“This hotel really does optitimise you get what you pay for!!”

Monte-Carlo Bay & Resort
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Monte-Carlo
GreenLeadersBronze level
Leicester, United Kingdom
“This hotel really does optitimise you get what you pay for!!”
Reviewed 21 September 2011

World class hotel with world class facilities!! The rooms are perfect, the staff are helpful when you need them and you really do feel like royalty! The lagoon pools, bars, restaurants are all first class. The quality of everything is what you would expect, they don't cut corners here!

You certainly get what you pay for in this part of the world! Get a room with a sea view and you will have a balcony with an amazing view of Monte Carlo, the incoming yacht, cruise ships and the mountains.

It is expensive compared to the rest of the world but this isn't the rest of the world! Go prepared with your credit card and enjoy what is an amazing place!!

Room Tip: Sea View Room
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MightyRed81

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 14 September 2011

I travel to Monte Carlo once a year for a large convention. I have stayed in many hotels in Monaco, but I must admit that I liked the Monte Carlo Bay. The room had everything I wanted and needed. The service was efficient and the employees were not snotty like they are at other MC hotels such as the Fairmount.

I did not have time to swim in the gorgeous lagoon pool, but it is truly stunning and will bring my swimming suit the next time. I was at the hotel on business, but it may be a great place to stay if you are truly on a holiday.

The cost is hideous (my company paid €440 a night and a simple lunch for two cost €150) and it is a long way from the casino and centre of town (but the bus takes five minutes, runs 8 times an hour and costs €1). However, I must say that it was the best hotel experience I have had in the 20 years I have been travelling to Monte Carlo. I will likely return to the Monte Carlo Bay.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank iskaboo
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 9 September 2011

What I really loved from this hotel was the air full of aromas from local SPA, the one you can find in Paris as well, and the cosy swimming pool. Nice alternative if you are sick of classical interiors, cause here everything is fresh and modern, a bit overpriced though.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Elena E
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 30 August 2011

I recently stayed in this hotel for a week against my better judgement I decided to give it a second go after a terrible trip here two years ago. Nothing has changed in this hotel , the staff are even more unfriendly and unprofessional if that's possible. Our main reason for staying was the proximity to the sporting arena were the summer concerts take place.The food was way below standard , especially room service were absolutely no imagination went into any dish or the presentation . The pool was full of loud obnoxious holiday makers , niveau riche clientle some with very spoiled children who did nothing but scream until they got what they wanted which was usually their ipads or laptops to watch dvds or play games at full volume ! No consideration for anybody else .In the morning children can also be heard running up and down the corridors which never failed to wake me each morning , room are definitely not quite enough. My advice is stay somewhere else , this is the nearest thing to a holiday camp in MC , there are far classier places to stay .

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank MIOAMOREUNICO
london
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Be careful if you are thinking of staying in this hotel. When making our booking the lady on reservations was very helpful. She told us that if we need to make any changes to the length of our stay we could do so in the hotel at no extra charge. When we arrived it turned out that she had mistakenly booked us in for an extra day at the hotel, when we in fact had our flights back a day earlier. When we tried to explain this to the staff they didn't care and were clearly disinterested. They told us we would have to pay for the extra day.

When we got back to London my bank alerted me to the fact that a Monte Carlo Account was trying to withdraw £4000 from my card!!!!!!! We could only assume that one of the hotel staff had gotten hold of my card details and was trying to defraud us. I am sure it was someone from the hotel, because everywhere else we paid cash and that particular card was only used at the Bay reception. Obviously my bank blocked this transaction.

A day later I had the Bay withdraw £1040 from my other bank account. There was absolutely no explanation. I am angry that I was charged for the mistake of the reservations lady- moreover I was charged double the extra day. So in fact Monte Carlo bay not only refused to apologise for their mistake, they stole money from my account and they have done nothing to amend the situation.

The staffs rude and inconsiderate attitude has completely ruined any intention I had of staying at the Bay again. Next time I will definitely be staying at the Hermitage and will be careful who I give my card details to.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
14 Thank Boogivoogi
London
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Our family has stayed at the Monte Carlo Bay three times. Once in 2008, then 2009, and the last trip was July 2011. It has, unfortunately, disappointed us greatly. Whilst the facilities are still great, especially for families -- huge lagoon swimming pool, a kid's club, beautiful Blue Gin bar, and great restaurants -- the service has let us down. Firstly, throughout the 10 day stay, the mini bar was not changed about 3 or 4 times. I had to call Room Service to request for someone to change it. This is completely unacceptable -- I stayed in a much less luxurious hotel in Paris, and my minibar was topped up without my having to remind them. Secondly, the service at the restaurants is just as disappointing. During our lunch times at Las Brisas, we'd have to wave our arms frantically just to get the waiter to bring us a menu or water. Another flaw was found at the Blue Bay restaurant, on our first night, we had to wait for a full hour for our main course. We were with a young child, and she was getting tired and, understandably, restless. One night, we ordered in room service, and they brought the most appalling Minestrone I've ever had in my life. In fact, one cannot call it soup -- it was, literally, water mixed with some vegetables. For 15 Euros, I was quite horrified. Moreover, the concierge severely let us down one night when we were hoping to get a reservation at Fuji. She said that she'd book it for us no problem, but if there is a problem she'd call us back. She didn't get back to us so we assumed the reservation was fine. Just to check, 15 minutes before we were due to have dinner at Fuji, I asked her if everything was okay with the table. She said that no, it was fully booked. I asked why I received no notice, as it was a Saturday night and now we had no table at a restaurant. She claimed that she had 'just sent a note up to my room'! At 7:45, 15 minutes before the reservation time -- very unprofessional. All in all, these quirks and flaws in service really ruined what could've been a very pleasant stay. Save your money.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank spacefox
Newtownards, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2011

Stayed here several times now. The rooms are very good. Service by the pool is great if a little pricey for food and drinks. The pool is fantastic. Great place to relax away from the hustle and bustle!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple