“Excellent Hotel for visiting Graz”

Best Western Plus Amedia Graz
Ranked #12 of 75 Hotels in Graz
Graz
“Excellent Hotel for visiting Graz”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Nice, very clean room. big room and bathroom. room very silent - no noises! good breakfast. The hotel service is great - very friendly and try to make your stay as comfortable as possible! Good location - you can reach the city center within some minutes by feet, but there is also a tram directly in front of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Good business hotel, close to center (tram stop just outside), great for fair access. Smallish but all new and very clean rooms. Very roomy shower. All the expected amenities of a business hotel. Very good breakfast. Very friendly staff.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank traveling_geek_14
Amedia H, Manager at Best Western Plus Amedia Graz, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Dear guest,

thank you very much for your nice feedback regarding your stay at AMEDIA Hotel Graz.
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your recommendation.

We wish you all the best and send kind regards from Graz,

Hoteldirektorin
Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

This a very clean efficient hotel, free telephone calls to landlines and free wifi with a code from reception. Staff are friendly especially Corinna and Lucia who are always smiling. Breakfast is ok, with a nice selection. It lacks charm but that's not its claim, perfect for a work related stop over in Graz. Car parking under the hotel, very small gym and sauna.

• Stayed May 2013
Amedia H, Manager at Best Western Plus Amedia Graz, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Dear guest,

thank you very much for your feedback regarding our AMEDIA Hotel Graz.

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and recommend our hotel for business trips to Graz. Furthermore we would like to mention that we informed our staff about your positive feedback!

We once again thank you for your feedback and we would be pleased welcoming you again at AMEDIA Hotel Graz

Kind regards

Hotel Manager
Zoersel Belgium
Reviewed 9 May 2013

A nice, modern hotel, well organised, friendly staff and close to the centre of Graz. The base room is rather small but comfortable. Good quality beds. The bathroom is nice. The shower is combined with the bath with a relatively steep step-in. Clean underground parking. Bus/tram opposite the hotel. 10' walking distance to centre of town but public transport in Graz is cheap. Nice breakfast. Internet is free but very slow.

Room Tip: Our room was on the backside, away from the street. No "view" but very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Amedia H, Manager at Best Western Plus Amedia Graz, responded to this review, 11 May 2013
Dear guest,

we are delighted to read your kind review regarding our hotel. We will pass your nice comments to all our staff.

We are looking forward welcoming you again at our hotel.

Kind regards

Hotel Manager
Reviewed 26 February 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel, nice room, good location and friendly staff.
The only bad part was the wireless, it was working really bad both on iPad and iPhone.
The breakfast was good and the room was pretty warm
I stopped in the bar for a drink before going to sleep, I found that a but expensive but it's ok... Hotel bars are never convenient.

Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
County Antrim
Reviewed 4 October 2012

I booked this hotel for one night based on other trip advisor reviews and I was not disappointed. This is a modern hotel and it is chic and comfortable. Good wifi which is essential for me when I am working as I was on this trip. The breakfast was good and the staff were very friendly. They gave me a good recommendation for a Chinese restaurant ( Golden Apple) abotu 5 minutes away. As a sole traveller I was very happy and safe here.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
San Diego
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I stayed here on my second week in Graz and I was surprised by how nice of a hotel it was. The outside was a bit "blocky" and the inside was a bit sterile. I think it depends on your personal preference. The location was a bit far from the city center but I enjoyed the 15 minute walk every day.

The room was great! It was a bit smaller than my room at the other hotel. However, I felt that the bed and pillows were super comfortable. The decor was all red and black with some yellow. Its loud but I didn't mind it. Overall, I felt that this was the best room I stayed in during my 2 weeks in Austria.

The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful. Everything that I asked for was done immediately. They were friendly enough to ask about my day and also to make sure that I know where I'm going. I feel that the staff are the big pros of staying at this hotel. I should also point out that calling the US from the hotel room is free. I didn't try it myself but it seemed like a very nice perk.

Now for the cons. The wireless internet was quite bad at night. Strangely enough, I also experienced it at my other hotel. The hotel did not seem to be packed so I'm not sure what the issue is. Fortunately, it wasn't critical and I just went to bed early. The internet was much better in the morning. Another con is that there were no printers by the public computers so to print my boarding pass, I had to e-mail the hotel. A slight inconvenience.

Overall, I would definitely stay at the Amedia Hotel again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business