Unfortunately I had really poor service during my stay on 17-18 August 2014.
I phoned the hotel at 12.00 letting them know I would be arriving at 14.00 - but on arrival was told "there would be short 30 minute delay while they got my room ready". This eventually turned into a 2 hour wait! We were offered free drinks but it ruined the start of our visit.
When it came to finally access the room they had lost 3 pieces of our luggage and I had to go through the storage room to find what they had mislaid.
I was told that breakfast could be pre-purchased at a special rate of Euro 14.50 rather than Euro 19.00 "but this must be paid for in advance". I had the cash so paid at check in - but the next morning they could find no record of this payment. There was a major delay while they found the original member of staff who had checked me in - they remembered my payment but admitted they had "forgotten" to to make any record. Only then was I allowed to check out.
My valet parked car could not be returned "as they were busy" so I had to take my cases down to the underground car park - push them all up the "down" ramp to my car - only to discover that the the exit ticket had not been authorised - so back to reception to start all over again.
Incidentally breakfast was chaos, no glasses, no spoons, coffee machine not working properly and on the 6th floor the ice machine wasn't working.
I realise I was there on a busy weekend in August but at over £200 a night I would expect at least the basics to be covered. It looked like simply not enough staff, no management and no focus on customer service.
On the plus side the location was great and using that station lifts / escalators it is easy to get to Ste. Devote and the harbour.
Next time I'll try the Columbus where I've stayed before without any problems.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Monte Carlo hotel is situated in the heart of the principality, just a short walk from the train station, the Place du Casino and the Grimaldi Forum. It has 218 rooms (including 10 Junior Suites), some with stunning views over the Rock of Monaco and the sea. It also boasts a restaurant, a bar and 12 rooms for meetings and conferences. The Novotel Monte Carlo is ideal for business travel or weekends in Monaco as a couple or with family. A secure public car park is available (charges apply). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Novotel Monte Carlo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Monte Carlo Hotel Monte-Carlo
- Novotel Hotel Monte Carlo
- Accor Monte Carlo
- Monte-Carlo Novotel