When we first arrived in monaco it was very hot and we each had large suitcases to take to the hotel. Taxis are hard to come by in monaco so we had to drag the cases ourselves and the hotel initially wasnt easy to find. after asking several people and lugging our lauggage upnumrous hills we finally arrived at novotel hot sweaty and ready to see our room! When we walked into the hotel it was well airconditioned, very modern and contempory which is exactly what we were looking for. Unfortunatly our room wasnt going to be ready for 45minutes even though it was past 2pm so we decided to have a drink in the bar to pass the time. It would have been nice if we had been offered a complimentary drink seen as our room wasnt ready. The drinks in the hotel are expensive but they are like this in all of monaco and we were well prepared for that. When we finally got to our room it was perfect! there were 3 of us so we had a double bed and sofa bed and our balcony gave us a lovely iew over the harbour. the room was very comfortable and cleaned daily The staff were very friendly and accommodating. We tried breakfast at the hotel for one morning and were dissapointed as the food wasnt great and for 3 of us it was a total of 51euros! the lunches however were nice and good value. The hotel is located close to the casino and cafe de paris which was one of our favorite parts of monte carlo but be prepared to walk quite a bit and up steep hills. You can get cabs but you cant flag them down like in UK or New york and you rarely see a taxi pick up point. You can grab a sight seeing bus for 17 euros for one day or 20euros for 2 days which will take you up to the palace which is extremly high up. However, the buses are very small and because there are constantly cruise liners in the harbour with only a few hours to look around, the busses are often taken up by these visitors so you have to be patient and let a few go by.
You can pick up leaflets in the hotel lobby and there is usually someone there to ask abot the trips. Overall i would say this hotel was extremly good value for money and would rate it more of a 4* then 3*. Highly recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Monte Carlo hotel is situated in the heart of the principality, just a short walk from the train station, the Place du Casino and the Grimaldi Forum. It has 218 rooms (including 10 Junior Suites), some with stunning views over the Rock of Monaco and the sea. It also boasts a restaurant, a bar and 12 rooms for meetings and conferences. The Novotel Monte Carlo is ideal for business travel or weekends in Monaco as a couple or with family. A secure public car park is available (charges apply). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Novotel Monte Carlo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Monte Carlo Hotel Monte-Carlo
- Novotel Hotel Monte Carlo
- Accor Monte Carlo
- Monte-Carlo Novotel