“Wonderful bar with outstanding service!”
Review of Le Bar Americain

Le Bar Americain
Ranked #1 of 5 Nightlife in Monte-Carlo
More attraction details
Owner description: Old leather, rare woods, soft lighting, the Bar Americain is a heaven of magical moments and great vintages.
Reviewed 8 March 2014

This bar, located in the Hotel de Paris, saved me from a miserable experience in Monte-Carlo. I made the mistake of having a very mediocre lunch at Cafe de Paris, and was kicking myself at wasting time and money in Monte Carlo. I decided to pop into Hotel de Paris, and was delighted at my experience at Le Bar Americain. The seating was comfortable, the ambiance pleasant (loved the vintage Sinatra music and old photos), and the staff was outstanding. When asked for a recommendation for a rose by the glass, my waiter decided to bring each of the two choices with two glasses and poured me a sample of each so that I could make the decision. While expensive (12 & 18 euros per glass) this was a good value, given the lovely setting and excellent service. It also was a good value as my drink was accompanied by a glass of homemade potato chips and another of salted, roasted almonds. I would love to return in the evening when it appears they have a live band. And need I add, spotlessly clean restrooms, as you would expect at a luxery hotel.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

How many times do you get to sip a martini looking out over the Aston Martins and Ferraris parked outside the most photogenic casino in movie history? Or you can look out at the ocean, twinkling in the moonlight and feel like James Bond, just for a moment.

The staff were attentive, friendly and polite. I'm mostly allergic to rich people, but it felt lovely to be in the lap of luxury in such a famous spot. Great bar snacks!

I would recommend wearing appropriately fancy garb. On our coldish evening, we were wearing sportjackets, collared business shirts and cashmere sweaters. I wouldn't want to pop in in cargo pants, sneakers and a t-shirt.

2  Thank Nico R
Reviewed 19 December 2013

It is really unique bar mainly for its jazz performers. Excellent music and the variaty of the selected songs. Very nice atmosphere and really polite staff. One of my best nights in Monte Carlo with my wife..

1  Thank CAMEX
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I came here for a drink during my long weekend away from Paris. I had heard a lot about Hotel de Paris, especially given the Alain Ducasse fame and figured I'd start the evening with a drink at Le Bar American. Upon arrival I was promptly seated near the bar area and was given long cocktail and wine lists. The furnishings and the room itself were very nice, just what one would expect from a place like this: fine woodwork, a dress code, etc. However, I found the staff to be quite lacking, being very slow to take orders, too personal, and placing a greater emphasis on having a good time themselves in the bar area rather than providing a first-rate service to its clients. Particularly, I found it very disturbing that the bottles in the bar kept exploding and the staff was happily laughing as they leisurely wiped the mess away. The jazz band was a nice touch, though, but overall the bar did not have an exclusive, refined atmosphere one would expect. The drink was so so, the food was nothing special, and overall I felt the place could be better managed.

1  Thank Celfie379
Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Hotel de Paris, and visited Le Bar American twice, once on Monday evening when there is no live jazz being played. Reserved a table for the following day. Classy bar all the way. Service was good, if you tip well, you will be received well, after all your in the number one hotel in Monte Carlo. Prices for wine, port, or cocktails way over priced but that is to be expected. Live jazz was great and enjoyable. It states that men should wear a jacket but that rule is loosely applied. Elegant place to sit and have a drink before you carry on to your next reservation! This is not the place to sit and order drinks all night. It's to enjoy the mood of the hotel. We loved it.