2,457 results
All reviews train station sofa bed executive room casino square nespresso machine minute walk swimming pool separate toilet decent hotel nice pool central location an upgrade nice airport garden view yogurt mini bar grand prix
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed for three nights on,a business trip

Pros:
Decent location in Monte Carlo - close to Monaco station;
Staff are very helpful;
Nice pool area;
Food is of a pretty decent standard.

Cons:
Rooms are slightly dated and in need of a little attention;
Costly for a Novotel (it is Monaco, however).

Probably a bit soulless for a romantic trip, but perfectly fine for a business trip.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
NovotelMonte-Carlo, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Monte Carlo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Dear Gary R,

First of all, I want to thank you for having chosen the Novotel Monte Carlo and for having taken the time to share your opinion regarding your recent stay with us.

We hope we do have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Please let me know if you are heading back our way so we can help designing another great stay with us. H5275-EL@accor.com

Reviewed 21 June 2018

We stayed 5 nights on 6th floor. First impression was decor dated for the price. A balcony( not wide enough to go out on) room facing the street. Comfortable bed. Bathroom had a bath( a real bonus) as well as shower! Bathroom modern but hairdryer old & dated. Seperate toilet away from bedroom was excellent idea!
Strange that a pricey hotel had plastic & paper cups for coffee & Tea.
Housekeeping was excellent each day! Basic toiletries in room. Had to ask for toothbrush & body lotion.
Restaurant & bar is very high standard! Staff fabulous! Food delicious in restaurant! We ate dinner there twice. Great but small cappuccinos!
Pool was good. Life guards very good & friendly.
Excellent location for walking.
Front reception staff very helpful & friendly.
Elevators are dated.
Overall was very happy with our stay at Novotel Monte-Carlo!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Brenda W,

I was thrilled to read you enjoyed the hotel and its services generally.
Thank you very much for your constructive feedback.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

No complaints . I am satisfied with the price and the services .
Novotel remains always a good choice . Especially the garden with the pool is very pleasant this period , the starting of the summer , for a drink or a light dinner . The only essential notice I could make , is the increase of the variety of dishes that are offered in the room service .

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear ioannisa260,

I was thrilled to read you enjoyed the hotel and its services generally.
Thank you very much for your constructive feedback.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

This is my second trip to the Novotel Monte Carlo in two years to celebrate my birthday with my family. We stayed for two nights the day after the Grand Prix. I booked a junior suite, and notified the hotel in advance, requesting that anything extra they could offer to make the trip even more special would be much appreciated. The manager swiftly contacted me and notified me that they would make the trip special.
Upon arrival at the hotel, our room was not quite ready, so we were offered complimentary drinks at the bar, which was a nice touch.
Our room had superb views of the harbour and yachts, and the suite was large with two balconies! I was greeted with some lovely gifts including L'Occitane gifts, flowers and chocolate, and a note from the manager wishing me a pleasant stay! I was delighted!
The breakfast had a good selection, including pancakes, fruit, pastries, scrambled eggs, sausages and fresh coffee.
All staff were polite and friendly. Thank you for making our trip extra special! We would gladly recommend this hotel, and hope to return again in the future.

Room Tip: choose a room on the higher floors
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
NovotelMonte-Carlo, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Monte Carlo, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Dear evie0770,

First of all, I want to thank you for having chosen the Novotel Monte Carlo and for having taken the time to write this positive review.

I was thrilled to read you enjoyed your Birthday and second stay with us.
I am really happy you were pleased by the view and the special attention in your room.

We truly appreciate your kind words. I will not miss to share them with the whole team.
There is no better recognition for us to know we successed to make you feel special.

I hope we do have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Please let me know if you are heading back our way so we can design another great stay with us.

Reviewed 8 June 2018

It should be recognised immediately that Monte Carlo is an expensive place, so it is a little unfair to compare hotel rates with the same brand in other cities. Having said that, the rates to stay at the Novotel are a little eye-watering.

In reality it is the standard of a Holiday Inn Express. No disrespect to HIE, I have used them often and you know exactly what to expect. It is clean, adequate, businesslike but utilitarian…and that fits for the Novotel too. The difference is that in the HIE locations I have usually tended to patronize I will expect to pay perhaps €80, not €280 – and it wasn’t even Grand Prix week.

The hotel is modern, cool and efficient; the staff polite and helpful; the breakfast adequate (€18) but I didn’t eat there at night. Indeed, be prepared to pay a lot for the simplest meal in MC…it is, as I said, a very expensive place.

The room at the Novotel was spacious and had a small balcony. It was furnished somewhat spartanly, but again, adequate. It had free wi-fi (ALL hotels should be offering free wi-fi these days), but your tea/coffee making facilities included a paper cup and wooden stick to stir it with! This is not consistent with a €280 per night hotel. And why do Continental hotels always assume that tea-drinkers are happy to use either powdered coffee-creamer or in this case one of those little containers of Kaffiecreme. Neither are acceptable to tea-drinkers.

The only other difference with a HIE (who give you proper mugs to drink out of) was that the Novotel had a swimming pool and a restaurant while a HIE only usually has a breakfast room – where the breakfast is free….

Not that much to choose between them, then….except €200.

It was OK in most respects, except the price (and the paper cup). I am giving it only three stars because that is what I would normally give to a standard Holiday Inn Express, and this was pretty much the same standard.

Room Tip: The rear rooms overlook some gardens.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
NovotelMonte-Carlo, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Monte Carlo, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Dear Mr Snook,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to discuss with me regarding your feedback.

Indeed Monaco is a very expensive area.
That is why we do have to provide a seamless service and the feedback of our guests is very helpful for that.
Improvements are the work of everyday.
We do have to make our utmost, especially because the prices are high.

Thank you for your constructive feedback.

I would like to invite you to contact me directly if you are planning to come back so that I can personally take care of you and ensure you a smoothly stay.

I remain at your entire disposal.

Have a lovely day.