“Not worth visiting” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Steak Boutique

Steak Boutique
Ranked #28 of 631 Restaurants in Graz
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Graz, Austria
“Not worth visiting”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We've heard so many good things about this restaurant so we decided to give it a try. Sadly, we were left disappointed.
The service was nice and friendly at the beginning but then we felt as if they had forgotten about our table. They did not ask if we wanted some more drinks or coffee or dessert, so we just asked for the bill.
When we were ready to order, the waiter explained about the different cuts and where the meat was coming from. We were a party of four and decided to order a variety of cuts to share. They brought the steaks cut up to our table but sadly, not cooked the way we wanted. The meat was not medium but rather medium rare, some parts even rare...This should not happen in a so-called steak house especially if the serve the meat cut up as they could clearly see that the meat was not cooked the way we had ordered it. Having said that, the quality of the meat was good.
The steak fries were rather soggy, the vegetables were ok, the green beans with bacon were a bit fat from the bacon. I alsmost forgot that we had crostini as a starter but they were really poor as well: 3 slices of toasted baguette next to three small bowls, one with chicken liver paté, one with cut up tomatoes and one with oil and garlic...
The guest room looks dated and was too hot when we visited. There was also live music, a guy playing cheesy songs on a keyboard, pretty annoying as we had a table right next to him. We wont come back again!

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

State College, Pennsylvania
“Austrian Steak House WIht USA and Austrian Beef”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

We stumbled across this restaurant during a walk around Old Town Graz. It turns out that it was actually located in the hotel at which were staying. I found I while walking around and stopping in for a predinning prosecco.This steakhouse actually has dry aged USA and Austrian beef with the refrigerated beef visible behind the small bar. There are very few steakhouses in Europe that import USA beef and even fewer that dry age all their beef/steaks. I met the owner and then later his American wife. The owner working in the New York and Philadelphia area restaurants and met his wife who lived in southern New Jersey. Actually she is from a town very near one of our homes. The food and service was very good and we even tasted the "New York Cheesecake" which his wife makes. I recommend this restaurant for anyone wanting a very good steak in Graz.

Visited May 2014
Ridgway, Colorado
“Truly exceptional steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

The Steak Boutique is located in the Graz city center, easily accessible via public transportation. Their menu includes some salads, soup, and chicken - but this is a steak restaurant for steak lovers. They have dry aged steaks from Austria and Nebraska that are among the best I ever tasted. Their side dishes are great by themselves and complement a good ribeye perfectly. The interior is very well decorated and maintained, formal and tactful, but not overdone. You can relax here. The staff are very friendly and professional and do not rush you. They also have a bar with a variety of local and imported beer, wine, and hard drinks. The owners, Marco and Sophie, are nice people who are happy to provide suggestions and talk about the region when they are not too busy. They are busy a lot, though, and reservations are recommended.
As you can see from my picture below, they have a very cute mascot named "Kuerbis" (Pumpkin in English) who wears lederhosen. For a dog-friendly culture with such vast experience with lederhosen, and great innovation and engineering, the locals sure were dazzled by a dog with lederhosen. But it turns out that the owners are also master leatherworkers who make lederhosen for many animals. If you ask nicely, they can show you some of their other pets with lederhosen and other Styrian dress. They have a cat and four snakes with lederhosen, several birds with dirndls, and a pet crocodile with a rather muddy dirndl. They have several pet mice that wear Austrian hats and something going on with an ant farm that I couldn't figure out. They even have a cow with lederhosen, which seems kind of redundant. (Cows already wear leather....) They also make exotic animal clothing from other regions, such as Mongolia, Chiapas, Neue Brunswick, and the Nunavut region. Their back room has an ostrich with Aztec Sun God pants, a penguin with an Eskimo hat, and several gila monsters with Neue Brunswick street-rapper jackets. Wow!!!! When the owners are not too busy, they bring some of the animals out and have a little show. Marco plays the Tibetan kazoo while Sophie dances in the classic Uruguayan "bolero" style in full Uruguayan-cowboy dress. They do some shows when they are not too busy and the whole room breaks out in applause. They are very kind and humble people and may deny their talent, but, well, someone is just pulling your leg.

• Visited September 2013
New York, NY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the best steaks in Europe.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2011

As someone who loves to savor steak at least once a month and New York City probably being the greatest spot on this planet for red meat, the stakes are high.
I have had various experiences throughout Europe, but none were satisfying.
Hence I was a little reluctant when trying this small new restaurant in the city of Graz.
But I was more then pleasantly surprised. On offer are fine meats from Austria and prime black angus cuts from the States aged for a month and really great in taste.

the only drawback is that even in comparison to NYC steakhouses the meat has a hefty price tag. But its definitely worth it, once in a while! A real treat!
The side dishes can't really compete with the meat and there are only four on offer. Definitely go for the creme spinach.

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Smojive
Lanarkshire
“The best steak ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2011

I must mention that I do not rave for read meats and hearty steaks. So the very simple menu of this steak boutique, all revolving around big, beefy portions of meat, would have not been my first choice. However, once I tasted their splendid fillet I quickly changed my mind, and the following night I went back for more of the same. The wines are nice and the desserts superb. I was dining solo and did not feel awkward. The staff put themselves out and we managed to get by pretty well with their English and my rusty German. The only point that left me cold-footed were the hand-cut chips, that tasted somewhat smoky. The following day I had roast potatoes, that come rather soft with mixed cooked onions, and are actually rather pleasant.
Some fish dishes on offer, but the waitress pointed out their fish is frozen. Better stick to the straight and narrow of those wonderful steaks, with no regrets whatsoever.

• Visited July 2011