“Special”
Review of Blue Bay

Blue Bay
Reserve with
Blue Bay is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 134 Restaurants in Monte-Carlo
Price range: US$24 - US$90
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Its a difficult place to review; the terrace looks out over the Monaco bay so the view is stunning; the restaurant itself is quite contemporary, but hasn't quite escaped the "restaurant in a hotel" look, its still a bit 70's and feels "hotel-like" as opposed to Luxury Restaurant.

We were unlucky as the weather forced THREE changes of table, eventually we just had to dine inside. The staff are.... well perfect, they are attentive, charming and that exact combination of "there" but "invisible".

The food is extravagant, to be honest a bit bland for my tastes, as I like strong and spicy food, and some of their dishes are more delicate and possibly sophisticated. The Chicken in Miso tasted a little like boiled chicken, the pasta was very good indeed, the steak was 7-8 out of 10; I wasn't blown away with the food, nor was my wife, but as I said we are accustomed to spice.

Certainly give it a go, its got one of the best views I have seen from a restaurant terrace, the staff and wine is excellent, the prices aren't outrageous considering where you are! Just take some Tabasco with you!

3  Thank BrettJolly
Vincent W, Deputy General Manager at Blue Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Brett Jolly,

Thank you for having diner art the Blue Bay and for sharing your experience.
I’m very happy to read such a comment. Unfortunately, the weather is out of our control and it has been very unpredictable during July !!! The quality of service is very important for us. Be assured that your satisfaction will be shared with them.
Everybody has his own taste. Your discovery of Marcel Ravin’ style has started. We really hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again to continue this Culinary Journey.

Vincent Waltregny
Deputy General Manager
Monte Carlo Bay Hotel & Resort
Blue Bay Restaurant

There are newer reviews for Blue Bay

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We have eaten in a few places in Monte Carlo and were searching for something different for our 25th wedding anniversary. When we arrived they gave us our choice of seating because the weather had turned and we could not sit on the terrace. We chose a seat with the a beautiful sea view far from anyone else, of course. The menu was a little confusing but the specials were explained to us, as there were some choices for just two people. We had a lot of staff so we asked each as they approached for their recommendations which helped us confirm our choice. The food is a french-fusion of mediterranean and french fare with, of course martenique spices and preparation which we absolutely loved. We miss the spicy foods that you do not have living in Italy. The attention given to us was very personal and professional.

3  Thank Joan F
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We ate at this restaurant because we were staying in the hotel.
Initially we sat at a table and ignored, however when the staff realised we had not been greeted or given a menu they could not have been more helpful. Personally I found the Menu very confusing but when I asked for help one of the staff gave me an iPad to use with pictures of all the dishes. She also was very knowledgable about each dish.
My husband enjoyed his fish but the accompaniments were not to his liking. My Beef was delicious.
We had 1 beer, bottle of water, 1 starter, 2 main courses and 1 desert. The bill was €128.

1  Thank Barbara A
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Amazingly inventive and delicious food with exceptional service from start to finish. The whole dining experience was simply perfect. We were given recommendations on the menu (there was so much choice) when we asked and received the perfect amount of attention throughout the evening. I was extremely impressed and so pleased I read the reviews on here before going to Monte Carlo.

3  Thank TulaTulaLondon
Reviewed 27 April 2014

A good place for breakfast but not a top quality place, the food served is nothing special and is just like a breakfast in a B&B in England. There are not specialties that the French have for breakfast it is just regular English food

1  Thank Callum P