Hotel Zur Lokomotive
ibis Linz City(Linz)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$152
US$146
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Harry's Home Hotel Linz(Linz)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$86
Hotels.com
Great 4.5/5
Hotel Kolping(Linz)
US$97
US$89
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We got a roof above the restaurant. It was very noisy until late at night. We were very tired and wanted to sleep at 10pm, but despite using earplugs it was too noisy to sleep until after midnight. For 84 euro per night we also didn't consider it good value.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank DutchTravel9
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We were in Linz for only one night, but this was the perfect choice of hotel. The location is perfect - cross the street from the train station and within 2 tram station of the city center.
The room we got was nice, clean and comfortable - even if sleeping on the sofabed. Breakfast was excelent and taking our coffee on the small terrace was the perfect start of the day.
We were sorry to leave. We will definitely be back there!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank Andra C
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Quiet location a few minutes walk from the station. The city centre is a few tram stops the other side of the station. Very friendly staff. I enjoyed the buffet breakfast. My room was very clean and the bathroom looked as though it had been recently refurbished. This was my fifth visit - planning to return in 20014

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank ALANMaidenhead
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I arrived early, not at Linz but at Wels some 12km away after the train attendant woke me after a night on 6 berth couchette compartment. Sheer hell in a high temperature with the only place for luggage on the berth! No wonder I was in a hurry to get off. I paid a taxi dearly to get me to the hotel in Linz at 7.00 in the morning. My room was not available, I thought, until 2.00pm, but I had contacted them earlier to say I would arrive early and could they take my luggage. Your room is ready now I was informed. For no extra cost I was able to take a shower, change, sleep a little and enjoy a day in Linz. It was a clean and comfortable room, and the one evening meal I had was fine. This is a small family run hotel at a reasonable price with a good attitude to their guests,

Room Tip: Mine was on the 3rd floor, roomy and comfortable en suite.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Triel1429
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Easy to reach from the Hauptbahnhof, just pass to the left of the Ibis Hotel, turn right and there it is .The hotel has an Italian restaurant and no one could think of an Austrian restaurant, I couldn't find one either. I caught a tram (1/2/3) to the Hauptplatz, purchase a 24 hour Maxitiket for 4.00 Euros. Down a passage way is "El Greco", a Greek restaurant where , much to my surprise, I enjoyed a very good sole (the menu had English sub-titles). While my bedroom was quiet I didn't have a good nights sleep as the bed had only a duvet, either too hot or too cold. Breakfast was from 06:30 which could be useful if you had an early train to catch. the selection of food was first class. I would use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Room 445 had the sink in the next bedroom imedialty behind my bed wall.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo