“Nice Hotel and Great Location”
Review of Port Palace Hotel

Port Palace Hotel
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Monte-Carlo
Ireland
“Nice Hotel and Great Location”
Reviewed 15 October 2010

Spent two nights here. It was as good as any other Monaco hotel, but better priced and with a brilliant location. It was fantastic to wake up to a view across the marina every morning! The bar on the 6th floor terrace is fantastic too. Overall I canlt fault the hotel and will happily stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Irish_Traveller085

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 8 October 2010

Main entrance downtown is on the harbour right across from the harbour ferry with easy access to the historic Old City and the entrance on the upper floor is within walking distance to the Casino.

The diningroom on the roof was excellent with a wonderful view.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 September 2010

We only stayed at the Port Palace Hotel in Monte Carlo for one night after a flight into Nice, before starting our holiday in Italy. It’s a great hotel, very central for going out and about of an evening, unless of course you are married to my husband, who choose this night to feel ill, in fact very ill, that he then couldn’t even leave the room. Although it does give me the opportunity to comment on room service, which was very good and we didn’t think too expensive either.

On arrival at the hotel our car was parked for us for the night and our bags taken to the room. When we needed the car back the next morning, it was brought to us is very quickly. Our room was on the first floor right at the front of the hotel, overlooking the rather nice boats moored up opposite. My hubby’s sickness gave me ample opportunity to survey the boats comings and goings in great detail and is surprisingly addictive. Although I do believe Simon Cowel was cruising round the French Rivera the week or two before, I think he must have left by mid August !!! As I didn’t see him.

Obviously the Port Palace is an expensive stay once you add in breakfast, but you are in Monte Carlo and not much is cheap, so personally we were more than happy.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Manchester
Reviewed 20 September 2010

Arrived at hotel on Friday 13th Sept - only got back ysty ! We were greeted by Quinten who was just lovely - the miserable man who has been mentioned on here was deff no where to been seen thank god ! We were told had a room on the 1st floor but we mentioned was 4 a spec occasion & he said can upgrade for 100 euros 4 the 2 days which so glad did - got room 409 - HUGE ! breakfast in morning was georg - I have the mindset that Ive paid so gota eat it all - had fruit, tea, fruit juice, cake & fresh salmon all of which was perfect. From the sec we arrived at hotel to leaving we were made to feel very special, clearly v rich people stay there but we were all treated the same, perfect.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 4 September 2010

Room was clean and reasonably well equipped. Bed was a bit hard, but all down to personal preference I guess. Hotel in great location.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
monmouthshire
Reviewed 4 September 2010

I have stayed at this hotel before the last time being in 2006. I must say I believe it has improved, though I was very happy with it before!! My partner and my family stayed overnight for my birthday on the 1st September. The location is probably the best in Monaco, but because it is a boutique hotel it has a nice cosy feel. The bed is HUGE and extremely comfortable. The only negative would be that the same miserable, unfriendly little chap is still working on the reception! lol - I would highly advise anybody to visit this hotel, and yes, I will return!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Dovercourt
Reviewed 3 September 2010

Stayed at the Port Palace at the end of July. I am a very fussy hotel stayer, and I couldn't fault our delux room. It was huge, with a sofa a large desk area, and every little thing I could have wished for. Two double wardrobes with lights inside and full length mirrors. A make up/shaveing mirror in the bahroom and a stool to sit on.... The hotel had a lovely calm feeling and the flowers in reception and in the hallways were beautiful and different. I also loved the Paul Getty photographs in the hallways. We have previously stayed at the Fairmount, but this was much much better. Would list the faults.... but there weren't any. Will certainly be going back here again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple