Stayed 4 nights for holiday. I had already booked, before I realised the hotel was not actually in Monte Carlo but a quieter more residential area near the smaller harbour of Fontvielle. But don't let that put you off! Around that harbour there are a number of restaurants, overlooked by the palace. Once I found my bearings it's only a 10-15 minute walk to the palace and about another 10 minutes to Monte Carlo harbour. (Head to the shopping centre up a few sets of escalators). There is a free shuttle but a bit hit and miss when it actually leaves. However the bus is only 2 euros and just over the road. In the other direction 10 mins walk away, just passed the stadium, is a lovely beach where you can rent a lounger for €15 euros a day. This was much better than larvotto beach.
Staff were excellent particularly reception who sorted a problem I had with my booking (not their fault). My room overlooked the other residential blocks rather than the sea or rose garden I guess it must be more money for those views. Breakfast was good although don't leave food unattended on the terrace as the birds will soon be having a nibble! I didn't venture to the pool as looked like shared amongst all the residential blocks. On my last day I did notice a sign in the lift to say it was closed anyway. There isn't a bar or restaurant which is a shame. Overall I really enjoyed my stay here and would recommend if you want a quieter area to stay in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Rosegarden dedicated to Princess Grace, close to the heliport with easy access to the Old town and the Casino square the Columbus offers 181 rooms including 53 Classic and 100 Deluxes with balcony or terrace - 14 Juniors Suites & 13 Suites Seaview - 1 Top Floor Apartment - Soundproofed and individually controlled air conditioning - Flat Screen TV- international channels Free High speed Wifi access both in rooms and public areas. Parking spaces under the hotel with valet service. Conciergerie - Beauty salon and free shuttle bus within Monaco. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and TravelUp so you can book your Columbus Monte-Carlo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Columbus Monte-Carlo Hotel Monte-Carlo
- Hotel Columbus Monaco
- Columbus Monaco Fontvieille