Novotel Monte Carlo
US$256
US$227
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Le Meridien Beach Plaza(Monte-Carlo)
US$299
US$642
US$477
Travelocity
2,304 results
All reviewstrain stationsofa bedexecutive roomcasino squarefew minutes walknespresso machineswimming poolseparate toiletcentral locationbreakfast was excellentan upgradeport herculegarden viewnice airportyogurtmini bargrand prix
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary! I'm glad we did. Lovely room overlooking the pool area. Room was clean and spacious. Great location ... We never used the lifts as we enjoyed the walks at night... So much to see!! Monaco is a beautiful magical place and we will definitely be back .... McCormick (Belfast)

• Stayed: August 2014
NovotelMonteCarlo, Responsable relations clients at Novotel Monte Carlo, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Thank you for your nice review concerning your last journey in Monaco. I was glad to read you were satisfied to celebrate your 20th wedding anniversary at the Novotel Monte Carlo. I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Unfortunately I had really poor service during my stay on 17-18 August 2014.

I phoned the hotel at 12.00 letting them know I would be arriving at 14.00 - but on arrival was told "there would be short 30 minute delay while they got my room ready". This eventually turned into a 2 hour wait! We were offered free drinks but it ruined the start of our visit.

When it came to finally access the room they had lost 3 pieces of our luggage and I had to go through the storage room to find what they had mislaid.

I was told that breakfast could be pre-purchased at a special rate of Euro 14.50 rather than Euro 19.00 "but this must be paid for in advance". I had the cash so paid at check in - but the next morning they could find no record of this payment. There was a major delay while they found the original member of staff who had checked me in - they remembered my payment but admitted they had "forgotten" to to make any record. Only then was I allowed to check out.

My valet parked car could not be returned "as they were busy" so I had to take my cases down to the underground car park - push them all up the "down" ramp to my car - only to discover that the the exit ticket had not been authorised - so back to reception to start all over again.

Incidentally breakfast was chaos, no glasses, no spoons, coffee machine not working properly and on the 6th floor the ice machine wasn't working.

I realise I was there on a busy weekend in August but at over £200 a night I would expect at least the basics to be covered. It looked like simply not enough staff, no management and no focus on customer service.

On the plus side the location was great and using that station lifts / escalators it is easy to get to Ste. Devote and the harbour.

Next time I'll try the Columbus where I've stayed before without any problems.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BananaBen
NovotelMonteCarlo, Responsable relations clients at Novotel Monte Carlo, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Thank you for taking time to write a review concerning your last stay at the Novotel Monte-Carlo. We are sincerely sorry and apologize for the delay to get your room but as you said it was a busy weekend and our staff was doing its best to satisfy client’s needs. I detailed all of your comments with the different head of departments and these points are currently being processed by them to improve the quality of our services and to ensure that similar problems do not occur in the future. In spite of these few things due to the busy week end of 17th August, I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again to Monaco.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Spent one night. Very professional staff. We had a room on 4th floor - typically small (by US standards), but functional. Car was valet parked but we had to pick it up ourselves - what a joy! No, not the actual pickup, but all the supercars parked downstairs - RR, Ferrarris, Porsches. A very French Riviera experience.
Hotel is 10 minutes from the Casino and Hotel de Paris. More car ogling there. The hotel is also 3 minutes from the train station which has elevator / stairs / escalator combo (follow signs) from street level to Port Hercules. They will save you 20 minutes of walking (up/down hill)

Room Tip: higher floors in the back have views over the Monaco
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ella_RM

Many thanks for your great review concerning your last stay at the Novotel Monte-Carlo. I was glad to read you appreciated our services and that you had a good time visiting the beautiful cars in the parking. I really look forward to welcoming you again in Monaco soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Just end another 3 nights at this Novotel in Monaco and this time i had several disappointments however most of them were resolved in professional manner by the relations mangaer Monika. We arrived at 5pm and rooms were not ready because the Monaco football team was in the hotel and they have late check out, so to compensate they gave an upgrade which was well accepted and this was all solved. However next day I need a taxi, ordered it at 11:30hrs and after 45 minutes it wasnt arrived, hotel said they work with one company only and the driver had problems with his driving licence, well you need plan B in such cases, maybe working with 2 companies wopuld be better. Lets say those two problems were a bit out of their control, the rest was great, room was great, internet and breakfast too, well located, I recommended this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
NovotelMonteCarlo, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Monte Carlo, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Mr Avagliano,

I would like to thank you for your positive review and also for your patience on that day of your arrival. I fully appreciate how frustrating it can be to wait for your rooms but we are happy that this was promptly resolved. I do apologize concerning the taxi issue, unfortunately in Monaco there is only one taxi company and the private hire cars do not accept short trips in Monaco. I have shared your comments with our General Manager who will take this up with Monaco Taxi and make sure that this does not happen in the future.
We hope to see you during your next trip in Monaco.
Best regards
Monika

Reviewed 17 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
NovotelMonteCarlo, Responsable relations clients at Novotel Monte Carlo, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014