We stayed for one evening in Monte Carlo and chose Novotel for the stay. We checked into an Executive Room and despite just being in Monte Carlo for one evening we had a difficult time leaving the room. We had a beautiful balcony overlooking the pool, the Aquarium, and the Prince's palace. The room itself was nicely sized with a double bed, desk, and large couch. Our room was located right next to the elevator, but as the room was well sound-proofed we never heard a peep from the hall or elevator.
Checkin was quick and easy. The front desk was quite pleasant and friendly and spoke several languages flawlessly. They assisted us with dinner reservations and directed us to an outstanding Italian restaurant a short walk up the hill.
The pool was beautiful, but unfortunately the water temperature was way too cold to swim in by the time we attempted it. Admittedly, this was pretty late in the day so I'm sure in the afternoon it would be pleasant.
The Casino was in easy walking distance, even when dressed in finery. We also easily walked around the harbor and to the Jardin Japonaise.
The bed was good, but not great. Comfortable, but not the kind of bed you never want to leave.
Breakfast was quite ample and tasty, with several options. Everything including eggs, crepes, pastries, extensive charcuterie, and several varieties of fruit. There were several teas to select from, all of a very high quality.
There are ample signs in Monte Carlo that direct to the hotel. Parking was below the hotel and required a little side-street-snakeing to get to, but pretty straight forward and averagely priced for Monaco (24E).
Check out was quick and easy.
All around a wonderful experience. I highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Monte Carlo hotel is situated in the heart of the principality, just a short walk from the train station, the Place du Casino and the Grimaldi Forum. It has 218 rooms (including 10 Junior Suites), some with stunning views over the Rock of Monaco and the sea. It also boasts a restaurant, a bar and 12 rooms for meetings and conferences. The Novotel Monte Carlo is ideal for business travel or weekends in Monaco as a couple or with family. A secure public car park is available (charges apply). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Novotel Monte Carlo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Monte Carlo Hotel Monte-Carlo
- Novotel Hotel Monte Carlo
- Accor Monte Carlo
- Monte-Carlo Novotel