Although we only had one night here prior to our departure on a Regent Med Cruise, it was an excellent place to stay at during our brief visit to Monte Carlo. We found this hotel to be charming, and especially enjoyed the lobby bar. Very nouveau and upscale with excellent conversation areas, and a wonderful bartender/wait staff. Then we moved on to dinner in the hotel restaurant and really enjoyed dining in the outdoor patio area. Our group numbered eight and we had only a minor wait while the staff cleared several smaller tables and combined them to accommodate our group size- all done quite willingly on their part which says a lot about their desire to service their guests. After dinner, we all took a lovely walk to the nearby shopping area, and in the morning we were also able to enjoy another great walk in the opposite direction with better views of the ocean and harbor. Overall, even though the hotel is not in the center of the action it is still a beautiful location and was an easy taxi transport for us arriving at the train station [coming in from Paris]. Regent Cruise picked us up the next morning [after a plentiful and wonderful breakfast buffet] and delivered us to the short ride to port, so again this was very convenient. As far as the rooms and overall appearance of the Columbus, in our opinion it was exactly what we had hoped for - modern rooms with all the amenities, luxurious bedding, sufficient size and wonderful view from our room - and, as far as the rest of the hotel, it was excellent. Very clean and with an updated, trendy feel. The real benefit was the excellent level of service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Rosegarden dedicated to Princess Grace, close to the heliport with easy access to the Old town and the Casino square the Columbus offers 181 rooms including 53 Classic and 100 Deluxes with balcony or terrace - 14 Juniors Suites & 13 Suites Seaview - 1 Top Floor Apartment - Soundproofed and individually controlled air conditioning - Flat Screen TV- international channels Free High speed Wifi access both in rooms and public areas. Parking spaces under the hotel with valet service. Conciergerie - Beauty salon and free shuttle bus within Monaco. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Columbus Monte-Carlo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Columbus Monte-Carlo Hotel Monte-Carlo
- Hotel Columbus Monaco
- Columbus Monaco Fontvieille