“Good hotel, restaurant, sauna and swimming pool”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Parkhotel Styria

Parkhotel Styria
Parkhotel Styria
Ranked #2 of 8 Steyr B&B and Inns
Turin, Italy
“Good hotel, restaurant, sauna and swimming pool”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I was in this hotel for two nights, in a business trip. It's a little far from the city center, but with a car this is not a problem, Steyr is not a big town.
My room was very large and comfortable, with a bathroom with both a shower and a tub.
There's an internal swimming pool with sauna, very quiet and comfortable.
The restaurant was good.
Only negative point: they had a problem with wi-fi, so I could not use internet. The staff said it was a temporary problem.
For sure I'll come back if I would have to go to Steyr again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Gothenburg, Sweden
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

I had a 3 night stay at the Parkhotel Styria on a business trip. To summarise: I had a perfectly good visit and will most likely return. Details below.

The hotel has a pleasant overall atmosphere and staff are welcoming. Location wise it is just outside the very central part of Steyr, for my trip this had lesser influence though.

After having been assigned to a "non smoking room", that turned out to be smoky, I was (I think) bumped up to what looks like one of the larger rooms at the hotel. The quality was perfectly good with rustic furniture, although perhaps a bit on the sparse side. ALso, for my liking, the bed was a bit on the hard side. This room was situated in the "Guesthouse" (annex) and I one of the downsides of this is that the WIFI signal is extremely poor. The balcony and the view were nice bonuses however.

I enjoyed one dinner at the restaurant and booth food and service was of good quality. The breakfast buffet is not extravagant but will satisfy most (the assortment is quite on par with the size of the hotel). Coffee was surprisingly good (usually one of my main gripes when travelling in central Europe, UK, US,etc.).

All in all the Parkhotel provides value for your money and I would not hesitate to return, just need to make sure the room I get really is non-smoking.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms in the "guesthouse" offer balconies or patios with a view. The WIFI seem...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

The rooms are clean - but that is the only positive thing to say. It is called "Parkhotel" but there is no park nearby. Location is for Steyr not the best - other hotels are more close to the city or in a better neighborhood. The rooms are loud - you can hear everything from the neighbor rooms. Actually I went to their restaurant for dinner as there is no other choice nearby. This was a terrible experience staff wise. Staff was not trained at all, very unprofessional. They talked about that they did not like the guests before in front of other guests. Never experiences something like that before.

Avoid!

Room Tip: Reception told me that booking through platforms is more expansive than booking directly. Never tell...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Steyr hotels

Vienna, Austria
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2012

I think the Parkhotel is the best option if you had to stay in Steyr for one or more nights. They have a restaurant there (good and you will like it because it is some minutes to walk to the town center), the breakfast ist good and the service also. But don't expect something special

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Appenzell, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

The hotel is old but has been refurbished. However, it was really shoddy, for example, although I had enough power outlets in my room, ony half of them worked... There is no internet and the lounge is a smoking area. The breakfast room looks shabby, too.
Service is not great, as it generally is bad in Austria.
But there are positive things, so
- take G rooms, the are very large, have three chairs and a terrace
- the pool and the mini spa are brand new and look really nice
- the restaurant is good.

Room Tip: Take aroom in the G annex
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank philosion
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2011

While I had staid in this hotel some years ago I was not expecting much from this stay. Unable to get into one of my first choice hotels, my agent booked this one. I checked the "Trip Advisor" reviews and then had concerns that the hotel had changed since my last visit. Well, I was unexpectedly surprised and can report that during my stay there was none of the lacking of service experienced by others.

This hotel is located about a 15 minute walk outside the old town centre of Steyr, and is located beside, but not serviced from, one of the main roads out of town. You also pass under the railway lines as you approach it from town. All of which does not give such a good impression. However once there you find a modern building that is adequately maintained. There is limited parking on the hotel grounds, but there is also an overflow car part close by. On the lower floor there is a small swimming pool. Quiet a surprise for a hotel in this area.

For me there was no delay in checking in and the greeting was cordial in good English.

My room was located facing the main road, but the traffic noise never proved a distraction, nor was I woken by it. This room was large. It had it's own walk in dressing room, lounge, bedroom and bathroom! Not my normal level of accommodation when I am away! The room was clean, and although not in the flush of youth was well maintained. My only real criticism was the lingering smell of cigarette smoke. While this was not strong it was a continuing underlying annoyance to this non smoker.

I did not eat in the restaurant in the evening, but did take breakfast. This was a cold only selection of local breads, meats, and cheeses, cereals, fruit etc. All self service.

Overall this was a good stay. I would have no hesitation to stay again unless I knew I had to walk into town when the weather was bad. I suppose there are always taxis somewhere! It was an unexpected surprise this one.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Muchtravelled1
Greece
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

On the Intternet this hotel might seem ok but trust me it is not....it is just for old folks groups, very old, terrible service, a very long walk from the town center, no point in staying there.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple