Arte Hotel Krems
Parkhotel Krems(Krems an der Donau)
US$123
US$119
  • Restaurant
Steigenberger Hotel and Spa(Krems an der Donau)
US$186
US$182
Kolping Campus Krems(Krems an der Donau)
US$93
Hotel Zum Goldenen Engel(Krems an der Donau)
US$107
US$104
Hotel Unter den Linden(Krems an der Donau)
US$130
US$126
Alte Post(Krems an der Donau)
US$80
US$224
US$305
US$257
Agoda.com
All reviewsmodern hotelcycling tourshower areathe riversliding doorrestaurant next doorfree wifigrape juiceroom was largerecommend this hotelair conditioninguniversityprivacyreceptiondocksaustriaprison
Reviewed 10 July 2013

This was the last stopover on our Danube bike tour which provided a large variety of accommodation - this was certainly the most modern. The rooms are bright and very ‘groovy’ but I would say over-engineered - focusing on style over function. It took us a while to figure out how everything worked (lights, shower etc.) As others have said, the bathrooms are really only suitable for spouses or very close friends and we couldn't get the cable internet to work in the room (no wifi in the rooms, but good in the lobby). Breakfast was excellent with a broad choice and the reception staff were delightful and all spoke good English. The hotel is actually in Stein, near the university, about 500m from the river but a couple of kilometres from the centre of Krems.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank aussiekpn
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We stayed one night. The hotel is along the street directly opposite the Danube river ship disembarkation point in Krems. However it is quite far up and not easy to find. The check in was prompt and the hotel room was nice and adequate for a family of four. The restaurant at the ground level was nice. The only thing to get used to at the hotel is that it has a shower without door!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ShiouSingapore
Reviewed 22 May 2013

good hotel located in a great location. During night the room was a bit dried out and warm. and this impacted on the quality of our sleep. Breakfast was excellent .
I had an issue with booking.com as they did not confirm the right room. However, the concierge staff was ready to help. Service at the bar is excellent.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 November 2012

I stayed one night at the Arte Hotel Krems when I gave a presentation at Donau University. The hotel is directly across the street from the University so is perfect if you have any business with the school.

I arrived at night and was greeted by a very friendly receptionist. She got me checked in promptly as well as gave me some additional information about Krems. The non-alcohol welcome drink of locally produced grape juice was a nice touch. Additionally the receptionist saved me some money by offering a day pass for parking. I would have paid more if I simply paid using the machine in the garage.

My room was very comfortable. It had the loft/industrial feel of a Starwood Aloft. This type of design and layout may not be for everyone. As mentioned in other reviews, the rather open bathroom may put off some people.

The mattress in my bed was maybe just a touch too firm for me but I still had a very good night sleep.

The breakfast selection was excellent with a very nice selection of bread, meat, and cheeses as well as a variety of sweeter dishes.

Perhaps the only disappointment at the Arte Hotel Krems was that the internet connection in the rooms required an ethernet cable. I brought my own but the hotel can provide. Unfortunately the internet connection did not work with my Macbook Air. I was definitely connected to the internet (had IP address and status showed connection). I believe the problem was that the hotel's system does not have Mac services. I've encountered this problem on other networks. I'm going to send a note to the hotel. The hotel does have a very good free wifi connection in the reception area and restaurant which is available 24 hours.

Overall I had an extremely pleasant one-night stay at the Arte Hotel Krems. I really appreciated the friendliness of all the staff who always greeted me with a smile and were kind and helpful. I'll certainly stay at the Arte Hotel again if I go back to Krems.

Room Tip: Save money on parking by purchasing the day pass from the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Yes the photos are great, but I didn't think it would be as good as it was.
Sure the shower and wash basin lacked true privacy, but it was fine for people used to showering in front of each other (couples, siblings...whatever)
Wish the toilet door had a latch, only because the sliding door also covered the closet. I can easily imagine a cabin mate straighten up and sliding the door!

Hope they add wi-fi to extend to the rooms, but that wouldn't prevent me from visiting again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business