“Excellent Restaurant!!”
Review of Gasthof Zauner

Gasthof Zauner
Ranked #4 of 20 Restaurants in Hallstatt
Cuisines: Austrian, European, Central European
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Excellent Restaurant!!”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We thorougly enjoyed our dinner at Gasthof Zauner. My wife ordered fish (caught locally) and I ordered a meat dish. Preparation of food , quality and service were excellent. Quaint restaurant-highly recommended!

• Visited May 2014

• Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Cool, California
“Excellent Food and Service!”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Despite my problems with the hotel, we had dinner both nights here and the food and service were excellent. The first night I had the grilled trout and hubby and the mixed grill. Leslie, our waiter, made suggestions for house wines that paired nicely with our dinners. It's really nice to have house wines that are of this quality! For desert, we shared the fritters that had elderberry flowers in them. The second evening, we both had the Casanova Medallions (pork medallions with gorgonzola) - excellent!! We would definitely eat here again. Reservations recommended!!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank EcoLogic2
Hong Kong, China
“Great restaurant for dinner in Hallstatt”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Went to this place for its good reviews in Tripadvisor. Was totally not disappointed!

Service was good, friendly waiter.
We had fish which was nicely done.
Also had their tasty wine as well.
Dessert was their salzburger special, delicious!

• Visited June 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
“Amazing dishes!!”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

I loved my Zaunerstern or Zauner's Star. Every piece of meat was cooked perfectly the way I told them I'd like. The taste was great with good balance of seasonings!

2 Thank Angeereindeer
Aptos, California
“Wonderful evening!”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We just had a most lovely dinner/evening at Gausthof Zauner. I had the smoked fish appetizer which was divine: lightly smoked so the essence of the fish was not lost. I even tried the horseradish - and it was hot! But the yogurt sauce helped. My Schnitzel was the best we have had among us this week: crispy on the outside but the pork cutlet very tender inside. My husband enjoyed his mixed meats skewer along with his venison appetizer. Our friend's pork was ok but the vegetables and Gorgonzola sauce on the noodles were delicious.
Our waiter ("Leslie" a translation into English) was such a gentleman. Answered our questions about the menu, even going to the kitchen to get an answer. And he was so proud of the 120 + history of the restaurant! showing us pictures and telling us about it all. Very, very nice evening. So cold and wet out, - warmed us in another way!

• Visited May 2014