“Met all our expectations” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
BEST WESTERN PLUS Amedia Hotel Graz
Ranked #12 of 75 Hotels in Graz
Zoersel Belgium
“Met all our expectations”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

A nice, modern hotel, well organised, friendly staff and close to the centre of Graz. The base room is rather small but comfortable. Good quality beds. The bathroom is nice. The shower is combined with the bath with a relatively steep step-in. Clean underground parking. Bus/tram opposite the hotel. 10' walking distance to centre of town but public transport in Graz is cheap. Nice breakfast. Internet is free but very slow.

Room Tip: Our room was on the backside, away from the street. No "view" but very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Amedia H, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Amedia Hotel Graz, responded to this review, 11 May 2013
Dear guest,

we are delighted to read your kind review regarding our hotel. We will pass your nice comments to all our staff.

We are looking forward welcoming you again at our hotel.

Kind regards

Birgit Amerhauser
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel, nice room, good location and friendly staff.
The only bad part was the wireless, it was working really bad both on iPad and iPhone.
The breakfast was good and the room was pretty warm
I stopped in the bar for a drink before going to sleep, I found that a but expensive but it's ok... Hotel bars are never convenient.

Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
County Antrim
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

I booked this hotel for one night based on other trip advisor reviews and I was not disappointed. This is a modern hotel and it is chic and comfortable. Good wifi which is essential for me when I am working as I was on this trip. The breakfast was good and the staff were very friendly. They gave me a good recommendation for a Chinese restaurant ( Golden Apple) abotu 5 minutes away. As a sole traveller I was very happy and safe here.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
San Diego
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

I stayed here on my second week in Graz and I was surprised by how nice of a hotel it was. The outside was a bit "blocky" and the inside was a bit sterile. I think it depends on your personal preference. The location was a bit far from the city center but I enjoyed the 15 minute walk every day.

The room was great! It was a bit smaller than my room at the other hotel. However, I felt that the bed and pillows were super comfortable. The decor was all red and black with some yellow. Its loud but I didn't mind it. Overall, I felt that this was the best room I stayed in during my 2 weeks in Austria.

The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful. Everything that I asked for was done immediately. They were friendly enough to ask about my day and also to make sure that I know where I'm going. I feel that the staff are the big pros of staying at this hotel. I should also point out that calling the US from the hotel room is free. I didn't try it myself but it seemed like a very nice perk.

Now for the cons. The wireless internet was quite bad at night. Strangely enough, I also experienced it at my other hotel. The hotel did not seem to be packed so I'm not sure what the issue is. Fortunately, it wasn't critical and I just went to bed early. The internet was much better in the morning. Another con is that there were no printers by the public computers so to print my boarding pass, I had to e-mail the hotel. A slight inconvenience.

Overall, I would definitely stay at the Amedia Hotel again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Viterbo, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

Modern and well equipped hotel, it has got all the comfort you need: tv set, wifi, computer, free telephone. Its position allows you to reach the city centre in 5 minutes: you can go by tram (the tram stop is in front of the hotel) or on foot. The staff was very friendly and allowed us to park the car in the hotel car parking. What is more continental breakfast was very reach!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

The hotel is rather new and on the overall an OK experience. Price vs. quality is very good. Free wireless and phone calls within Europe are a plus. Though the hotel looked on the overall reasonably clean, finding dirty clothes from a previous guest on the floor in my room made me very skeptical. Food is low-average.
The hotel is on a busy street with easy access to the city center, by tram or walking. However, should I go to Graz as a tourist, I would probably choose to stay in a more central location.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2011

The hotel is only a 15-20-minute walk from the center of Graz. Our room was OK - tidy & clean with the proper equipment, making guests' stay comfy & enjoyable. We especially liked the nice tub in the bathroom.. :)
Breakfasts offer a highly diversified supply of food - it's impossible to leave from there hungry! :)
The only problem is that they let pets (like stinky vile rat-like dogs) enter the restaurant with their owners, which seriously reduces the level of the appropriate level of service.
Unfortunately an extra fee is charged for parking your car (10 euros per day), but since collecting buckets of money for parking is a good source of revenue for local bodies in Graz, it is not that surprising.
As for the 'media' part: Internet connection was a bit erratic while we were there. There is a possibility to call different countries for free of charge, but be careful: if you call cell phone numbers, you have to pay!
All in all, Hotel Amedia is a rather proper place to stay when in Graz...

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple