“Very convenient overnight hotel”

Hotel Zur Lokomotive
Ranked #19 of 31 Hotels in Linz
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I have stayed here several times as I always arrive by train and for that it is a very easy five minute walk from the station as well described elsewhere in these reviews. The welcome is good, check in and out quick, the rooms perfectly adequate but a bit gloomy
at the back though there it is at least quieter. The wifi was working fine in my room even if a bit slow but you needed another password for the restaurant Michaelangelo and by the way turn left when you go to eat as all the smokers are in the room to the right! The meals in the restaurant are Italian style and the breakfast gets you going well for the day but the soft boiled eggs get cold very quickly so best to wait till a new supply arrives or fry your own in the pan provided!! I haven't been and stayed in the city centre but I am sure it will be more expensive there and probably not the same value as the Lokomotiv!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank doversole
There are newer reviews for Hotel Zur Lokomotive

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Stayed in the Linz Lokomotive hotel a few weeks ago.

Good location from the main HBF just next to the IBIS.

Warm welcome when arrived but that thats the only positive.

Got the room key and went to the room via the lift ,

Strong smell of smoke in the corridor ,

Room absolutely stunk of a nasty smelly drain smell. Was coming from the bathroom plug holes we worked out so slept with the window wide open all night.

Room was very basic and so was the bathroom.

NO WIFI at all

Breakfast very basic as well . Also most of the plates and bowels was dirty.

If you are staying in the area you are probably better off paying a bit more to stay in the Ibis.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Andy P
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We got a roof above the restaurant. It was very noisy until late at night. We were very tired and wanted to sleep at 10pm, but despite using earplugs it was too noisy to sleep until after midnight. For 84 euro per night we also didn't consider it good value.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank DutchTravel9
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We were in Linz for only one night, but this was the perfect choice of hotel. The location is perfect - cross the street from the train station and within 2 tram station of the city center.
The room we got was nice, clean and comfortable - even if sleeping on the sofabed. Breakfast was excelent and taking our coffee on the small terrace was the perfect start of the day.
We were sorry to leave. We will definitely be back there!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank Andra C
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Quiet location a few minutes walk from the station. The city centre is a few tram stops the other side of the station. Very friendly staff. I enjoyed the buffet breakfast. My room was very clean and the bathroom looked as though it had been recently refurbished. This was my fifth visit - planning to return in 20014

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank ALANMaidenhead
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I arrived early, not at Linz but at Wels some 12km away after the train attendant woke me after a night on 6 berth couchette compartment. Sheer hell in a high temperature with the only place for luggage on the berth! No wonder I was in a hurry to get off. I paid a taxi dearly to get me to the hotel in Linz at 7.00 in the morning. My room was not available, I thought, until 2.00pm, but I had contacted them earlier to say I would arrive early and could they take my luggage. Your room is ready now I was informed. For no extra cost I was able to take a shower, change, sleep a little and enjoy a day in Linz. It was a clean and comfortable room, and the one evening meal I had was fine. This is a small family run hotel at a reasonable price with a good attitude to their guests,

Room Tip: Mine was on the 3rd floor, roomy and comfortable en suite.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Triel1429
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Easy to reach from the Hauptbahnhof, just pass to the left of the Ibis Hotel, turn right and there it is .The hotel has an Italian restaurant and no one could think of an Austrian restaurant, I couldn't find one either. I caught a tram (1/2/3) to the Hauptplatz, purchase a 24 hour Maxitiket for 4.00 Euros. Down a passage way is "El Greco", a Greek restaurant where , much to my surprise, I enjoyed a very good sole (the menu had English sub-titles). While my bedroom was quiet I didn't have a good nights sleep as the bed had only a duvet, either too hot or too cold. Breakfast was from 06:30 which could be useful if you had an early train to catch. the selection of food was first class. I would use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Room 445 had the sink in the next bedroom imedialty behind my bed wall.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo