“Good stopover”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Mermaid Beach, Australia
“Good stopover”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We had a one night stopover at Novotel for a simple quick immersion in Monte Carlo and this hotel was suitable.

We were upgraded to an executive room which was appreciated yet we were surprised if it was an upgraded room how dated it appeared, we did have higher expectations of Novotel ie fresher modern decor expected and we were surprised at paper cups for tea/coffee. When we requested an iron/ironing board we were delivered with an appliance that quite honestly looked fitting for the 13th century, however did offer us some amusement.

On the plus side, the receptionist who checked us in was lovely, the public areas were bright, spacious and well decorated. The car parking at 25€ was well priced considering the location, the car was valet parked and easily accessible to the hotel.

The hotel is located a 5-10 minute walk to Monte Carlo casino and very well sign posted on the way into town which made arrival very simple for us when our GPS had died. A good one night stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alethea M
NovotelMonteCarlo, Responsable relations clients at Novotel Monte Carlo, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your own experience with the other travellers. I was pleased to read you enjoyed the public area in the hotel so as its location. I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again for a longer experience.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 23 July 2014

wonderful breakfast.(much choice and quality and made ​​terrace next to the pool)
very clean
very quiet
very friendly and attentive staff
very close to the Casino
beautiful decoration
I recommend this hotel, always on top

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Luc P
NovotelMonteCarlo, Responsable relations clients at Novotel Monte Carlo, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Thank you very much for your nice review concerning your last stay at the Novotel Monte Carlo. I was glad to read you found the hotel very clean, quiet, and well decorated with an attentive staff… I thank you for recommending our hotel to the other travellers and I look forward to welcoming you again soon in Monaco.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed 2 nights at the Novotel. We had request for an upgrade at the time of booking as we were celebrating our anniversary. We were happy to know that we were upgraded for both nights.

The hotel is very well located. 2 minutes away from the station, 5 minutes from the casino and 10 minutes from the harbour.

Our room was very clean. The service at the hotel was of top quality. Room service & house keeping were prompt. The hotel staff were friendly & helpful. We ate lunch a couple of times at the hotel & everything was in order.

Its definitely a must do if you are looking to stay in the heart of Monaco at a value for money price!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank atulgupta2014
NovotelMonteCarlo, Responsable relations clients at Novotel Monte Carlo, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Thank you very much for your great review concerning your last stay at the Novotel Monte Carlo. I am pleased you have chosen our hotel to celebrate your anniversary and happy to know everything went well for you during your stay. I really look forward to have the pleasure to welcoming you again to Monaco.

Watford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Just returned from a two night stay. What a great location in central Monte Carlo. Nowhere in Monaco is more than 20 mins walk. Walk down to the harbour takes less than 10 mins via casino square. Access from the railway station takes less than 5 minutes. If you download the right map from the internet before you go you can navigate Monaco quite successfully without ever needing to walk up or down a hill, not bad considering it's built on the side of a mountain. There are lifts and escalators everywhere but get the map and save you legs ! The hotel itself was almost brand new. Great restaurant with reasonably priced food, nice pool for a cool off and well equipped room. Check in and check out quick and efficient. I cannot fault any of the staff who were friendly and helpful. I booked through a website that allowed me to choose bed types. I choose two singles and a sofa bed for three adults. When I got there it was a double and a sofa bed. Not a huge issue for us but it may be for others so please check with the hotel who replied to emails very quickly. For central Monaco I don't think you will beat this for value for money. The whole hotel had air con and the temperature in the room was really very cool and silent. There was no guest noise at all and the view from our 7th floor balcony was amazing overlooking the harbour. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the garden and pool are well worth the very small extra fee the front road side ro...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Nick1009
I would like to thank you a lot for your great and detailed review concerning your last stay at the Novotel Monte Carlo. I am sorry for the confusion made with your beds choice. However, I was pleased to read you enjoyed your sea view room at the 7th floor. I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again if you come back to Monaco.

Southampton
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My partner and I stayed in this hotel for two nights last week. I was very impressed with the look of the hotel and the range of facilities available. The bedroom was a lot bigger and stylish than I had seen in photos, and the bed was very comfortable.

Set right in the heart of Monaco it's only a mere ten minutes walk to Casino square and the harbour.

The pool wasn't too big but just the right size for a dip when needing to cool off. When we went down to find some sun loungers there weren't any free but the lifeguard on duty said he would keep an eye out for some when they became available and would let us know. Staying true to his word he noticed two women get up to leave and went straight up to them to see if we could have them. Luckily for us they were right by the pool and turned out to be a great sun trap.

We had dinner and drinks in the restaurant one evening during our stay. The waiters/waitresses we're extremely attentive and our food arrived within a short space of time. As we ordered mojitos and a bottle of wine at the same time one of the waitresses was concerned that the mojitos weren't going to stay cool and gave us another two on the house after we finished our meal. This was completely unexpected as we were happy with the ones we had already ordered but weren't going to pass up another one each free of charge!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to stay in Monaco. It's set in a wonderful location and is a great value for money. Both my partner and I will definitely choose this hotel again on our next visit.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Parkermn
Thank you for great and very detailed review concerning your stay at the Novotel Monte Carlo. I was pleased to read you were completely satisfied by the restaurant service at our hotel. Indeed, our staff does its best to answer to clients expectations. I am delighted to read you would recommend our hotel and that you will choose it again for your next visit.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here, I stayed for 2 nights. We upgraded to a suite as our room was too small for four people, I think it only cost an extra 50 euro each night! The staff are a huge plus to the hotel. The beds were comfortable and the food was amazing!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank your for taking time to share your own experience at the Novotel Monte Carlo with other travellers. I was pleased to read you enjoyed the upgrade to a bigger room and also the staff attitude towards the clients. I really look forward to welcoming you again to Monaco.

Maroochydore, Australia
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed at this property during our vacation. The hotel is quite new and well appointed. It is close and easy walking distance to the railway station even with luggage on wheels. The hotel is close to most main centre attractions. It is up on a hill which gives you great views of part of the harbour looking past the buildings in front of the hotel. We had a room on one of the top levels which I recommend you ask for. Large windows that open up providing a great openness feel. Some rooms have balconies. The room we had was not big, but adequate for two people. The restaurant and bar had good choices and service staff very attentive. We toughly enjoyed staying here and would recommend it to other vacation travelers.

Room Tip: Harbour view room on one of the higher levels.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Raddicool
Many thanks for taking time to write a review concerning your last stay at the Novotel Monte Carlo. I was glad to read you were satisfied by the location, the view from the room, and also the great choices offered by the restaurant and bar. I look forward to have the pleasure to welcoming you again to Monaco.