“OK to terrible!”

Neighbourhood: Lend
Mainz, Germany
“OK to terrible!”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

When we lived in Graz in 2009, this was one of our favorite Asian restaurants - in GrazGraz - as it's difficult to find good Asian food here. Back for a visit this year, either our tastes changed or the quality has suffered. I got a ramen soup with Udon, which was a literal soy sauce and oil broth! It was awful. The veggies were not fresh either. I also got a mini sushi tray and jt was very good except the maki had miniscule amount of fish - it was nearly all rice wrapped in seaweed. My husband got the fried duck. It was dry and tough, and the sauce was pretty much thickened soy sauce
He said it wasn't as good as a couple years ago. They've switched to mainlya buffet, which we ddidn't get because it's way overpriced. The service and atmosphere are great. It's located conveniently at a street train stop, just behind the art museum.

• Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Graz, Austria
“Good for those who don't know how real Chinese food is”
Reviewed 6 January 2012

The food is really good for those who do not know how tastety Chinese food really is. You could see loads of dishes (for Buffet) there to try out, but the taste of the food is completely so-so, for those who ever experienced the real yummy Chinese food.

• Visited July 2011
Iseo
“Flies in the soya sauce”
Reviewed 1 May 2010

It is an all you can eat restaurant style, externally it seems to be a modern place, inside it’s worse than an industry canteen.
Waiters are kind and when you enter, they explain you all the different solutions, from the all you can eat to the various dishes and sauces described on a different menu.
Raw food can also be taken directly from several bowls just near the entrance (Chinese food, vegetables, fish, squib, sushi, etc). Unfortunately we discovered that on vegetables there was some ants, may be the salad was very fresh.. or just not clean..
Anyway we chose the all you can eat and therefore we served directly from these bowls, you take what you want and a guy cooks all on an hot plate. Cooked food taken from these bowls is normal, nothing special, chinese style I would say. I took also some sushi, but when I poured the soy sauce I saw something strange, in fact there was some small dark object inside: soon I discovered that they were flies!! I stopped immediately and I called the waiter showing him that fantastic surprise. His answer: it’s normal, soy sauce is sweet and therefore flies like it! Perfect, the bill please.. I didn’t want to discover that cats like fish, mouse meat, etc..!
Just before paying the bill, about 15 euro, they tried to offer me spirits, thank you, but at least I wouldn’t have to pay!
Avoid!!