“It's so nice I go there every year.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Parkhotel Graz

Parkhotel Graz
Ranked #9 of 75 Hotels in Graz
Torquay, United Kingdom
“It's so nice I go there every year.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012 via mobile

Spotless and lovely, in a traditional Austrian way, which has to be good. I go to Graz every year for work and I have never considered anywhere else.
Breakfast is great although the restaurant is only OK, especially on terms of value vs quality.
I love the hotel, its rooms and atmosphere+ staff are great.
My only gripe: wifi should be free in rooms (it is free on a communal computer, though). Looking forward to going back there next month.

• Stayed December 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ParkhotelGraz, Geschäftsführer at Parkhotel Graz, responded to this review, 12 November 2012
Dear Parkhotel guest,

We want to say Thank You for taking the time and telling future guests how great your stay was with us. It is guests like you that make us want to be the best we can be. Our number one goal is to make sure each and every guest feels at home.

Regarding WIFI in our rooms it seems that there was i a little misunderstanding. We don't know what made you think that we charge for the internet access in our rooms but I can assure you that WIFI has been FREE OF CHARGE in the entire hotel for more than half a year now.
We certainly want to apologize if this misunderstanding has happened due to any unclear information from our staff.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again at our hotel.

Yours Faithfully,

The Parkhotel Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Korean first
Lausanne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

I stayed at the Parkhotel for two nights recently. I didn't have much choice in terms of hotel, as the availability in the city was low due to a conference. However, I was not disappointed in the Parkhotel at all. I had a suite on the 3rd floor, comprising a small living room, with sofa, chair and TV, and a decent sized bedroom (also with TV) and bathroom.

The room was spotless, and the linen also. My room had a basket of "spa linen" containing a bath robe, high quality towels and slippers, which was nice. The bathroom was equipped with a shaving kit (razor included), toothbrush and toothpaste, shower cap, shoe shine sponge, sewing kit etc.

Breakfast was very good, a large buffet with good selection, especially fruit juices from the region and 3 varieties of local honey. There was also a range of meat and cheese, smoked salmon, cereals, bread rolls, yoghurt etc.

The spa area was very clean, with a small fitness center (I did not use this, just had a look) and 10m pool. The pool was nice, but the water wasn't exactly what you'd call warm. Good for waking you up in the morning though!

Overall, I gave this hotel 5 stars. The only downsides I found were that it's not exactly in the centre, but around 10-15 minutes walk from the Hauptplatz, and I experienced a rather bizarre effect where the remote control for the TV in the bedroom would activate the TV in the lounge, so I occasionally had to go and turn the other TV off when I was watching the one in the bedroom.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

My job takes me all across Europe and travelling is a big part of my life. After spending a day on a plane I value a hotel that appreciates my business and makes me feel welcome. At the Parkhotel, the service was very obliging and helpful, and my room was really comfortable and visually pleasing. What stood out the most was the quality of the restaurant. This hotel is embedded in the city’s historic centre and unlike many other hotels the management here remains true to its historic environment. The result is a harmonious atmosphere and a place that feels a bit like a home away from home.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank EU_T_BOARD
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

I did choose this hotel after reading about it here. I will Never use trip advisor to find s hotel again. I usually travel 200 days pr year, and use club carlson hotels where they are available. This nightmare of a hotel must be a bad joke. Dirty, old carpets, expensive. They charge you extra for everything. They avt like they are hilton, but is unprofessional to the fingertips. I have nothing positive to say about this stay other than; avoid this hotel if you can. I stayed 2 nights at the Weisler hotel, and they delivered exellent service, clean rooms and s nice brekfast

• Stayed February 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Baronmozarella
GrazParkhotel, Geschäftsführer at Parkhotel Graz, responded to this review, 15 February 2012
Dear Parkhotel Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience. We feel sorry that your stay at our hotel was such a great disappointment. Customer satisfaction is our absolute priority and that's why we take every complaint very seriously. We see every review as an opportunity to learn from our mistakes and constantly strive to improve.
Therefore it would be very helpful for us if you could be more precise with your explanations. In which room did you stay in? What have you been charged for that made your stay more expensive than expected? etc.

Again, we feel very sorry that we obviously disappointed you.

However, I hope you excuse us and give us another opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Kind regards,

The hotel's management

For further information please contact: romantik@parkhotel-graz.at
Zagreb, Croatia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2011

This hotel was beyond anything I could expect: extremely warm and snug, big and wonderfully decorated rooms, free parking and few minutes walk from the city centre. Rooms were very clean and beautiful scent overwhelms you as soon as you enter into the room. The only thing that I was not delighted about was the espresso... Bed was also extremly comforatble.

Room Tip: Room that I have stayed in was 362.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank svjetlana08
Wiesbaden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2011

Very comfortable hotel, large room, friendly service, ample breakfast and free car parking - a great bonus as it is only 10 minutes on foot to the town centre. Excellent sound-proof double windows to the front. Would certainly stay there again. The business centre is more of a business corner with a single PC, but its use is free.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank UncleBill34
Sligo, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

Although the hotel is within easy walking distance of the city centre it is located in a pleasant and quiet area of the city. There is a taxi rank across the street and a tram stop less than 50 meters from the hotel front door. Trams go in both directions.

The lobby is charming and spacious with plenty of seating and easy access to the lift. Check-in was a fast and pleasant experience. The front office staff are very helpful and speak excellent English. There is a wonderful old world feel to the hotel.

Watch out for the handrail on the stairs as it is shaky.

The room was spacious and comfortable. It had a double-door for extra quietness. The ceilings were high. The bed was large and comfortable. The room contained a room safe but unfortunately was not secure as the locking mechanism remained faulty even after an effort was made to repair it.

There was a well-stocked mini-bar bot no tea or coffee making facilities.

The room had a telephone, ample wardrobe space, two chairs, a desk with a lockable drawer, air-conditioning, flat-screen TV and pleasant lighting. There was also a basket with bathrobes, slippers and towels for personal use in the pool and spa area.

The bathroom was spotless with an impressive array of toiletries. The bath towels were a challenge as they were rough on the skin. The shower was easy to use and was located in the bath. The water temperature in the shower fluctuates especially in the morning.

Unpleasantly, there is a slight difference in height between the bedroom and the bathroom as the bathroom floor is slightly higher than than the bedroom but this is not easy to see and this could easily become a safety hazard for toes. It was easy to get a good night's sleep as traffic noises are virtually excluded by double windows which can be opened easily in case of emergency.

The buffet-style breakfast was excellent with a wide variety of yoghurt, fruits cereals, bread, ham and cheese is available.

The restaurant was staffed by warm and friendly people. Although the dinner menu remained the same each night there was a wide choice of food available. The portions are large and the service fast and efficient.

Checkout was as friendly and efficient as checking in. The room cost per night was a bit steep and breakfast was extra.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear are quieter
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business