“3 night Honeymoon Stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
worcester
“3 night Honeymoon Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

We had a wonderful stay here at the Novotel
Balcony with a pool view.
Rooms were very spacious, I asked for a upgrade, obligatory for a honeymoon! and they obliged with an upgrade to a king size room.
Staff very helpful.
The hotel is very near to the train station so for those getting a train from Niece will have no difficulty finding the hotel once in Monaco, once you leave the station take a left and hotel is about a 5 min walk on the right.

We enjoyed some nice cocktails at the bar and the breakfast each morning was lovely with something for everyone.

we walked daily down the centre and purchased tickets for the open top bus which takes you all over.

This hotel is great for all budgets

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank looboo500
NovotelMonteCarlo, Responsable relations clients at Novotel Monte Carlo, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank you very much for your great review. I am glad to read you spent an enjoyable moment for your honeymoon stay in Monaco. I am also pleased to note that you were satisfied by the restaurant quality and the nice cocktails at the bar. I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again if you have the opportunity to come back to the Principality.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

I check in at this hotel in May 2014 - the bellboy was very kind, He took off all my luggage from my cabriolet car and parked my car in the parking beside the hotel - 25eur/day.
Hotel is well located, few minutes walking to the city centre.
Beautiful and new room, breakfast with a lot of different type of food, breads, cheeses etc.
I recommend this hotel for everybody who are going to Monte Carlo! Enjoy Novotel !

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Many thanks for your great review of the hotel. I am happy to read you consider the Novotel Monte Carlo as the “best hotel in Monte Carlo”. Besides, I am glad to see you enjoyed the bellboy’s service but also the accommodation in general. Thank you for recommending this hotel to other travellers and I hope to welcome you again. Kind regards,

Sussex,England
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

I had stayed there- and at Novotels throughout the wold - before. This was a complete change. First, the lavatory still had the excrement of the previous guest. I was offered a change, but was too tired to re-pack and wouldn't let their staff touch my things. The housekeeping staff is untrained: bottom sheet left crumpled, night-dress on desk chair, etc.
Worst of all, there was no sofa bed, as promised, which is used as a couch and gives you somewhere to sit besides the desk chair. This is supposed to be in all rooms, and was specified on my reservation of Superior room. When I complained, the manager told me, that
1. it was a superior room and 2. as I was alone I didn't need the sofa bed.
Breakfast was good and the restaurant staff very helpful. But never again.

Room Tip: I wouldn't choose any room as you can't be sure you get what you have paid for
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Ingemaria
NovotelMonteCarlo, Responsable relations clients at Novotel Monte Carlo, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for having taken the time to tell us about your experience with us. I am obviously sorry as we let you down on housekeeping front and would like to discuss this further with you to apologise in person. Feel free to contact me directly at the hotel. I look forward to speaking to you and hope to welcome you again another time.
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

My friend and I visited Monaco in April just for the week end and stayed at the Novotel. We were really surprised by how wonderful the Hotel looks.
We stayed in a Junior Suite with great views over the port, pool and sea. This was a very spacious room with separated living area and 2 balconies!!!

The service was among the best we have experienced. We couldn’t remember all the names but Raphael in the restaurant and I think Clementine at reception were absolutely lovely.

We would definitely recommend the Hotel to our friends and relatives.

Room Tip: Junior Suite, definitely worth the extra bucks!!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking time to share your own experience with other travellers. I am delighted to read you enjoyed the quality of our Junior Suite and also the services given. We are very grateful you will recommend our Hotel to your friends and relatives. We really look forward to welcoming you again very soon in Monaco. Kind regards,

yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Visited this excellent hotel over a long bank holiday weekend to sample the sights and sounds of monaco.
We were in a group of 8 and all stayed in twin rooms (not garden view). The hotel is a very clean hotel with fantatsic facilities.
Check in was very quick and we were all allocated roadside rooms on the fourth floor. The fourth floor is actually the first floor! Although roadside the rooms are soundproof and you do not hear any traffic at all.
The hotel has a fantatsic bar / restaurant area which overlooks the hotel pool and gardens. The price of food and beer is very simialr to most of the bars in the Monaco area which is not cheap!
The rooms have a seperate bath / shower area and toilet. They are quite spacious and have a mini fridge in all rooms. Tip - buy water and stock the fridge up! Not alot of supermarkets or local shops that sell soft drinks / water!
The hotel is only about 5 - 10 minute walk from the monte carlo casino and cafe de paris area. The harbour area is about a 20 minute walk down the hill which follows the route of the F1 track. Everything you need is pretty much on your doorstep usually a walk downhill. The palace is at the other side and a walk up the steps from the harbour or through the mountain and walk up the roadside.
The train station is only a 2 minute walk from the hotel. Good tip - the lift that takes you down to the train station also leads to the harbour. Bit of walk through the station but saves your legs on the way back up!!
Nightlife is pretty much down by La Rascasse which are all trendy bars and open till late. If your going to the monte carlo casino you may need your ID and a passport is all they will take. ALso remember to dress smart or you will be denied entry!! The smaller casino in cafe de paris is not as strict on dress code.

Room Tip: Garden rooms will have great views but cost more. We were room 440 which is roadside but your room i...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
NovotelMonteCarlo, Responsable relations clients at Novotel Monte Carlo, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Many thanks for your great and very detailed review of the hotel and its environment. I was pleased to read you enjoyed your cityside rooms and the location of the hotel. I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again in Monaco.

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for three nights. Three stars. Very comfortable, but not fancy. I chose it because it was only about a five-minute walk to the train station. I had a queen bed. I opted to have breakfast--croissant and coffee--at the kiosk at the train station, because it cost only a fraction of the cost of two breakfast options at the hotel. I had one light dinner in the bar, but after that had huge lunches elsewhere, so wisely skipped dinner. By going through the train station, it was easy to get down to the harbor. There were also a number of bus lines along the street, so very convenient to get around. Free internet in the lobby area. I'd recommend this hotel to others as a good alternative to the pricey hotels down by the harbor.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for your great review. I am delighted to read you enjoyed the hotel location and that you would recommend our hotel to other travellers. I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again very soon. Kind regards,

uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Stayed at a time when there were no major events on in Monaco, proved to be excellent value for money, very central, outdoor pool, good rooms, did not eat here so cannot comment on evening meal, only complaint is that breakfast was poor.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank KelsonUk
Thank you for your review of the hotel. I was pleased to read you found the hotel an excellent value for money with good rooms however I am sorry you did not like the breakfast but we are working on some improvements. I look forward to welcoming you again in Monaco.