“Amazing scenery”

Cuisines: Austrian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 November 2012

The scenery was absolutely breathtaking while sitting outside. It was very peaceful. My husband and I were the only ones sitting outside for awhile but soon after others started to take note. The beer was good and the food was average. They provided large plates but only with a few pieces of meat. I would go back so sit outside and catch a glimpse of the beautiful quiet lake. We ate here as Rick Steve's recommended the restaurant in his best of Europe 2011 guidebook.

4  Thank kimcheer84

Reviewed 22 October 2012

Pumpkin soup was one of the daily specials, and it was delicious. The rest of our food was fine, but not outstanding. Portions were large and none of us were able to finish it all. Service was prompt and friendly. The outside courtyard overlooking the lake would be my #1 reason to return.

1  Thank LMRah
Reviewed 8 October 2012

My wife and me visited to Hallstatt at 14, 15 Sep, we met some new friends and two of them were staying with Gasthof Simony, therefore we decided to give a try here fo dinner.

It is having a lake side, old door area the view is great and we love it so much.

It wasn't much surprise on the quality of food, we ordered 5-6 dishes, tastes were fair but not great, portions were a little bit small, service was fair too. (that was 8.30pm at evening but all customer had gone and everybody working staff seems about to off......)

I might not choose this restaurant if I will vist Hallstatt again....

Reviewed 24 September 2012

We had a reservation for this restaurant and were still asked to wait about 20 minutes for a table. The weather was beautiful, so we didn't mind relaxing in a chair by the lake for a little bit. Once seated, our drinks and dinner were served promptly. My husband had the beef with onions and potato croquettes, and I had the goulash with bread dumpling. The beef with onions was tough but had good flavor. I felt the goulash was a very hearty portion and could not finish it all. It was well seasoned and not too spicy.

Overall, the dining experience was okay. The view is wonderful, but the food quality has room for improvement. Perhaps we were spoiled by dining next door the previous evening.

Reviewed 27 August 2012

Really enjoyed the food here. Sadly it was a miserable day otherwise it would have been amazing to sit outside - the view is incredible. We had delicious food and the service was very good. Would recommend the garlic soup and the large goulash (small one only comes with a few pieces of meat!) - very yummy!

1  Thank SWIEN