“Cozy environment and food is okay”

Gasthof Simony Restaurant am See
Ranked #9 of 21 Restaurants in Hallstatt
Cuisines: Austrian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 July 2013

It's cozy and warm. Food is okay. Nice service but the waitress's English is not good enough for communication. Big portion with much french fries.

1  Thank Carrie L

Reviewed 2 June 2013

Very interesting "marriage" of ingredients. I tasted the chicken breast with bacon and tagliatelle with Gorgonzola sauce. I was very pleasantly satisfied as I had not great expectations from a restaurant in a highly touristic area, but Simony restaurant was a really nice finish on our day excursion to Hallstatt. People on the restaurant were very helpful and extremely polite for an Austrian restaurant.

Reviewed 24 May 2013

The Food was good. We showed up a bit early I presume, because we seated ourselves, after not being seated, then waited for service. So I don't know if this is normal or not, but once we were recognized, as guests we were served and the food was good.

Reviewed 2 November 2012

The scenery was absolutely breathtaking while sitting outside. It was very peaceful. My husband and I were the only ones sitting outside for awhile but soon after others started to take note. The beer was good and the food was average. They provided large plates but only with a few pieces of meat. I would go back so sit outside and catch a glimpse of the beautiful quiet lake. We ate here as Rick Steve's recommended the restaurant in his best of Europe 2011 guidebook.

4  Thank kimcheer84
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Pumpkin soup was one of the daily specials, and it was delicious. The rest of our food was fine, but not outstanding. Portions were large and none of us were able to finish it all. Service was prompt and friendly. The outside courtyard overlooking the lake would be my #1 reason to return.

1  Thank LMRah