“The perfect jazz bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Bar Americain

Le Bar Americain
Ranked #1 of 5 Nightlife in Monte-Carlo
More attraction details
Owner description: Old leather, rare woods, soft lighting, the Bar Americain is a heaven of magical moments and great vintages.
Thessaloniki, Greece
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“The perfect jazz bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

It is really unique bar mainly for its jazz performers. Excellent music and the variaty of the selected songs. Very nice atmosphere and really polite staff. One of my best nights in Monte Carlo with my wife..

Visited August 2013
1 Thank CAMEX

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Orchard Park, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Can be a higher atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

I came here for a drink during my long weekend away from Paris. I had heard a lot about Hotel de Paris, especially given the Alain Ducasse fame and figured I'd start the evening with a drink at Le Bar American. Upon arrival I was promptly seated near the bar area and was given long cocktail and wine lists. The furnishings and the room itself were very nice, just what one would expect from a place like this: fine woodwork, a dress code, etc. However, I found the staff to be quite lacking, being very slow to take orders, too personal, and placing a greater emphasis on having a good time themselves in the bar area rather than providing a first-rate service to its clients. Particularly, I found it very disturbing that the bottles in the bar kept exploding and the staff was happily laughing as they leisurely wiped the mess away. The jazz band was a nice touch, though, but overall the bar did not have an exclusive, refined atmosphere one would expect. The drink was so so, the food was nothing special, and overall I felt the place could be better managed.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Celfie379
Calgary, Canada
214 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 179 helpful votes
“Two thumbs up”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Hotel de Paris, and visited Le Bar American twice, once on Monday evening when there is no live jazz being played. Reserved a table for the following day. Classy bar all the way. Service was good, if you tip well, you will be received well, after all your in the number one hotel in Monte Carlo. Prices for wine, port, or cocktails way over priced but that is to be expected. Live jazz was great and enjoyable. It states that men should wear a jacket but that rule is loosely applied. Elegant place to sit and have a drink before you carry on to your next reservation! This is not the place to sit and order drinks all night. It's to enjoy the mood of the hotel. We loved it.

Visited October 2013
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Rude staff!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

After a lovely day taking in the sights and sounds of Monte Carlo my family and I wanted nothing more than a sit down with a nice cold drink after which we went to use the rest rooms. A rude toilet attendant kept telling us we were not guests at the hotel and shouldn't be there using the toilet facilities. We had dressed up for the occasion and were quite insulted having spent £70 euros on 5 orange juices and an evian water. Do all the staff here treat tourists this way??? In the bar we were about to order another round before our glasses and coasters were whipped out from under us!!!

Visited September 2013
San Francisco Bay Area
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Magnifique!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

Le Bar Americain is such a little gem!! It's located inside the beautiful Hotel de Paris and it's a fantastic place to have drinks!!

The drinks, ambiance and service are all outstanding!! Just thinking about sipping fancy champagne at Le Bar Americain makes me want to hurry right back to Monte Carlo!! I can't wait to go back!!

Highly Recommended!!