“Sweet hotel”

Ranked #14 of 75 Hotels in Graz
Anaheim, California
“Sweet hotel”
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Sweet hotel. The location isnt so great, a bit far from center, but otherwise a good value for money.
Big rooms, clean, nice balconies and friendly staff (though a little to robotic for me).
However I really dont understand why we have to pay for parking in the hotel where we stay when its nt in the center.
If the weather is good, Graz is great, dont miss Schlossberg Park

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Talex2010
h2212_11, Manager at The Star Inn Hotel Graz, responded to this review, 13 September 2012
Dear Accor Traveller,

thanks for taking the time to post your impressions of your stay in out hotel.
I will share your comments with the entire team.

With refer to your comment, please be informed that there are also parking places on the street, but unfortunatelly they are also not free of charge. Therefore most of the guests use the garage, because its more comfortable.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one

Best regards
Tanja Jost

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I parked in ground floor garage.
Any time I use elevetor it stopped in the reception floor.
Open and close door and continued.
20 sec wasted time.

Have a nice day

Miroslav

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
h2212_11, Manager at The Star Inn Hotel Graz, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
Dear Accor Traveller,

thank you so much for taking time to post your impressions.
With refer to your comments I would like to explain, that the elevator stops in the ground floor for safety reasons.

I am very sorry, that you have lost some time, but it is our intention to provide our guests and the staff the highest security.

Once again we are very sorry, and hope that we will have the chance to welcome you again.

Best regards

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 5 July 2012

The hotel is located only a 3 minute walk from the tram stop, and it takes around 5-10 minutes to the city centre by tram. Otherwise it's also possible to walk, around 20 to 30 minutes.

It is very close to the Technical university (Infeldgasse street), within a walking distance.

The staff was friendly and professional. The room was spacious and clean.

The hotel restaurant was good too. The breakfast was a bit pricey when not included in the rate. There was a Billa supermarket just next door.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
, General Manager at The Star Inn Hotel Graz, responded to this review, 9 July 2012
Dear Accor Traveller,

thanks so much for taking the time to post your impressions.

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

We will share your comments with the entire team. Your feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Tanja Jost & Team
All over the place
Reviewed 28 May 2012

A very good place to stay in Graz, short walk into town with a supermarket next door and a cemetry behind the hotel, we had a peaceful night! We were happy to pay the 12 euro charge for parking in the hotel underground parking.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
h2212_11, General Manager at The Star Inn Hotel Graz, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
Dear Accor Traveller,

thank you very much for taking the time to post your impressions!

We are really looking forward to welcoming you again in our hotel.

San Diego
Reviewed 20 May 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at several Accor hotels before but they are usually the Ibis chain. I have heard many good things about the Mercure chain. This hotel was quite good. I wish tripadvisor allows me to give half stars because I feel that this hotel was more deserving of a 3.5 star.

I will start with the bad points. For a business hotel, the wireless internet was pathetic at night. In fact, I stopped using the internet at night because it just wouldn't work. It worked slightly better in the morning. The week I was there, the hotel was quite busy with folks from the EUCEN conference or something and I suspect it was due to that. It still reflects poorly on the hotel if their Internet gets overwhelmed by the number of guests. The other bad point is that it is 15 minutes from the city center if you walk. I loved the walk so this is not a big negative for me.

The Internet issue would have been a showstopper for me if not for the wonderful staff and the awesome breakfast. The service was impeccable and the staff was wonderful. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The rooms were also comfortable and well appointed. The alarm clock was integrated into the TV which was a bit strange to me but it worked well. I know it is strange to mention that but none of the other hotels in Austria had an alarm clock.

I would highly recommend this hotel if they can resolve their wireless Internet issues.

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank SANsna
h2212_11, General Manager at The Star Inn Hotel Graz, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Dear Accor Traveller,

I really want to thank you for taking the time to post your impressions.

First of all It is always a pleasure to recieve positive feedback, therefore please be assured that I will share your positive comments with the entire team.

Regarding the slow internet connection, the reason was, that all of the members from this event used the wifi at the same time. And that was the reason, that the internet was working slowly.

We are really looking forward to seeing you soon in our hotel.