We decided to treat ourselves to the helicopter transfer and what a 7 minutes! I would definitely travel like this all the time if my pockets would allow. All I can say is yes, it’s an unnecessary waste of money but boy it was fun! The hotel was literally round the corner from the helicopter pad but the price includes a chauffeur transfer to your hotel anyway. We had a swift check in at the Columbus. The room was very spacious with an additional sofa, small table and two chairs, flat screen TV etc. Bathroom was OK but very disappointed to find the sink had a massive crack in it! Not what you expect at all in this sort of hotel class. The hotel bar was very atmospheric and the cocktails were lovely, if somewhat pricey! Didn’t eat dinner at the hotel but breakfast was good and as expected. All in all, the hotel is very good value for money but it is looking a little worn around the edges, especially in the corridor and lift areas. Best part of the hotel is the concierge, Patrick Trebbiani O’Curti. We were travelling on to Nice for a few days and he gave is some excellent recommendations. We went to both ( La Reserve de Nice and Les Brasseries Georges) and both served fantastic food that I know we wouldn’t have found on our own. Thank you Patrick!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
    Clementine58, Public Relations Manager at Columbus Monte-Carlo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Dear Guest, you certainly made the most of your stay in Monaco and we are delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit to COlumbus and were satisfied with our level of services, especially at the conciergerie and the recommendations from Patrick. Your report will be very important to us and to our future visitors and we thank you for taking the time to forward it to Tripadvisor. with kind regards. C.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

My husband and I started our honeymoon in April with two nights at the columbus hotel and I have to say that it was the highlight of our honeymoon! We had an upgrade to a suite which gave us a fab walk in wardrobe, two balconies, king bed, lounge and and luxurious bathroom.

The staff could not have been more helpful and I can't believe the previous reviews. The hotel location was brilliant for wandering out into montecarlo for dinner and taking this amazing place in.

We flew in to Monaco from Nice by helicopter which was fantastic and we would recommend this to anyone having a special trip, although the train back to Nice was lovely.

After this hotel, we stayed at a 5* hotel in Nice which we was not as good as the columbus and this is only 3*. All I would say is don't believe the * ratings and book this hotel!

Thank you to all at the columbus!

1  Thank nics33

Dear Honeymooners, it's a very kind and informative report you sent to Tripadvisor and we are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, especially as it was the start of such an important journey ! All the best to you and we do hope to see you back at some point for one of your future anniversary. Kind regards. C.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

The Columbus hosted 48 of us for one night after completing a trans-France rally. 11 cars drove from Gatwick to Monaco while I used public transport - all for charity.

The staff are excellent & the food for our Rally Dinner was outstanding.

Patrick the concierge is to be especially commended for his help (that still continues 10 days later) in resolving a puncture.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest, very kind of you to send your appreciative report and comments on Patrick & the
    conciergerie. We thank you and send our warmest regards to you and your rallye group. C.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

I have been coming to the Columbus for over 10 years. I love the decor, the frendliness of the staff and it's location away from the mail harbour. It still has all of these charms and some elements, especially the restaurant, have got better with age. Some elements though have sadly faded a little. Some of the paintwork looks grubby and the wear and tear are visible for all to see. During my most recent stay, there was a large chip on the toilet system and I couldn't help feeling a little sad and certain that in years gone by, this would not have been left. The toileteries didn't seem up to the previously high standard either. Neither are deal breakers that would prevent me from staying here again but all of which made me feel that the luxury hotel I had stayed at before was in need of some TLC.
    Some elements have improved though - as I mentioned the restaurant, which was always good seemed even better, even though the tables were rather chipped and looking a bit shabby. And the shuttle service provided by the hotel is excellent and takes away any negatives that guests might have felt for being a little off the main drag although we only used it once as Monaco is such a lovely place to walk in.
    I know some travellers will feel anoyed that the standard of the hotel seems to have dropped a little but I just felt sad - it was like seeing your favourite old aunt looking a bit less polished and well groomed - you'd still love visiting but age would tell. It seems the hotel is in need of a cash injection although I must say, the rates are lower than many of the other hotels in principality so at least I didn't feel ripped off. Let's hope by the next time I visit, the sheen of luxury will be back too or least it's current standard will be maintained and I won't feel any more sad.

Room Tip: The classic rooms are tiny and it's worth paying a little more if you are travelling as a couple.
    1  Thank Samantha E

Dear Regular guest, Many thanks for your kind and detailed report, we are very thankful for your nice and nostalgic comments. We do hope that on your next visit you will see the difference ! Kind regards. C.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

We found the hotel an ideal pit stop for our Gatwick to Monaco rally and the team dinner for 48 was excellent. Rooms were spacious and nice views. Only drawback is location isn't in main town and is a taxi ride away.

• Stayed: May 2013
    Clementine58, Public Relations Manager at Columbus Monte-Carlo, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Dear Rally guest, many thanks for your kind comments - we hope the driving went well and we are pleased to hear you were able to enjoy a nice stop on your way down. kind regards. C