“Bag staff”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hallstatt
Braugasthof Lobisser Gasthof
Ranked #5 of 16 Hallstatt B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 December 2008

I have no pass any night at this hostel because they lost my reservatión two times, first by mail, sending de credit card number and second by phone. I spoke direcctly by phone when 2 weeks before the trip they don't answer my mails. They had lost my reservation and I give my name and credit card again. When I arrive they have book the roon to another person, and they say that I didn't give the card number, that was a lie.

I don't recomend this place because it is unconfortable arrive to an hotel and find that another one has your roon.

• Stayed: October 2008

Reviewed 17 June 2008

Spent 2 nights in May 08. Comfortable room (not huge), balcony with a stunning view of the lakes and mountains, bathroom was tiny. (anyone more than a bit overweight may not fit through the shower door). Up three flights of a narrow winding staircase - no elevator. (but easily manageable for most). Rooms and hallways are full of neat antiques adding a very nice touch. Breakfast was excellent in an elegant bright room. Ate dinner on their outdoor patio twice and it too was excellent. Staff were all friendly and helpful. Add to all of this the charming village of Hallstatt and this is a WINNER!. Price for the two of us was 84E per night..

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RND22
Reviewed 21 November 2007

This quaint little Bed and Breakfast has a wonderful view from the rooms. This facility is very old, has lovely antiques, and quite charming. The staff was friendly & helpful. Our double room, no balcony but an exquisite view, could have used a bit more cleaning on the floors, but the bathroom was very clean and the bed comfortable. We were only there 1 day, but the perfect weather and beautiful fall colors made this the perfect visit. We had a lakeside lunch at our hotel, and for dinner I had the best pork meal of my life at Gasthof Zauner's. In the morning for breakfast, what a delight to walk into the dining area to just baked warm bread and a great selection of other items.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank nemahbin
Reviewed 21 October 2007

Great location, only 3 minutes walk from the main ferry and town square, overlooking the lake. The double room with bath was neat and clean, wonderful lake view from the window and small balcony on the 2nd floor. The rate was 84 euros which seemed to be less that other comparable hotels. Frau Lobisser is friendly and competent as was the rest of the staff. The restaurant was excelllent. Also features a lakeside eating area in nice weather. Lots of atmosphere in this ancient converted brewery. Hallstatt is a delightful walkabout town of about 1200 with its houses cascading down the hillside to the lakeshore. Saltmine tour is interesting if you don't mind the long hike up to it or the cable car just south of town is much quicker. Hallstatt is a jumping off point for the lower and higher Dachstein area. The waterfall above the town is just a 30 minute hike, starting just beyond the Beinhaus at the Catholic Church. Some people say there is only enough to see and do to stay 1 night but we stayed 2 and could have stayed another. A beautiful place. It ranks right up there with Rothenburg and Lauterbrunnen for us.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank houdie
Reviewed 21 October 2007

We almost cancelled our side trip to Hallstatt because of the weather forecast – and are so glad that we didn’t! Even in the rain, Hallstatt is a romantic place in the summer, and our room at the Braugasthof made us enjoy it even more.

From the moment we arrived, I knew we had picked the best place to stay in Hallstatt. You have to go in the doorway to the right of the main restaurant entrance, and up a flight of steps to the first floor to the reception area, where a friendly black cat is often sleeping on the register.

We booked a balcony room several months in advance for our visit. It was on the top floor – 3 flights to lug our bags up with no elevator, but it was so worth it! The house is very old and full of antiques. Creaky wooden floors and skeleton keys add to the charm. But far from seeming dusty or old, everything gleamed!

Our room was one of those with an actual double bed (rather than 2 singles pushed together as with most of our hotels in Europe). The bathroom was small but adequate and extremely clean. The opening to the shower is pretty tight and would not be suitable for larger people.

The balcony was private and nicely sized, with a drop-dead gorgeous view of the lake and mountains. We also had a good view of the street below and the outdoor part of Braugasthof’s restaurant. When we took our naps after some hiking, the sounds from people dining outside at the restaurant drifted up to us, but their voices sounded distant and it was somehow very pleasant.

It was nice having a roof over the balcony, as it was protected it when it rained (luckily it cleared up by late mornings so we could hike). But Hallstatt is even beautiful in the rain – as long as you have a beautiful lake view from your bed!

Although we tried other restaurants in town, we enjoyed eating at the Braugasthof best – both outside and inside are very nice: outside you are right on the water; the inside is full of unusual antiques and very comfortable. They also have a late afternoon menu if you miss the usual lunchtime at other restaurants. And unlike some of the other restaurants in town, we found all of the waitstaff to be extremely friendly. They have menus in English, but the German menu has more offerings so it is helpful to ask for both of them. The Tagesmenu is a good value for a 3-course meal (soup, main course, dessert) as well as a nice way to try out new things.

We checked out a couple of the other rooms on the top floor just to compare them with ours. Some of them have pretty four-posted double beds, and the room that was noted in other reviews to have an apparently non-private balcony (with stuff stored beside it) is actually a triple (it has a four-posted bed and a single bed), so it is larger. That balcony looks out the side but you can still see the lake. I don’t think anyone else would come out there because everyone on that floor has their own balcony.

Obviously, our experience was a very positive one, but I think our photos say it all!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
4  Thank GreenMermaid
Reviewed 2 September 2007

When I booked this hotel there were not many reviews. I lived in Germany for 2 years and have traveled all over the place. So I am use to European standards. I booked a balcony room with a view of the lake. I was very disappointed with the room I was given. It was a shared balcony with junk all over it (old sink, old doors, surf board). The balcony was used as a storage area for old junk. Also it only had a partial view of the lake. I posted pictures of the balcony to prove my point. Check in was okay once I found the lady that runs the place. At first I walked into the restaurant because I couldn't find a reception area. The waiter looked at me like I was crazy when I asked if this was the hotel or not (I asked in German and English). The sleeping area itself was okay but the bathroom was tiny. I've stayed at a lot of old hotels with small bathrooms but this was insane. I am 5'10" 160lbs and anybody bigger than me wouldn't fit in the shower. It was that small. The TV had a good selection of channels. My bed was fine for the night. The next morning we showed up for our scheduled breakfast time. Half of the stuff was gone already and was not being replaced. There was at least an hour left in the breakfast time. One other group next to us was complaining that the lady got kind of mad when they asked for some more bread. The food that was left was very good. I will not be returning here. We ate at Zauner the one night we were there. Although I didn't see any rooms the building itself and staff were much better.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
5  Thank chk6499
Reviewed 10 August 2007

Apparently Braugasthof has been in the family for generations. Whilst the family were very nice, it seems as though they are tired of being in the hotel business. We enjoyed a lovely stay but this hotel needs a thorough cleaning, followed by some investment. We wondered if they have come to rely on the truly awe inspiring view to ensure happy guests?

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank Dreblowski
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hallstatt
Heritage Hotel Hallstatt
#3 of 16 in Hallstatt
Gruner Anger
Gruner Anger
#1 of 16 in Hallstatt

Been to Braugasthof Lobisser Gasthof? Share your experiences!